Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quit the banter bring him to court or, burn his trailer down. Hi Chris I'm back.
    .......................................................................LETS STORM THE CASTLE BOYS!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Irok10 View Post
    Ok lets say the motor over heated if it did in fact do that,,something was wrong with the motor for it to overheat,,thus falls back on the guy who built it...
    Thats not always the case I had a 150 burn up over a trash bag getting sucked up.theres a lot of variables with this motor.i just don't think ur going to get anything accomplished bashing some1 that still has ur motor.and he over nighted a piston and sleeve and had ur motor rebuilt in a few days so u could get back on the water and charged u half of what a merc dealer would. No dealer or shop covers over heats no1

In meinem geheimen unterirdischen Versteck, USSA
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ally101 View Post
    Thats not always the case I had a 150 burn up over a trash bag getting sucked up.theres a lot of variables with this motor.i just don't think ur going to get anything accomplished bashing some1 that still has ur motor.and he over nighted a piston and sleeve and had ur motor rebuilt in a few days so u could get back on the water and charged u half of what a merc dealer would. No dealer or shop covers over heats no1
    I cylinder overheat with no other damage at all? RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT. WHY! Was that cylinder dry?
    .......................................................................LETS STORM THE CASTLE BOYS!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrophobic guy View Post
    I cylinder overheat with no other damage at all? RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT. WHY! Was that cylinder dry?
    I had it happen on a carbed 200 Merc. Overheated and stuck top starboard cyl. Thats the first hot one when it stops getting water according to the guy that rebuilt it. All the rest looked perfect.
    13' Biel tunnel AKA "Flight Risk"
    13" Modified Yamaha V4 - 101 mph

21' Paramount
    Mercury 300 Promax

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Ally101 you sound just like your buddy Gohr telling Chris a bag got over the water intakes,,if so the whole motor over heats not one cylinder ,,or better yet maybe he got into a weed bed in the river,,give me a break..If you wouldn't bitch about your motor going down after two hrs of easy running,,and would suck it up and say oh well ..how about I build you a motor,,,i can use the money...
    Show me a motor that scuffs all 6 cylinders when it over heats I have never seen it.but what do I no.and the bag was my experience this summer not what he told me.i build my own motors thanks for the offer

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and once again the warning buzzer for over heating was never replaced ..falls back on guy doing your motor,,
    I have rebuilt several motors and not replaced the horn.didnt no u rerig a boat after u build a motor

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No need for Ally 101 or Irok10 to fight over this, as the saying goes.....it is what it is, there was a dispute on money owed to Mr. Gohr ( money he thought owed to him AFTER motor let go) I did not have it immediately but do now, and just want my motor back, that is my problem now, he had my motor hostage and will not release, so he has $3500.00 and my motor and I have nothing but an empty cowl, I just want to move forward, there was no bag around my lower, water pressure was great until steam apparently built, where and how that happened is still a mystery, I went from running 23 pounds of water pressure to the gage pegging, at that very moment motor quit. Everything else ( ALL other cylinders/ wiring/ lube/ impellor) looked perfect/ brand new. Gohr got my business because I thought I could trust him, yes he has built some fine stuff, and has proven that over the years. Just NOT this motor, then turning into a DICK after you have all my money and his customer service skills are non exsistant or communication........Yeah I'm a little pissed.
    God, Country, and Fast Boats
    SPECIAL BOAT TEAM 12/ HSB'S SOC NSWU-1

Live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. And when your time comes to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with fear of death, so that they weep and pray for more time that they may live there life over in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a Hero going home.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrophobic guy View Post
    Quit the banter bring him to court or, burn his trailer down. Hi Chris I'm back.
    Good to see you back Josh ! Missed ya, we may need to speak on covert ops here soon

Live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. And when your time comes to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with fear of death, so that they weep and pray for more time that they may live there life over in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a Hero going home.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by specboatops View Post
    Good to see you back Josh ! Missed ya, we may need to speak on covert ops here soon
    Gimme a ring brudda.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chris:

Josh and I have had a few conversations about this issue. AND WE Both Agree stop messing with this guy. Do as we suggested and take him to court. Use the money he is holding you hostage for to get it done. There is no way you can't win. Even in Illinois.
    Bud Conner "Heathen" "Defending Our Constitution"

FOR ALL ENGINE APPLICATIONS
    DRY Film Lubricant for Piston Skirts & Cranks + Thermal Barrier Ceramic Coatings for Piston Tops, Combustion Chambers, Valves etc !!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Bud, I will try to contact you/ Josh later today. Thank You !!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know about your deal, but I just purchased a rotating assembly from Bill, we talked on the phone told me what it was I sent him the money and he sent the motor, it is what he said it was. My only experience with him but I would not hesitate to buy from him again.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First off I have owned and blown more engines than I can count, both two and four stroke. I have yet to find the builder at fault. Water pressure is a big deal on two strokes. Only takes seconds. The gauge pegged means steam pressure. Not good. How is that the builders fault? Something must have blocked the water pickup. Now you are bad mouthing him and threatening him? No warranty from any engine builder including Mercury covers over heating. End of story. It happened. Do the right thing and apologize here on S&F. Trying to extort the builder on a forum is no way to go about getting your engine.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What are you ****tin Brad "extorting"?
    Thats total bull**** he ran the motor for less than an hour.
    The builder bypassed the alarm and knew he had no gauge. He also knew he wasn't running a dragboat but, thats what the motor was built for. And no **** you need water and they overheat quick but, he never ran this motor
    hard if anything it lost an injector for some reason or, was lugged when it should have been flying since from the sounds of it, it was a drag motor.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Opinions vary Brad, how does it overheat with a water pouring out the piss tube and showing 23 + pounds ? I'm not the one on here anymore keeping this thing going but I won't tuck my tail from it either. Its how Mr. Gohr acted and handled this situation too. Hey I know you guys are friends, good for you. I also stated that I have seen motors he built that run great and have lasted, that's what originally took me too him, that and I HAD a few buddy's that had done business with him with good results, I also posted that too, my fist encounter with Bill and what he did was good, I know he can build a good motor, THIS WAS NOT ONE OF THOSE. You ever do a Google or Bing search under his name I'm not the first, won't be the last, again, you have your opinion, and I have mine. Have a nice day.
    Last edited by specboatops; 10-28-2013 at 12:45 PM.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast