Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just have to finish eating the 8500.00 that is gone which is a nice bite for 3 nice rides, I am just very hopeful that when i get another one it is a bit more echonomical far as money for the ridethan this last one. lol

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deason View Post
    Well to be honest i didnt ask because the web site said 86 all composit hull,transom so its my baby to deal with.

As for the Allison site saying that, it’s very possible your 1986 may have been built in 1985 or before…. just a thought.

Sorry for your loss and I hope your next Allison experience is a better one.
    http://forums.screamandfly.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=19833&dateline=1194317044

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks, well i have checked that out too serial number says jan of 86, maybe just early ones were wood to tell the truth i dont think allison knows

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deason View Post
    thanks, well i have checked that out too serial number says jan of 86, maybe just early ones were wood to tell the truth i dont think allison knows
    dude i think your playing us where is the pics

https://www.facebook.com/scott.steffe

Replacement Fiberglass Windshields For just about every hydrostream
    Fiberglass Seat Shells 18 wide high backs, 18 wide barrel backs and 23 wide big boy barrel backs

call 941-575-8914 with any questions

7 to 3pm 5 days a week
    Custom Fiberglass and Paint
    In Business since 1984

for sale

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, Do you have any pictures ? Sorry for the troubles !! Reading the website it says that the no rot transom was built in 86, but I don't know if that would guarantee that every model and every one built that year had a composite transom. Is the damage repairable ?? As a Allison owner I have known that not all 2002's were composite but I can see where a new owner could get confused reading the website. Hope that something works out well for you.

22R

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was gonna post some today but had 2 wisdom teeth cut out yesterday and have a big knot on my jaw today i know that has nothing to do with this but actually the boat ia at my place on Shellman Bluff and I stayed with wife last night, Anyway headed towork in morning and will be back at bluff tomorrow around 3 or 4 and am gonna load everyone who wants them down with pics. Most especially my buddy Scott i have got to get you some sorry bout draggin mt a** gettin them to ya will get them tomorrow dude

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think i read serial number rt from allison website, I mean i have seriously wrong about understanding them before lol best i can tell it was prod in jan and was the 46 one that month in 86 maybe I am rt about this dang sure wrong about the wood ser# is ALT21A46A686 Did i understand allison this time? Cause wrong as i have been lately it could be a 55 studabaker with louvers on the back glass lol

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Take the boat to Jack Barsh and have him put a new transom into it. He can make it good as new for little money. What is left of your motor? Was it running when it went under? Did you get it out and fill it to the brim with ATF fluid so it would not rust?

"Confidence" is that wonderful feeling you had right before you fully understood your true situation.- Unknown
    I don’t know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but, by God, they terrify me.- Duke of Wellington
    “I am not afraid of an Army of lions lead by a sheep; I am afraid of sheep lead by a lion.” – Alexander the Great
    Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.-Douglas MacArthur

Allison GSE 300XS

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    O K Everyone that gives a hoot or wants to know, composit started in 87 on allison boate wuth exception of 2002s there were 2 built with wood transoms before the composit started, then there were some more built 2002 and 3s with wood transoms to keep the cost down but dont know how many before wood stopped alltogether because noone wanted wood after the composit started or Mr Darris didnt say how many or what was done with the others with wood, But i did ask and he said that there were none from 90 up that had wood,I talked with him for 45 min or more and he is really a very nice gentleman to talk with. He also said that there were a few of the xtb-21 composit transoms they have left if anyone has the problem that I had and is interested in having a composit transome for a replacement. Well now that I know that and have kicked it all around I have decided that i am done with the wood and am not spending 3 or 4 thousand more on this boat for composit which for some reason I really want behind me at 100 or so to make sure the motor stays where it is suppose to, So if antone know anyone that wants a 86 xtb-21 that needs a transom and some tlc that has been shall we say damp with salt water pm me i have spoke to Scott about the transome which I havent forgotten The pics I will take in a couple of hrs when I get to the bluff and send or post for whoever cares to see them and i do have a few of it before it went down, I dont know if anyone wants it or what it may be worth but it is a gonner Im done with it. Im am gonna find me a 2003 and a 2.5 or thats what i want. jus undecided on color cause this one is gonna be jus what makes me smile if ya know what i mean

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got a 90 xr2002 wit the transom out of it right now and it's all wood and rotten so he did put wood in them thur out the 90s
    90 xr 2002

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what ever happened to the boat? still have it?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by michael_m View Post
    I got a 90 xr2002 wit the transom out of it right now and it's all wood and rotten so he did put wood in them thur out the 90s
    All the XR2002's had wood with the exception I think of the very limited run he made in 97. Think I've heard there were like 5 boats built in 97.

The XR2001's still to this day have alot of wood in them but pretty sure not the transom
    Erik Kiser

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you bought a 25 year old boat and think Allison should warranty it? Are you kidding? You should have stuck with Hydrostream, their 25 year old boats are all perfect!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont think he wanted it warranted. Just wanted to tell his story and find out if it had or why it didnt have a composite transom. Sorry to hear about that and good luck.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4