Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Canadian Postal M/Orders <> FYI

Just thought I'd share my experience on trying to cash a Canadian Postal Money Order here in the US............ I don't know what the hell the problem is but nobody here in the states (at least where I live) will cash a Canadian Postal Money even if the amount on the M/Order is in USD and not that large <$100. I'm told it's still a foreign currency and must be handled at a currency exchange location where they'll be happy to cash it for a very large fee...........So you guy's up north and here in the states might want to rely on PayPal (it a pain too) rather than on a Canadian Postal M/Order.

Hell, the same may apply in Canada if trying to cash a US Postal Money Order there................in either case it's pretty damm ridicules IMHO......

UPDATE:
    Your local U.S. Post Office doesn't know JACK !!!!!!!!
    After calling the customer help line at USPS a very nice girl did quite a bit of digging and said, quote:

YES, your local Post Office must honor Canadian Postal M/Orders as long as they are made out in USD with your name on the front and proof of ID from you at the time of cashing that must match your name on the front.

Gary

Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional.......

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to know Gary! Some people care so little about their jobs they won't take an extra minute to help a guy out....
    85 Checkmate Starflite
    MAD/Wolf 225 EFI

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are international postal money orders that should be used when dealing with other countries. I've never had any problems accepting them. I've received them from as far as Greece and Austrailia. Bank never had any issues what so ever. I did receive one from canada once that wasn't labeled international and I had to return it so the guy could send me the correct type.
    Bud Conner "Heathen" "Defending Our Constitution"

FOR ALL ENGINE APPLICATIONS
    DRY Film Lubricant for Piston Skirts & Cranks + Thermal Barrier Ceramic Coatings for Piston Tops, Combustion Chambers, Valves etc !!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use paypal mostly but as you mentioned they must honor the money order as you said at the post office if the post office in Canada made it out to you. They are both Govt agancies that do Billions of Dollars with each other. You may have just got a narrow minded teller? Its not like the paso. Well not anymore anyway. It may be they dont like paying dollar for dollar these days. It wont be long before they will be paying more down south for our dollar for a little while anyway. That might have somthing to do with it? You would think they would want all the buissiness they can get these days like most companies. I know there used to be places that wouldnt ship to Canada. Now those same places welcome the buissines. Together we can get out of this mess. I like the saying that goes: We can do what I could not.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We should be hearing more about this soon. Turns out refusing money orders is not USPS policy, just a lazy teller as was mentioned.

EDIT: Didn't catch your update Gary!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverman View Post
    We should be hearing more about this soon. Turns out refusing money orders is not USPS policy, just a lazy teller as was mentioned.

EDIT: Didn't catch your update Gary!
    Thanks Jeff, it's been quite an experience to say the least and you've been very helpful on your end as well. I'm getting ready to leave my office and head down to the local Post Office and I'm pack'n a can of "WOOP A$$" just in case. I hope I don't need to open up that can while I'm there, I might have to go "POSTAL" on the teller..........for that matter I might even make the 6 o'clock news as a feature not a viewer........LMAO.

I'll let you all know how it went later today.

Gary

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.usps.com/money/sendingmon...nationally.htm

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 summary="This table is used for title layout" cellPadding=0 width=538><TBODY><TR><TD class=blueheadlineText2 vAlign=top width=400 align=left>International Money Orders </TD><TD class=smnarrowText vAlign=bottom width=130 align=left> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 summary="This table is used for headline layout" cellPadding=0 width=538><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=2></TD></TR><TR><TD width=8></TD><TD class=secondaryHeadlineText2 vAlign=top width=530 align=left>Let us help you send your money around the globe easily. </TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 summary="This table is used for main body layout" cellPadding=0 width=538><TBODY><TR><TD width=8></TD><TD vAlign=top width=530>Sending money to other countries is easy and convenient using a direct international money order.

For only $3.85, you can purchase international money orders valued at up to $700 to 30 countries, with additional countries being added in the near future (some exceptions apply - see below). You can then send your money order using Priority Mail International® or Express Mail International®. The money orders can be cashed at the post office locations of the destination country.

List of countries accepting direct International Money Orders:

Albania
    Anguilla
    Antigua and Barbuda
    Bahamas
    Barbados
    Belize
    Bolivia
    British Virgin Islands
    Canada
    Cape Verde
    Dominica
    Dominican Republic
    Ecuador
    El Salvador ($500 limit)
    Grenada
    Guinea
    Guyana ($500 limit)
    Honduras
    Jamaica
    Japan
    Mali
    Mexico
    Montserrat
    Peru
    St. Christopher (St. Kitts) and Nevis
    St. Lucia
    St. Vincent and the Grenadines
    Sierra Leone
    Trinidad and Tobago

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    Bruster's Mercury solid motor mounts, details here:
    http://www.powercatboat.com/Bruster/Bruster.html
    I'm been living in fast forward, now I need to rewind real slow....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My opinion.
    The US post office, although it has mamy good qualities, is still a government agency, and does not pay attention to customer service like a private business would have to to stay in business.
    I had to return an small item to a mail order company, and when I contacted the company about the return, they said "No problem". They also said if you can put a receipt in the box for the return postage, they would refund that, also.
    So down to the post office I went. I asked about getting a second receipt to put in the box. They could not do that. I asked about getting a copy made of the receipt. They could not do that either.
    I went to a UPS store, and was able to ship the returned item, with a second receipt enclosed, no problem.

That was $8.00 or $10.00 of business the Post Office lost, simply because they could not supply me with a second copy of a receipt.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Done Deal but took awhile...........

Ok, here's the latest fiasco...........

Got to the Post Office and as I expect, I was immediately told "NO, WE DON'T CASH CANADIAN M/ORDERS". Ok, no surprise there.......LMAO. I told the postal window attendant that I had called the US Postal Service Customer Service and was told quote: all US Postal Offices will honor Canadian Postal M/Orders, following that statement...I was told they don't know what there talking about by the window attendant......no surprise there again. I politely ask to speak to the attending Supervisor and upon his arrival, I started my speech one more time repeating everything I told the window attendant........and lo and behold he said:

No problem sir, we can cash that M/Order for you.............

Well the window attendant look very frustrated and I finally figured out why. He had to get up of his a$$ and do some verification steps on the M/Order under some sort of special light looking for watermarks I assume. Then he had to go to an other area and make a phone and call to the Canadian Postal Service 800 number on the back of the M/Order to further validate it's the real deal. After about 45 minutes of this I finally got the M/Order cashed.

It truly amazes me as to the bull I had to go through. All those that told me NO they wouldn't cash the M/Order were either lazy or didn't know there job...........and they to increase postage rates............I'm really LMAO now.................

P.S. Thanks Jeff for hanging with me on this truly amazing adventure I've endured.....

Gary

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My pleasure Gary, sorry you had to go to so much bother. Paypal for me from now on.