Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HStream1 View Post
    He'll Change his tune when he gets a Subpoena to appear in Court.
    I agree with this. These folks that screw people over need to feel the hammer of the law.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by specboatops View Post
    Yea that's kinda what I've been told, except my motor is/ was bone stock 225 Pm that never saw 5000 rpms, it let go around 4200, but I get your point none the less, and Gohr actually said the same thing. Like I said yesterday, time for me to move on and get this behind me.
    Not trying to stur the pot but what promax comes with a Cdi A6,no vst and 34cc heads on it?
    Last edited by Ally101; 10-16-2013 at 03:22 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ally101 View Post
    Not trying to stur the pot but what promax comes with a Cdi A6,no vst and 34cc heads on it?
    Point taken, but that is a stick you are using to stir the pot, if Bill Gohr is so reputable, then why did he never raise this concern ? I ran this thing like a baby and it let go, all I wanted from him was to meet me in the middle, but his fat head ego is to big for that, yes he has built a ton of great running motors, just sad to see him deflect responsibility when it lands at his feet.
    God, Country, and Fast Boats
    SPECIAL BOAT TEAM 12/ HSB'S SOC NSWU-1

Live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. And when your time comes to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with fear of death, so that they weep and pray for more time that they may live there life over in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a Hero going home.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The pot is already been stirred,Im just adding another point of view.Your right he has built some nice motors for a couple other friends,but as they say in life ,you have to take the good with the bad!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    An a-6 box is the last thing you want to run at 4200. Just sayin'. I bought a 260 years ago from him and it ran/ still runs as advertised. Plenty of people on the other side of the fence however.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I need to chime in here as i am totally confused. Where does any post say the engine in question had a A6 box and 34cc heads? Or did I miss something all together?

Post #42 clearly states the engine was "BONE STOCK".

But if as mentioned this engine did have a A6 box on it. I agree 4k thru 5k is a disaster waiting to happen.
    Last edited by HStream1; 10-21-2013 at 10:59 AM.
    Bud Conner "Heathen" "Defending Our Constitution"

FOR ALL ENGINE APPLICATIONS
    DRY Film Lubricant for Piston Skirts & Cranks + Thermal Barrier Ceramic Coatings for Piston Tops, Combustion Chambers, Valves etc !!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This motor has a (A6) style ecu from Cdi with 34cc heads.thats not the best cruising box specially in the mid range.it will burn up in 2 minutes boat riding if the curve is lean.i would put stock box on it and the vst for boat riding.
    Last edited by Ally101; 10-21-2013 at 03:52 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Again I ask. Where in any post does it say this engine has a A6 Box and 34cc heads? All I can find is a post that says the engine was Bone Stock.

I also again say. If in fact this engine does have the A6 Box and the fuel curve not modified. Cruising around at 4000 to 5000 rpm's is a disaster waiting to happen. I might also add that if this engine is set up as you mention I'd bet there is some port work done also.

This motor has a (A6) style ecu from Cdi with 34cc heads.thats not the best cruising box specially in the mid range.it will burn up in 2 minutes boat riding if the curve is lean.i would put stock box on it and the vst for boat riding.
    Last edited by HStream1; 10-22-2013 at 04:41 AM.

DRY Film Lubricant for Piston Skirts & Cranks + Thermal Barrier Ceramic Coatings for Piston Tops, Combustion Chambers, Valves etc !!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I talked to the engine builder

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I believe the Box to be an A5 not a6, yes it was/ is from CDI. . the heads 34cc had nothing to do with this, plenty of oil on all other cylinders/ pistons, even Gohr stated that. And If the Box was an issue why did he not say something ? he pointed out everything else that I HAD to change to run his quality of motor ? even replacing a brand new Impellor because he wasn't going to let a 35 dollar part hurt HIS motor, but not say something about the box ??? Pull this leg and it plays jingle bells.
    Last edited by specboatops; 10-22-2013 at 02:35 PM.

Live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. And when your time comes to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with fear of death, so that they weep and pray for more time that they may live there life over in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a Hero going home.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I talked to the engine builder
    And we ALL know he soooo honest right ???

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't no what happened I was told it over heated.i was just stating its not a stock motor.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by specboatops View Post
    And If the Box was an issue why did he not say something ? he pointed out everything else that I HAD to change to run his quality of motor ? even replacing a brand new Impellor because he wasn't going to let a 35 dollar part hurt HIS motor, but not say something about the box ??? Pull this leg and it plays jingle bells.
    This is what I want to know. If dude is such an expert, why didn't he say something about which box the motor was running too?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I don't no what happened I was told it over heated.i was just stating its not a stock motor.
    Well #2 seized, so that did happened, everything else looked great. All I did was turn the key and give it gas, did a lot of floating, and had my daughter idle it as we looked at homes along the river, went to head back to the ramp and it was like someone just turned the key off. I'll be the first to admit Gohr has built some great/ long lasting stuff....just not this one.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Over heated??? All cylinders were pristine except #2. Dry as a Bone??? Only one stuck? I'll be corrected here. But a over heated motor does not look like described. Never a water pressure issue???????

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast