Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Carb question

2.4 200, WH carbs. Sometimes at idle the rpm drops then stalls as if it runs out of fuel. I found that if I hit the enrichener that it picks up rpm. I just went through the carbs, replaced the intake gasket and checked the reeds.
    I did find that I need to replace the gaskets on 2 or 3 of the main jets and 1 of the idles. I'll of coarse replace them all, but I can't get them til Monday. Is this my problem? Also it's only hitting 4800 rpm and it would turn 6200 before. Is this 2 problems? It seems like its not getting enough fuel at top end. It runs strong til 4800. HELP!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You definately have a lean condition could be your carbs but could also be your fuel pump too, if it hasnt been done I would get a rebuild kit for your fuel pump and carbs, and rebuild them make sure your float heights are correct too, thats very important. Also if it ran fine before you did the work on it, then I would look at what you did and see if you missed something or did something wrong.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It wasn't running well before I cleaned the carbs, it runs better since I did but still not right. I'll put kits in them, and rebuild the fuel pump at the same time.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that would be your best bet, what kind of shap are your fuel lines in make sure there not breaking down too.