Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

outboard jet tall tales

I was doing some e net searches and came upon this stuff. Posted by out famous riverrat it is a little inaccurate to say the least LOL.
    first off
    The cowtown boat is NOT a legend ss, it's a weldbuilt with Legend stickers!
    next Luttrell's boats are exterminators built by a company call legendcraft inc.
    these boats are in no way affiliated with the legend ss sticker. for cowtown to use this as advertisement is an absolute lie.
    Next is the real kicker. Cowtown has nothing to do with the setup or build of Luttrell boat, and since this race Luttrell has stepped over to the dark side and now races a mercury. Knowing this, the cowtown boys have retired their top dog boat. They say there is no money in it and it doesn't matter anymore, but for years they bashed Troutt and mercury on the radio and held their chest high every time the big dog trophy was mentioned. They will never step up and race the Luttrell ultra 150hp- why risk the embarrassment . After all, they say no mercury will ever outrun the evinrude! Leroy has an enemy his name is slim and if you doubt him. put your money where your mouth is. I know they still stop in here from time to time. you say there is no money in it, well I'll put up $1000 that says Leroy aint so bad any more. strait up race no bottle.

Again the Crown comes back to Mid Missouri. This year the World’s fastest outboard Jet Boat Race was held in Henley Mo On the Osage River . The Races were dominated by Cowtown USA service Mgr Dan Morrison who Piloted a 200 hp Evinrude on a Legend SS Boat . Winning other classes was Jason Luttrell who drove a 60 hp Johnson on a Legend Boat. Dan and Jason cleared a path thru Alweld, Blazer Boats and Mercury outboard motors all day long with their Evinrude, Johnson and Legend Boats to be the only two left standing at the end of the day.
    Results:

40 Horse power class won by 40 Horse Johnson, Legend Boat, Ryan Hunt

60 Horse power class won by 60 Horse Johnson, Legend Boat, Jason Luttrell

90 Horse power class won by 60 Horse Johnson, Legend Boat, Jason Luttrell

120 Horse power class won by 60 Horse Johnson, Legend Boat, Jason Luttrell

150 Horse power class won by 60 Horse Johnson, Legend Boat, Jason Luttrell

200 Horse power class won by 200 Horse Evinrude, Legend Boat, Dan Morrison

250 Horse power class won by 200 Horse Evinrude, Legend Boat, Dan Morrison

Top Dog class won by 200 horse Evinrude, Legend Boat, Dan Morrison

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree, kind of funny the first time leroy was going to have some real competition he didnt show, I was there. That mercury is just wicked.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FYI...

that was copied from the Cowtown USA website...

...I didnt know I was famous!!!

but ill take that as a compliment...

Sincerly

The River_Ratj40
    You're a daisy if you do!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ! Leroy has an enemy his name is slim and if you doubt him. put your money where your mouth is. I know they still stop in here from time to time. you say there is no money in it, well I'll put up $1000 that says Leroy aint so bad any more. strait up race no bottle.

How serious are you about losing $1,000 ? Leroy is 10 yrs old! Built by Bob Kottmann, Steve Banderman and Jeff Bell for Banderman.The 1st yr raced was 2001 at 42 Bridge on the Gasconade driven by John Smith. The Motor has never been leaned on.We put it on my 1/4 Master and ran SLDBA race at Quincy and 1st pass 9.90 at 114 9200 rpm. Timing at stock 16 and at least 6-8 jet sizes too big(so fat it was dieseling on big end).The only thing Cowtown has done was put big bore carbs on and it boggs out of the hole and gives everybody 1-2 boat start.I'm sure I can lay my hands back on Leroy,and get the old group back together.It would be fun to finally lean on Leroy to see what is really there!!
    M/E 1115 'Hot Pursut'
    Mike Massmann
    Stick it in,Get it wet,GO fast!!!
    GONE BLACK !!

Member: Ray Neudecker's
    OVER the HILL GANG OUTBOARD
    RACING

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont think you guys have the huavos to get together for a race!!!

Nobody has the guts to try anything, weak minds, weak hearts!!!
    You're a daisy if you do!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sound like all I have to do is put a bigger set of carbs on my motor and I will be screaming by summer, LOL.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll put up the cash any time..........remember that 9.90 was from a rolling start ! I'd love to make some fast cash. We just need to pick the place.
    I got the post from a boat racing forum..I believe you pasted it there, I knew you didn't write it. That was all Cowtown.
    Last edited by riverking; 12-18-2010 at 12:53 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh and that's the same story I've heard for years......Never leaned on, Never ran a full race, Always de-tuned ??? I seen that last race where you barely outrun the 300xs.....maybe 2 boats at best

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When you say you barley beat a 300x,That was Cowtown.Banderman sold them leroy in 03. As far as a running start at 9.90,you sound like another non racer that likes to stir the pot betw those that do. Cowtown & Troutt & Sons are both supporting sponsors and owned and run by good people.Lets continue this post in April,I believe we can probably make your wish come true!
    M/E 1115 'Hot Pursut'
    Mike Massmann
    GONE BLACK !!

RACING

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well they do a running start......the boats are already on plain when they cut the starting lights. And it will take a miracle to get leroy from them....they can't risk it getting beat.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I heard a Tall Tale, of an outboard bassboat whooping, a jet boat..... The Bassboat was an honest 100 mph boat per the sales/owner, Jet boat was a Gps'd 85 mph boat. guess who won the 1/4 race. Turned out the Bassboat could only muster 89 mph Gps. Both guys swapped rides, and BS'd the rest of the day, with new respect for each boat.
    79 Southwind Tunnel Dragster 540ci BBC

UMPBA 926 Gas Jet

My Projects http://s200.photobucket.com/user/Dir...?sort=3&page=1

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ALL THE B.S. aside , LEROY is a bad mutha waiting for Bell/Massman/Banderman to put together a good tune up , that thing was really never as aggressive as it should have been after Banderman/Bell were out of the deal, it was kept conservative to keep it alive with no more help from Bell/Kottman/ Banderman they were up a creek as far as getting GORILLA with Leroy ,Mikes right even if you don't like it I and a partner with a 250XS on a light hull had a great chance one year but got blown into some gravel and killed the wheel no extra impellers we were done and the boat had been put together friday afternoon before the race tuned in the middle of the night(as far as boat set up stock Opti can't do much) then ran at midnight and 5:30 am at Morelands before going to race it, on the right boat and set up I do not believe anyone can run with Leroy and we out ran a 300 with our set up so B.S. is B.S. quit talking crap make a date and people show up at Belle Chutes go down to the old race track and get this over with , Mike I am sure you and Mr. Bell could make it happen !!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    May be they can get lance Sutton and his Gator there the same day! Would be a hoot to run that juiced jet!!( I've heard he can whip any outboard)!!
    Last edited by mmassm; 12-28-2010 at 05:23 PM. Reason: added
    M/E 1115 'Hot Pursut'
    Mike Massmann
    GONE BLACK !!

RACING

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mmassm View Post
    May be they can get lance Sutton and his Gator there the same day! Would be a hoot to run that juiced jet!!( I've heard he can whip any outboard)!!
    Please let these races happen. Leroy and Slim was going to be the highlight the last time they had races at osage and that got quickly deflated with a no show. If this race gets set up it'll be the best competiton/fun to follow races since fulton quit tryin to outrun the 3 cylinder(even the 2 cylinder) and since the 3 cyl ran leroy for the overal. It'll be awseome if it happens.

WASHINGTON N.C.. I TOO HAVE A BOATING PROBLEM
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=mmassm;2090058]! put it on my 1/4 Master and ran SLDBA race at Quincy and 1st pass 9.90 at 114 9200 rpm. QUOTE]

Are we talking about an outboard powerhead with the jet lower unit??
    JOHN MASON
    '83/VECTOR/MERC 200-- SOLD
    '98 Quartershot T-3/ MERC 200

"If your not living on the edge, your taking up to much space"

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast