Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by transomstand View Post
    My belief is that they are not needed in a correctly set up boat, but my biggest objection is safety. When driven in anything but glass calm water, it is very common for these boats to leave the water. The LAST thing I want, is to re enter the water with tabs in the full down position, creating a potential stuff. There have been fatalities in offshore boats due to a "tabs down" reentry. I'm sure tab proponents will state that it can't happen, but as I've grown older, I've found out you're not always to depend on the words "can't happen".
    Geez Pete, I hadn't thought of that. My boat becomes airborne VERY frequently but the landings are usually very controllable.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverman View Post
    Geez Pete, I hadn't thought of that. My boat becomes airborne VERY frequently but the landings are usually very controllable.
    I know its a totally different boat but I was running a sst with a 260hp ... it had tabs on it when I got them so I left them boat would struggle to hit 70 and then just out of curiosity took the tags off one day and it gained 10 or 11 miles an hour and broke into low 80s and got up alot better out of the water ....i don't like tabs out the back of any smaller go fast boat Just my 2cents

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2