Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Opinions on 2009 f250 or the new gmc Denali 2500?

Thinking of buying a 2008 or newer f250 (don't like the new model) I'm not posting this for the ford chevy debate, just want some honest answers. I've been told by multiple people including some diesel mechanics, to stay away from the fords. But I like the looks of the ford better. Any info before I go spend the coin is appreciated. Again I don't want this to get into a debate (argument) like the omc vs. Merc thing.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ill put it to you this way, (06 F250 HD 4x4) this is the first ford diesel and it will be that last one i would ever own. my dad has a 07 New body style 2500 silverado duramax and hasn't had any problems at all...JUST CHANGE THE DIESEL FILTER WHEN NEEDED!!!!! the truck wont move it will go into limp mode and wont pass 20mph.

im torn in between the dodge 03+ or the newer duramax's ...i wouldnt even consider ford anymore

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Son has an F250 for work. 80,000 + miles trouble free. No one should own a government motors vehicle.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The people who own Brand X are going to tell you how wonderful they are, and how the other brands suck.
    Same with brand Y, and brand Z. Many are going to tell you to buy brand "company not located in the USA", and that is another choice you will have to make.

It will be your truck. Go and test drive them, but leave your wallet at home. Car salesman are not selling you a truck, they are selling emotion, and impulsiveness.

My suggestion is to buy a vehicle made in the USA, by a company that did not use bankruptcy to get taxpayers to pay the pensions of their former employees.
    Last edited by DanielC; 12-08-2010 at 04:50 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't buy another GM right now because all I can still taste is our money that bailed us/it/....GM out. I got an 03 6L Stroker and it's a good engine. I get from 13-20MPG with it depending on what your doing. You MUST be sure to find one that's been well cared for. The 6.4 is a different story. Seems to be ok but MPG sucks. Dmax has best MPG and they run good and are generally trouble free. The Dodge has a good engine (Cummins), transfer case and axles. Other than that it's questionable, I've never thought Dodge had much of a truck... just a good driveline. If GM wasn't just bailed out I'd suggest a 2006 Dmax, since they were find a good low mile, well kept pre-2007 stroker.
    Sunsation 32 Dominator - 496 MAG HOs

Nothing runs like a Deere when a CAT's on it's ASS!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the fit and finish of the Fords better, but if you want a bulletproof diesel you cant go wrong with Dodge (cummins). The cummins is under warranty for 100,000 miles regardless of year model.
    27 Ft Fountain SF
    Twin Merc 250 EFI's

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Powerstrokes are junk simple as that.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have a 09 ford f150 and love it... i could of had a stroke me,but stuck with the gas job...remote start...loaded.. i drive hammer down pulling the boat and can get 15 with cruse set at 80 or all most 18 empty at 80... worst is 8.9 on the limiter not letting up on long trip.. have few friends that have new strokers and they like em kinda...lol after burn sux or does it when it has trouble and burns up
    1990 hydrostream virage diamondpower280

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I just bought the Ford F150 King Ranch due to the ride, turn radius, fit comfort, interior finish and a fair gas mileage. Drove the three D, C & F decided on the Ford. The resale also seems real good!
    My first Ford so the jury is still out but so far extremely pleased!
    Had the Dodge and GMC as prior trucks.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have an 08 Ford F350 single rear wheel drive 4X4, 6.4 Diesel, just turned over 100K. Have had it back at approx 80K for emmisions computer reset, but other than that it has been trouble free. Run a lot of highway, so that is pretty easy on it. Fuel mileage is the worst complaint I have. If you stay at speed limit, maybe 15mpg, 5-10 over and it drops to 13.5 - 14mpg. I agree with the idea to drive them both, and see what you like better for yourself. I think both vehicles are pretty sound, and have thier + and -. Made in America, now thats a concept, which it were true. We build automotive molds and there isn't a whole lot left that is actually Made In America at least completely. Good luck and enjoy the ride!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DODGE ALL THE WAY!!! u get way more truck for your money

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GMC 100,000 mile 5 yr warrenty Dura Max and that Allison Trans.. Top noch . but good luck with what ever u decide...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have am 08 f250 with a 6.4 the mileage use to suck but then i got a programer spartan diesel tech and deleted the dpf and cat before 14 at best now 23 on hwy at 80 mph. being an auto tech i will tell you that the ford is the hardest to work on if anything go's wrong i do like the chey powertrain but don't like the fit and finish the dodge is just junk seen alot with problems and ford dose give a 5yr 100k on all the powerstrokes and ford just started offering a 10 yr 200k warranty i just bought one for my truck only 1200 bucks well worth it. if things break on a diesel it is not cheap but all in all i am happy with mine 60k strong and has not been back to the dealer yet

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    why don't you buy Wildman's[randy]?
    why ask me ?