Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BUSHWACKER View Post
    if it gets dirty throw it away print another.
    that is what I love about them!
    James Perry

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Bushwacker. I'll look or a DVD.

WASHINGTON N.C.. I TOO HAVE A BOATING PROBLEM
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't read all the posts, but I bought an "aftermarket" manual at first...then later a Merc manual.....the aftermarket looks like it was almost copied word for word, and picture for picture from the merc manual.
    JOHN MASON
    '83/VECTOR/MERC 200-- SOLD
    '98 Quartershot T-3/ MERC 200

"If your not living on the edge, your taking up to much space"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interested in Manual for 1980 Mercury 4HP 2 Cylinder 2 Cyle Engine

Quote Originally Posted by wrechin2 View Post
    I have a lot of manuals I don't mind giving. I go through and add hot links to them. All I ask is if you find a mistake let me know so I can correct it as I have that capability. What year, make, and HP do you have? If I have a manual that you need it is yours for the asking.
    I have a new-to-me 1980 Mercury 4HP 2 cyliner 2 cyle engine, serial number 9321228, model number 1004200. Do you have a manual for that? I would love to get one. I'm particularly interested in verifying the fuel/oil mix (50:1?), learning the spark plug gap, and figuring out an issue I have with it now that it is stalling out. It ran for a while (maybe 1/2 hour with no issues) but then started stalling out so I've stopped using it till I figure out more. I used 50:1 ratio and good non-ethanol gas (high octane - 93 - since that is the only gas that is ethanol free in my area) with Mercury 2 cycle outboard oil. I used a measuring bottle that is marked for 50:1 and put right amount in with the gas in a 2 gallon container. I may not have mixed it well enough - that is one possible answer - but maybe there are other issues since the engine wasn't used much prior to my buying it. I did get a demo and it worked great, and as I say it worked for about 1/2 hour without any issues. Appreciate anything you can do for me - advice would be great, and also if you've got the manual I'd love to read it. Thanks!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wrenchin2, I really appreciate your time providing these manuals for S&F members! If you have a manual for a 1995 mercury 260, serial number og205422, 2.5 efi ss offshore, that would help out a great deal! Thanks for your time. Bob Findley.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had both OEM and SELOC. I'd say the OEM was more organized and had better step by step details and illustrations, but FOR THE MONEY I don't see anything wrong with the SELOC. Depends on what kind of work a person is looking to do. For the basics I'd pocket the extra change and get a SELOC.

As for SELOC versus Clymer, I've checked a couple of Clymer's out of the local library for a couple of things and didn't think they were all that great. I have a SELOC right now for my 150 and think it's adequate.
    Ron V

Annapolis, MD ragboat capital of the world
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    You haven't seen the SELOC pages that were too generic and slightly wrong for a Merc?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Wrenchin2. I just picked up a 1978 20 hp 2 stroke Mercury. I was wonderin if you have a manual for it? Thanks in advance.
    I have a lot of manuals I don't mind giving. I go through and add hot links to them. All I ask is if you find a mistake let me know so I can correct it as I have that capability. What year, make, and HP do you have? If I have a manual that you need it is yours for the asking.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by topsy_vt View Post
    I have a new-to-me 1980 Mercury 4HP 2 cyliner 2 cyle engine, serial number 9321228, model number 1004200. Do you have a manual for that? I would love to get one. I'm particularly interested in verifying the fuel/oil mix (50:1?), learning the spark plug gap, and figuring out an issue I have with it now that it is stalling out. It ran for a while (maybe 1/2 hour with no issues) but then started stalling out so I've stopped using it till I figure out more. I used 50:1 ratio and good non-ethanol gas (high octane - 93 - since that is the only gas that is ethanol free in my area) with Mercury 2 cycle outboard oil. I used a measuring bottle that is marked for 50:1 and put right amount in with the gas in a 2 gallon container. I may not have mixed it well enough - that is one possible answer - but maybe there are other issues since the engine wasn't used much prior to my buying it. I did get a demo and it worked great, and as I say it worked for about 1/2 hour without any issues. Appreciate anything you can do for me - advice would be great, and also if you've got the manual I'd love to read it. Thanks!
    Sorry I don't have a manual for that engine. I would suggest that you run some Berryman's B-12 chemtool in it at a 1oz per gallon ration. It can be found at your local wal-mart in the automotive section usually next to the sea foam. It may have a little varnish built up and it the B-12 will take care of it in 99% of the time. Just my experiences.
    James Perry

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mo River Rat View Post
    Wrenchin2, I really appreciate your time providing these manuals for S&F members! If you have a manual for a 1995 mercury 260, serial number og205422, 2.5 efi ss offshore, that would help out a great deal! Thanks for your time. Bob Findley.
    I only have that in a hard manual. Sorry!
    James Perry

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stu2Wings View Post
    Hi Wrenchin2. I just picked up a 1978 20 hp 2 stroke Mercury. I was wonderin if you have a manual for it? Thanks in advance.
    Sorry I don't. I don't work on the small HP so I don't have many of the manuals for them. I mostly have late 80's through 2004 manuals. The only manual I have going back into the 60's is a seloc manual in PDF that covers 45-220HP that I adding quick links making it "active" so if you want to go to a certain page you simply click on it.
    James Perry

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IMHO Go to www.ebay.com buy a real Mercury or whatever brand disk. That way ya can print the page take it to where your working get it greasy, who cares, throw it away print another one next time. Just saying.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wrenchin, I know this is an old thread, I was checking to see if you have a manual for a 1986 Mercury Black Max 150. I am just over the hill from you in Red Bank. I bought a used 1986 Bullet with some engine problems.

Thanks
    Jason

Wright City, MO USA(Transplanted Seattlite)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also have most Merc manuals. O/B and IO's. PM me a good email addy and which model as I'll never remember.

You will need an app to un-zip the compressed file.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast