Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

00 nissan frontier wont charge battery

I have a 00 Nissan frontier 4/4 crew cab V6 I would like to tow my boat with but the alt want charge the tach speed and odomotor does not work I have checked all fuses and wires and I got the alt checked and it was good its been broke down for two months and summer is getting near anybody every had this problem.
    🇺🇸IF YOUR NOT LIVING ON THE EDGE YOUR TAKING UP SPACE.🇺🇸 Travis 1967 15t powercat

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you had the battery checked? if its junk,you will show a charge from the alt but the battery wont take it. You should have about 12.5 v at the battery with the truck off and around14v with the truck running, I would get the battery load tested and go from there. ALso check and clean BOTH ends of the ground cables. Bad grounds can reak havoc with these things.
    This may sound like an odd question, but is there an aftermarket stereo/Cd player in it?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    fuse link , or bad ground, or cut wire, need someone to look up to see if there is any t.s.b's on it...techinal servise bulletin's. i remember one a while back, one that had fried fuse and doing same thing your saying your's is doing and ended up being a shorted wire. you can try a google search to see if other people ever had some problem and posted on a car foram.....hope it help's
    1990 hydrostream virage diamondpower280