Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jerry1865 View Post
    no dog in the fight, but, many years ago somebody came out with a water injector to mix water in your intake manifold with your fuel/air. i was amazed at how many people actually bought the kit.
    while its true that steam is more powerful than gas in some controlled conditions, the kit didnt do anything that it claimed (of course )

the reason i know this is that my dad asked me to mount it on his hp pick-up motor. it didnt stay on there for long.
    This actually works It was used on some of the rally cars in Europe the main one i remember was the ople manta

Water has a very high heat of vaporization. As the ambient temperature water is injected into the engine, heat transfers from the hot cylinder head and intake air into the water. This makes it evaporate, cooling the intake charge. A cooler intake charge means it is more dense (higher volumetric efficiency) and also has a lower tendency to knock. However, the water vapour displaces some air, negating some of the denser intake charge benefit. Knocking is generally more of a problem in forced induction engines rather than naturally aspirated, so this can help prevent it. On electronic ignition systems the ignition timing is generally retarded to prevent knock from occurring but with water injection it can be advanced closer to maximum brake torque (MBT) timing for additional power.

It was phased out in the mid 80s not sure if that was because of the fuel injection systems becoming more of the norm or for some other reason.

I love my Bikini

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If you want water injection, just get ya one of them stock 300xs cowls ...

Say Cleetus, how bout them Chinese turbolator's ...

That "progressed" 75 HP shot at the end ... is a little much for a 2-stroke ...

Those little "whippit" canisters can get expensive ... LMAO Maybe an "electric supercharger" will make some real power ...

Cleetus says, "Instant-boost with nitrous and turbo is the way to go ...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    If you want water injection, just get ya one of them stock 300xs cowls ...

Say Cleetus, how bout them Chinese turbolator's ...

That "progressed" 75 HP shot at the end ... is a little much for a 2-stroke ...

Those little "whippit" canisters can get expensive ... LMAO Maybe an "electric supercharger" will make some real power ...

Cleetus says, "Instant-boost with nitrous and turbo is the way to go ...

Love me some cleetus. Old Garrett is a hoot. Lol

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Water progress to methanol injectors works better for cooling the intake and adds o2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2