Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that's about right..most 225ho's run 50-52 . In the heat of summer some struggle to get 50. A 300xs on a fully rigged boat runs around 56-58. The XS still has around 100-200rpms on the 250ho depending on the heat. My guess would be slim can't stay within 5 lengths (: Bell doesn't run a 3cyl, but he does have a saucy v4, but even it has a hard time hanging with the Luttrell triple. Still, neither of these small motors can hang with Leroy.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A empty 17'6"-19' x 56 or so with a stock 250XS will run almost 60 maybe, a loaded boat 225-300 HP lo to mid 50s is about it, you can slide one on a riffle and get magic numbers on a gps if you want but avg numbers are the TRUTH , slim had no real competition last go round #1, luttrell can make one run but it looked as though after the hole shot it was over, big 3.0liter engines (Mercs) really roll on the topside even with a pump, I can absolutely tell you that Leroy was running many more RPM than a 300XS way more , ever heard of a man named catfish makes the worlds fastest Yamaha drag motors??? lets just all meet in the middle on the meramec then , or do we just need to come on down to the Current with all the fuzz down there and get it on , I can assure you there are folks that will!!! why not get our own class at the SLDBA race down at Wappapella ??? LOL

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah...I know that when the officials at dsra got the equipment to test fuel, he stopped winning races LOL

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CAN ANYBODY ORGANIZE A RACE , a real race DOWN SOUTH????? just like the old days at Morelands or at 42 bridge or even the last one on the Osage ???????? Spread the word WHO can do IT??? like to know ,I being from way up north would not know who to contact , but would volunteer any help I could , clearwater wappapella , Current where ever lets get it on

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    rockdamage you're right,Jeff's running a v-4. Kottman is pretty good at chemical horse power!! SLDBA has a class caled Lake racer 12 sec and up dial your own index and handicap ( staggered) starts. See ya all at Popular Buff in May.
    M/E 1115 'Hot Pursut'
    Mike Massmann
    Stick it in,Get it wet,GO fast!!!
    GONE BLACK !!

Member: Ray Neudecker's
    OVER the HILL GANG OUTBOARD
    RACING

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

young guns but no big guns

I agree that slim vs leroy will never happen because the owners will never let it happen. As for races for everyone else I would love to see it happen. I don't know who to contact or how to make it run but if everyone with an average boat would bring their boats out and just race it would be a good time. everyone will not show up and run if luttrell is going to bring his 2 cyl or 3 cyl out or even slim because why waste the time and money to drag your boat there so he can pack home another trophy. It's amazing to see what the 2 cyl and 3 cyl has done but it killed the # of boats at the races because everyone knew the outcome before they put the reesee hitch on the truck. These races would be a great time and I think would have a great turnout if they could just get organized. It would most likeley have to be at the gasconade or merremac because with the way things are going I beleive within 3 years the only way you will see the current is if you are floating it in a canoe with a buch of tree humpers from illinois or california that's just imo. Lets see what we gotta do to run. I stick with my little brother ( lil blue rude) i'll race but I won't win but it would be fun anyways. anybody got any traction to make this happen?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just for the record. I am not on here trying to start up stuff between people. I am just saying what I think and trying to state what I know. I believe the races would be good if they were to go on again and am just stating what I think about the races in the past and what has happened with the races. I would love to see them go on. I would and could try to help with the races but I have no means at all of trying soley to head up the effort to start them again. just through I would clarify that.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    See there is somebody else for the common man , most people just want to race, and not get totally spanked , just have a good time and race I would bet some would like a practice round or two just for fun , just to make laps , most just don't want to have 3 cyl or 2cyl out run there 90,115,150 or 200, cause that sucks , the serious guys need to go to lake racer deal or have a outlaw class for the built stuff to run in and let the river runner stuff ( front deck rear deck cooler and bbq family haulers) have a race like it used to be ,another way to chop up classes is by weight , thus eliminating all the tin can stuff to the outlaw class , or whatever how many Xpress JTs,Alweld JC and legends are are out there with 150,200,225,250 AND 300s these are what should be racing everyday fishing and riding boats , just empty them out and get it on!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

races

I can do a race any time I want here in Vanburen. It's just a matter of 2g's for the insurance and we have a race. I did the stock class before and had a nice turnout. what we need is a green motor class......optis, etecs and vmax

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now Rockdamage we're talking , with some help from sponsors and a small fee to race 2Gs should be nothing , green class stock as a rock ecu's and flywheels and I believe turnout would be awesome, have a fishing boat class and a river racer tin can class and a 60/40 4 stroke class as well ,whole lot of them running around , that would be a fun weekend !!!!!!!!!!! hell have concessions to help pay for it as well/ anything over costs go to a charity of some sort makes you wonder what it could grow into??!!!
    What do you think Rockdamage ?????
    Last edited by RIVERJET460; 02-22-2011 at 07:13 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just run an old stock 150 merc, but I used to always go to the races and would love to be able to go to them again and bring the boat. What happened to just good times on the river?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    green motors can only be modded in e few ways; changing the rev limits and some flywheeel work...we'd all like to see to 60etec face down the 60 4stroke. maybe weekend after labor day ...rivers are slow her

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pump gas only might level the playing feild a little bit, I don't think Kottman's the only one that's good at making chemical horsepower.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree that the races with the stock classes at the race a few years ago had a really good turnout. These sound like good ideas, split up classes outlaws and mild modifieds, set it up and run it, if there is intrest and turnout set it up for multiple races, keep track of it and maby even points systems for a few races a year, small cash payouts for winners to cover small expenses ( not get rich big cash pots) and donating to a charity or some other local organization. It's got a lot of potential because it sounds like there is a lot of intrest just putting it togeather and everyone focusing on racing and enjoying it it could be successful.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The guy that had the long boat with the yamaha and a tiller and he layed down in the back of it and ran it that way, that was fun to watch.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast