Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by props4u2 View Post
    Matt,
    The 300xs is a 92 min octane engine also.

Greg,
    Give Thom or Todd @ Hydromotive Engineering a call about the Ace's fuel additive.
    300XS is a 91 octane motor........states very clearly 91 octane minimum in the owner's manual of my '11 300XS.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg G View Post
    props4u2, ACES is a possible avenue, but I'm first trying to find out factual data on these motors. If a 225X is actually designed to run on 91 at 7000RPM and not 92, then with the bulletproof oiler, it might be the way to go for simple, turn key, no mix no fuss operation. Now if I had $18,000 for a 2011 200XS ROS Gen2.........I'd have hit the lotto!
    There are a few different ways to get them for under $17k, but they still are pricey......especially considering they have NO WARRANTY! If it weren't for the UIM Class 3C, these motors wouldn't even exist. You have to have a 30% deposit/order into Merc Racing by OCT. 15 to receive your motors by April. I'm sort-of being a guinea pig on these motors, as nobody I know of has run them on a high performance hull yet. They've been running the SST120 version on SST120 boats in the midwest for a while now, but I haven't seen any ROS versions on high performance pleasure boats yet.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MStine06 View Post
    Really? I didn't know that Lee. The 250XS only requires 87 octane right? Neal Edwards that I know runs his on 87 all day long.
    The 250 is 87 the 300 is 92+.
    Lee Sanderson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where do you get 92+ from? Here's a pic out of my '11 300XS owner's manual - 91 octane. The 2.5/280s require 92 minimum, but the 3.0 and 3.2 300s are 91 octane motors.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Last Trick 007.jpg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rayzor,
    I'm with you on the 2011 200XS ROS 91 Octane Short Shaft. No one in Europe will post any dyno prints, and no one in the US has one. So with that in mind, how do you verify what HP the Gen2 200XS actually makes before you hand over big money? I don't care about the warranty, as I won't get a warranty with any of the others, but there is a big difference between 200HP, 225HP, or 240HP for that kind of money. I also did not know that the deadline was Oct 15 for ordering the motor. Tick Tock.........

Merc is strange, it looks like they will publish a press release for the 225X that calls for 92 Octane, and then in the manual they call for 91.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 225 Promax is a 96 and recomended fuel octain says 92 min. I run 92 or better and spin mine over 7000rpm every single run i take all day long. Purs like a kitten at idle slow enough to troll with a fly rod. 2.5 mph with a 26 OS. Runs 90 with a 26 pitch prop at just over 7000rpm. Spin my 25 trophy to 7500 no problem with two aboard. Motor has way over 500 hours with no failures other than a stator. i put a 2000 PM SS startor on a few years back. She runs out at 97mph on my GS with a good worked 30. 93 any day with a 28. Cant say enough about how great this motor has been for me other than I cant bust 100 and that pisses me off!!

Mine has 33CC heads from Jay,ACU from Tony 7500 limitter. and ALL the junk taken off like Idle stablizer ect, premix. Still has 130 on all holes at 2300ft above sea level. 140 at sea level. Pistons are stock Merc side pinned. Timming set at 25 dead nuts. Everything else is stock. Going to add 260 type fuel system to get rid of the vst tank and run 37lbs. SVS and some new 7 pedle reeds soon. This winter might go as far as to port 280 spec and new pistons and rings pluss clean up the bores. That is a formitable combo so Im told for these motors. Still bullit proff but will make them pull more like a 260 without the re-ring issues every 120-180 hours. Should go way over 300hrs like this. The manual for the 96 225 says the motor weighs 350lbs!! Power to weight the 225 Promax wins also. That could be the main reason for being punchier? You can use thin or thicker gaskets for the heads and all sorts of good stuff compared to the X or XS motors. The XS has the low end grunt and would make a better ski boat motor or heavy hulled motor. But for a light boat as top speed and quikness the older motors have so much more potentual for now.

As the XS evolves and companies experament with higher rpm and other mods the XS should prove to be even more outstanding. But for now its hard to beat the 225 promax hoped up.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rayzor,
    I'm with you on the 2011 200XS ROS 91 Octane Short Shaft. No one in Europe will post any dyno prints, and no one in the US has one. So with that in mind, how do you verify what HP the Gen2 200XS actually makes before you hand over big money? I don't care about the warranty, as I won't get a warranty with any of the others, but there is a big difference between 200HP, 225HP, or 240HP for that kind of money. I also did not know that the deadline was Oct 15 for ordering the motor. Tick Tock.........

Merc is strange, it looks like they will publish a press release for the 225X that calls for 92 Octane, and then in the manual they call for 91.
    In talking to Chris Fairchild and Marty Signorelli about these powerheads, they both are saying they think they're putting out around the 240 mark, but neither of them have had one on the dyno yet, so who knows? A boat the same as the one I am having built has run 114 with a pair of 2.5 260s back in '96, so I'll see how fast mine runs and that should be a pretty good indicator of just what kind of horsepower these new engines are really putting out. If I can run 105+ I'll be happy - it's just gonna' be my family cruiser!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by whipper View Post
    My 225 Promax is a 96 and recomended fuel octain says 92 min. I run 92 or better and spin mine over 7000rpm every single run i take all day long. Purs like a kitten at idle slow enough to troll with a fly rod. 2.5 mph with a 26 OS. Runs 90 with a 26 pitch prop at just over 7000rpm. Spin my 25 trophy to 7500 no problem with two aboard. Motor has way over 500 hours with no failures other than a stator. i put a 2000 PM SS startor on a few years back. She runs out at 97mph on my GS with a good worked 30. 93 any day with a 28. Cant say enough about how great this motor has been for me other than I cant bust 100 and that pisses me off!!

Mine has 33CC heads from Jay,ACU from Tony 7500 limitter. and ALL the junk taken off like Idle stablizer ect, premix. Still has 130 on all holes at 2300ft above sea level. 140 at sea level. Pistons are stock Merc side pinned. Timming set at 25 dead nuts. Everything else is stock. Going to add 260 type fuel system to get rid of the vst tank and run 37lbs. SVS and some new 7 pedle reeds soon. This winter might go as far as to port 280 spec and new pistons and rings pluss clean up the bores. That is a formitable combo so Im told for these motors. Still bullit proff but will make them pull more like a 260 without the re-ring issues every 120-180 hours. Should go way over 300hrs like this. The manual for the 96 225 says the motor weighs 350lbs!! Power to weight the 225 Promax wins also. That could be the main reason for being punchier? You can use thin or thicker gaskets for the heads and all sorts of good stuff compared to the X or XS motors. The XS has the low end grunt and would make a better ski boat motor or heavy hulled motor. But for a light boat as top speed and quikness the older motors have so much more potentual for now.

As the XS evolves and companies experament with higher rpm and other mods the XS should prove to be even more outstanding. But for now its hard to beat the 225 promax hoped up.
    I agree with you 100% from a performance aspect. However, for the huge gains in fuel economy of the XS (especially w/ twins), I'll gladly give up some of the weight and performance advantage of the promax. Not to mention that the 225 promax is no longer available (obviously) and I want to buy new.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree Rayzor on the fuel economy and have also heard that, unlike the early '02-'05 200XS motors which were weak, the Gen2 200XS ROS is very stout. There seem to a be o lot of the Gen2's running in Europe with great success.

Is anyone out there on S+F currently running a 2nd Generation 200XS ROS SS motor?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree Rayzor on the fuel economy and have also heard that, unlike the early '02-'05 200XS motors which were weak, the Gen2 200XS ROS is very stout. There seem to a be o lot of the Gen2's running in Europe with great success.

Is anyone out there on S+F currently running a 2nd Generation 200XS ROS SS motor?
    A friend of mine owns one. It has a 225hp tag on the swivel bracket.
    http://www.geocities.com/fletcher_arrowbeau

Fletcher 17F6
    Hydrostream HST 20F

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    bigboy, what year is it? any chance of getting a pic of that tag on the swivel bracket and posting it up?

Here's another question back on the 225X. Is the stock compression on the 225X less then a 225 Promax?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    225x has 6.5:1 comp ratio.......
    Afteru

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayzor View Post
    Where do you get 92+ from? Here's a pic out of my '11 300XS owner's manual - 91 octane. The 2.5/280s require 92 minimum, but the 3.0 and 3.2 300s are 91 octane motors.
    Sorry I was going off of memory instead of looking in a book.

I'll just say premium fuel from now on.
    Clay Sanderson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Obsolete View Post
    Sorry I was going off of memory instead of looking in a book.

I'll just say premium fuel from now on.
    Whoops!!!

Posted with Clay's computer again.
    Lee Sanderson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    bigboy, what year is it? any chance of getting a pic of that tag on the swivel bracket and posting it up?

Here's another question back on the 225X. Is the stock compression on the 225X less then a 225 Promax?
    It's a 2010. I dont have a picture of that tag. Not much more info on it though.
    http://www.geocities.com/fletcher_arrowbeau

Fletcher 17F6
    Hydrostream HST 20F

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast