Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke96 View Post
    Just my opinion but if Brucato told me to swap the injectors around because they had different flow rates I’d be using someone else to clean my injectors. They should all flow the same....
    The injectors all flowed in the acceptable range .. not the issue as #6 injectors weren't the same both times it stuck the piston and the spark plug looked like it was burning perfect every time I looked at it ..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Who's doin sleeve work ? If sleeve not installed correct ...well u no , could b crooked ,or not touch the block in places and getting hot spots. something to look into

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Merc 2.5 View Post
    Who's doin sleeve work ? If sleeve not installed correct ...well u no , could b crooked ,or not touch the block in places and getting hot spots. something to look into
    It was sleeved by a shop recommended by Mercury last year ..was in Quebec, the only place in Eastern Canada that Mercury would recommend .. this time it needs to be bored to .015 over and it was done by a shop in Ontario that does marine performance work ..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So was EVERYTHING replaced on 1st rebuild??? Lectrics /fuel ?? Nuff clearance 1st time??if sleeve has hot spots or not touching block n places it wont transfer heat out of cyl like suppose to and it will run hot, maybe this isnt the issue but usually if been sleeved and all lectrics and fuel been serviced/ replaced ,, I'd start looking at that sleeve ,crack in 6 sumwere, injesting water to 6 thru exhaust dumps or plate warped maybe , idk. just tryin shed sum lite .... also have them deck the block just a hair enough to make sure everything "flat. Think mine got .005, on block head surface and chest surface ,heads needs a clean flat surface also,, mine is stamped in block from my machinist,, do you have complete confidence in ur machinist? I and most will say that what makes a motor , plx dont take this post as me being a jerk but have seen lots of "recommended shops" not do so great. I usually wanna see or hear sum builds they've completed.. just things to think bout , best of luck but I would check everything twice for that cyl that was posted above , o can mill bottom of block just enuff for flat also , just pull dial pins
    Last edited by Merc 2.5; 05-24-2019 at 10:21 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Merc 2.5 View Post
    So was EVERYTHING replaced on 1st rebuild??? Lectrics /fuel ?? Nuff clearance 1st time??if sleeve has hot spots or not touching block n places it wont transfer heat out of cyl like suppose to and it will run hot, maybe this isnt the issue but usually if been sleeved and all lectrics and fuel been serviced/ replaced ,, I'd start looking at that sleeve ,crack in 6 sumwere, injesting water to 6 thru exhaust dumps or plate warped maybe , idk. just tryin shed sum lite .... also have them deck the block just a hair enough to make sure everything "flat. Think mine got .005, on block head surface and chest surface ,heads needs a clean flat surface also,, mine is stamped in block from my machinist,, do you have complete confidence in ur machinist? I and most will say that what makes a motor , plx dont take this post as me being a jerk but have seen lots of "recommended shops" not do so great. I usually wanna see or hear sum builds they've completed.. just things to think bout , best of luck but I would check everything twice for that cyl that was posted above , o can mill bottom of block just enuff for flat also , just pull dial pins
    Thanks for the info ... much appreciated .. replaced reed cage, bore, piston, rings on all cyl, bearings, rod, fuel filters, gasket set, not sure of the piston/wall clearance but would have been whatever Merc recommends .. My mechanic was a Merc dealer and he got the reference for the shop to re-sleeve from his Merc technical rep so should be good .. the shop boring it this time does a lot of performance Merc stuff so should be fine there .. what do you think of the higher water pressure? not sure if that is common to the X motors? .. Dennis Hoffman said the program on the ECM is fine but the problem is intermittent and wondering if those X ECM's will do something like that? .. we're convinced that the problem is detonation so I think that would either be spark advancing or temperature or lean situation ... I was super paranoid after the first rebuild so I was checking all 6 spark plugs very often and I did find that one of the thermostats wasn't opening so I replaced them both and thought things would be fine .. the next weekend it stuck #6 again .. I really need to get this right this time somehow .. getting pricey .. running a Triad V21 and really like it but can't keep doing this ..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So u didnt check the lectrics? Is it a switch box motor?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only two shops I would have rebuild an X is Diamond or JSRE.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8