Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrophobic guy View Post
    What are you ****tin Brad "extorting"?
    Thats total bull**** he ran the motor for less than an hour.
    The builder bypassed the alarm and knew he had no gauge. He also knew he wasn't running a dragboat but, thats what the motor was built for. And no **** you need water and they overheat quick but, he never ran this motor
    hard if anything it lost an injector for some reason or, was lugged when it should have been flying since from the sounds of it, it was a drag motor.
    Well it was far from a Drag Josh, but that is what my steel sleeved that originally let go that took me to Gohrs was bored to according to Bill. This motor he built did have tighter heads (34cc) and an A5 box ( CDI) that came off the old motor. My thought originally was, with as much detail as Gohr goes into ( Because the guy does ) why wouldn't HE ensure this alarm was working, he made me put a new impellor in not to hurt his motor......why not check the alarm when installing ? there was a number of wiring that he ripped out ( and granted some of it that was not needed) but HOW does anyone know exactly what all was ripped out or what wasn't ? why didn't Gohr ensure it was working ? he did just rebuild it, he made sure everything else () was correct.....or so I am told. This has cost me more than just time and money Josh, this has burned some bridges between myself and guys I thought were my friends, I appreciate you sticking up for me, must be a Military thing But lets just let this dog lie down unless I keep getting poked.
    God, Country, and Fast Boats
    SPECIAL BOAT TEAM 12/ HSB'S SOC NSWU-1

Live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. And when your time comes to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with fear of death, so that they weep and pray for more time that they may live there life over in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a Hero going home.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    POKE POKE POKE POKE POKE. Take his Arss to Court!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How many more POKES do you need Buddy?
    Bud Conner "Heathen" "Defending Our Constitution"

FOR ALL ENGINE APPLICATIONS
    DRY Film Lubricant for Piston Skirts & Cranks + Thermal Barrier Ceramic Coatings for Piston Tops, Combustion Chambers, Valves etc !!

3. Likes CDave liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad Zastrow View Post
    First off I have owned and blown more engines than I can count, both two and four stroke. Did they only last 2 hours Brad ??? Now you are bad mouthing him and threatening him? Where do I threaten him?????? Do the right thing and apologize here on S&F. When Monkeys fly out of my azz I'll apologize Trying to extort the builder on a forum is no way to go about getting your engine.
    How about asking the builder to give a God Damn receipt on what he builds or repairs ? IRS is going to have a field day on him, you never know who ya know...... and how that can turn out, and that's not a threat, that's just a fact.

Live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. And when your time comes to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with fear of death, so that they weep and pray for more time that they may live there life over in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a Hero going home.

In meinem geheimen unterirdischen Versteck, USSA
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by specboatops View Post
    How about asking the builder to give a God Damn receipt on what he builds or repairs ? IRS is going to have a field day on him, you never know who ya know...... and how that can turn out, and that's not a threat, that's just a fact.
    No receipt? Thats good business practice there. Usually ANY engine builder I've had build a motor for me always asks whats it going in, what kind of weight, how many R's, do you want all out performance or flexibility on and on... Doesn't sound like thats the case here. Chris you know where us heathen stand on this whole sit rep.
    Last edited by Hydrophobic guy; 10-30-2013 at 09:38 AM.
    .......................................................................LETS STORM THE CASTLE BOYS!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With all the real crimes plugging up court dokkets, a judge will be very short on this case.If your lucky he will have the court reporter look up the nada value of the motor and cut it in half and award that....if you have a reciept.It be a complete waste of the courts time your time and money for nithing more then a awkward look from a judge, or most likely a pro-tem hearing the piddly cases.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Opinions Vary, song aint over till the fat lady sings.

In meinem geheimen unterirdischen Versteck, USSA
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    revlimiter this is a civil issue and exactly what civil court is for.
    BTW, half my family are lawyers and my cousin is the aag up here.
    .......................................................................LETS STORM THE CASTLE BOYS!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LongShot View Post
    I have bought parts from Bill and sold parts to him with no problems. He just repaired a 4 button tester for me and it works well. I was in need of a set of 5250 hipo rod bolts and a new set showed up here no charge from him. I have never met him personally, he is hard to contact at times but my deals have been solid.

Dave Hensley
    Bet you regret this post ; )

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by specboatops View Post
    Bet you regret this post ; )
    No chit. Lured me into the web and then took me for a Drag block!!! Live and learn. He will get his.
    Dave Hensley

1986 XR2002 /12" Mariner and string steering
    18' Pugh Hydro
    1992 XTB-21/225 ProMax

The barn is emptying out!!!

11. Likes Corona Mike, specboatops liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Deep down I was always hoping he'd make it right with you, all he had to do was send it back, or even have someone go and get it for you. I did that for 1BadAction, he bought a motor from a guy that is local to me, the guy wasn't doing his part, so I went and got it and sent it to Jim.

Like you said, sooner or later Bill will get what he has coming to him.

13. Likes delawarerick liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The POS did send 1/2 of a 280 block and used my Drag block to race with at Blarney's and was selling his boat with my block on it. My problem with the entire deal was once he had my motor he decided he wanted it but wanted it on his terms. He has taken you and many others for much more and gotten away with it. I expect folks to do what they say and if something happens that is out of their control, go the extra mile to come to a mutual understanding. A deal where both folks are unhappy or both are satisfied is usually a fair deal. It is sad to say but as the years have passed more and more of my dealings with folks on used parts has turned toward the negative simply because this junk is just worn out. Time to move on. Car motors, 4-stroke OB's or 3.0 liters are in my future. I can run fishing motors on the Allison's and still go fast enough.
    Dave Hensley

18' Pugh Hydro
    1992 XTB-21/225 ProMax

15. Likes Corona Mike liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bad deals with this guy keeps showing up on here and people still defend him. Seems his M.O. is to give a couple good deals then rip your wallet out through your ass. I guess the ones who defend him haven't made more than 1 or 2 deals with him. A quick search on this site and Google will turn up a lot of information on who you're dealing with and if you find someone with Gore's reputation for ripping people off, it's shame on you for taking the risk. This site really needs a "Good, Bad and Ugly" section for calling out who's good or bad to deal with. One section that one can search and easily find info on deals that were good or bad. Maybe even have a list of the worst at the top.
    "One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors". Plato .

17. Likes specboatops liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bought stuff from him for almost 20 years....Always has been a stand up guy with me...his engines are awesome

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by flabum1017 View Post
    Bad deals with this guy keeps showing up on here and people still defend him. Seems his M.O. is to give a couple good deals then rip your wallet out through your ass. I guess the ones who defend him haven't made more than 1 or 2 deals with him. A quick search on this site and Google will turn up a lot of information on who you're dealing with and if you find someone with Gore's reputation for ripping people off, it's shame on you for taking the risk. This site really needs a "Good, Bad and Ugly" section for calling out who's good or bad to deal with. One section that one can search and easily find info on deals that were good or bad. Maybe even have a list of the worst at the top.
    Point well taken, but I think his defense comes from people that live close to him that he knows can easily deal with him up close and personal without traveling and trying to find him. They also might just be birds of a feather....and know the whole story and still choose to associate and possibly benefit themselves in the skullduggery. The rap sheet from Lake County was a testament to what folks can do and still be walking around breathing up good oxygen.
    Dave Hensley

18' Pugh Hydro
    1992 XTB-21/225 ProMax

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think this thread should be a sticky...............
    "One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors". Plato .

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast