Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Phantom 25 and its new Verado 350 sci

Hi,

I have decided to order a new Verado 350 sci for my ol' Phantom 25. The two Merc 2.5 EFI SS engines and lots of equipment left for UK in a Ford Mondeo (!) yesterday.

Reconfiguration of the transom starts in December. New Livorsi Vantage instruments, full power assisted steering, new cockpit setup, Bobs HD 4 inch jackplate, etc - all to be mounted soon. I will post pictures when we start up.

Lets hope the new Poseidon gearcase will be fast Goal is 81-83 mph.

Cheeers, Toffen

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrads on your purchase. The new Poseidon gearcase looks just like a large fleetmaster case. You will be fine up to 83mph.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi!

Thanks Is it different to the former 2 nd generation gearcase which was very large?

Cheeers, Toffen

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is the larger bullet with NO cresent leading edge/ cone or swep back skeg. It will be 1.25 shaft. It should be faster then the existing case but I think its the same diameter casing.

It does not look like a sportmaster or the existing 350SCI case but instead looks like a beefy Torque/Fleet Master.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi!

Thats good. I used a Torquemaster when I had a Promax 300, so I see the picture. Do you know if the waterinlets are different with the Poseidon? The 2nd generation version did not like to be jacked up as the first generation case (which was a standard Verado / 3 litre case). I can block the upper 3 inlets, and get it up somewhat.

Its possible to order a reworked Torquemaster and Sportmaster with a spline which fit the 350 sci from a race shop in Australia. However, I prefer to run stock. I will do anyway until warranty expires.

Thanks for your help!

Cheeers, Toffen

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont know where the water intakes are as I only saw a side profile of it. It looks robust and nice. You will be happy.

Please post tons of pictures when you get it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi

Happy New Year!

We will start rigging next week doing the transom first. A little delay here due to illness. The boat will be rigged with a Stainless Marine Gorilla II jackplate, if it stands the HP and weight. If not I will choose the Bobs Extreme 4 inch jackplate. Photos are coming up soon.

I see that Vrods often choose Rev4 props. Are they fast? I have a pair of Hydromotive Quad X-O/B 25 pitch and Mirage Plus BBlades 25 pitch. I will check these. However, I used these props on my Merc 2.5 EFI's. A completly different setup. So with a single engine I need a prop with max bowlift / min transomlift. Chopper II is not that interesting as cruise speed will suffer alot. Any other suggestions will be much welcomed When I had a single PM 300 (not X), I did have very good results with old style A45 Tempest 25 prop. Both fast at cruise and top speed.

Speak soon.

Cheeers and thanks!, Toffen

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Toffen !
    Looking foreward to following your thread in here

Best regards
    Arne

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check out whipple, they have mods for the 350.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi!

Thanks. Can not find any mods ready at Whipple. I presume its coming. Transom is now reconfigured. New transomplates on soon. Engine will arrive any day now.

Cheers, Toffen

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

I hope you all are well

We will start rigging my Phantom 25 next week. Almost all parts are now in house, included a very nice Gorilla jackplate. I have read about the issues about blow out and water pressure using the 2nd generation gearcase of 350 sci. Lets hope the new Poseidon is faster. Since I use a 20 inch midsection on a 25 inch transom, its important to get the jackplate mounted correctly. The reason for using a 20 inch midsection is to get the COG as low as possible. 350 sci is a tall engine, although its only 12 cm taller than a Promax 300

I wonder how high the 350 sci propshaft can be run before loosing waterpressure. I need it to be approx. 2-2,5 inches below the bottom to receive the top speed I need. I did have a Promax 300 some years back, and 2 - 2,5 inches below was spot on. I do not want to add a nosecone, as it will slow me down. Estimated speed will be approx. 82-83 mph. The Promax 300 (not X) pulled the boat to 76-77 mph.

The propshaft height will be approx 3,5 inches below at cruise (plus the fact that the water hits the prop higher due to 4 1/4 setback.

Look forward to hearing back from you.

All the best, Toffen

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    there is a guy (homesite) on Thehulltruth that has 4 350s on a foutain and had them on jackplate. he just has all 4 lowers redone with bobs lower and LWP. he can probably help you out.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Toffen, any pictures?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi!

Rigging starts next week. A little delay here. Then we have all the instruments and equipment. The engine will be here in 4 weeks.

Cheeers Toffen

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sixmassive View Post
    there is a guy (homesite) on Thehulltruth that has 4 350s on a foutain and had them on jackplate. he just has all 4 lowers redone with bobs lower and LWP. he can probably help you out.
    A lot of people are starting to do this on 80+ mph boats. The 350 sci case seems to hit the wall @ around 80. They add a bobs cone, and completely surface the case. Set it .5-1.5 inches above the bottom and run a big diameter wheel like a bravo. This gets that huge bullet out of the water. As we all know, a nose cone will only slow you down if you don't surface the case.

I have also seen a few people that have plugged ALL the water pickups on the side of the case and only use the ones in the front. This might be an alternative for Toffen.

I used to have a boat that would only run 78 mph with a stock Torque master case. I felt it could go faster. It would just run out of water pressure at wfo. I was very nervous about putting a cone on a sub 80 mph boat for fear it would slow me down..... I finally decided to put a Bob's cone on it. After the nose cone was installed, the boat ran a best of 83 mph and would run 1.25-1.5 inches higher on the jack than before.

Good luck with the project!!! I am very interested to hear about it.
    Cawley

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast