Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

115 fuel system

I assume this is one of those 2+2 motors i have always heard bad things about. The original motor was an OD028916 and the powerhead was replaced with a OG198508. Supposedly same thing only newer. I think it's a 2+2 cuz the top two carbs have idle adjustments and the bottom two do not plus the motor has an accelerator pump that goes into the crankcase on 3 and 4. What keeps the motor from flooding when priming? There is no check valve just a restrictor. Also when priming should you be able to push fuel past accelerator pump or would flow the the filter indicate a torn diaphram. I copied some diagrams from Reynolds Racing (thanks) that came up when I entered the welch plug number. http://www.mercurypartsexpress.com/u...#mr1456ar15626. The bleed line system on what I have is different. The bottom 15s (fittings) do not exist on this motor. The next fitting between the starter mount holes does exist but it was tied (probably incorrectly) to the next one up and these are the only bleed lines on the motor. This drawing shows the top one being tied into two fittings this motor does not have and the bottom one tieing into the line tween the top and bottom bearing. Does the two fittings behind the starter being hooked together and nothing else sound right or should they go into the top bearing oil line? Thanks
    Rock
    Team Junk

No sparkling wiggles in here, only dump truck grinches.

"Screamin Heathen"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd assume that when rocks says priming he's talking about priming the bulb on the fuel line. There was so much fuel coming out of the bottom two cyl's with the plugs out that I can only assume the accelerator pump diaphragm is damaged. Rock, fire the engine with that little filter disconnected and see if it's pumping fuel out. There's your answer on that one. It's got to be that the more I think of it. I still question the assignment of the diagram we used and the actual engine we got. I think the diagram is assigned wrong since we don't have any of the extra ports.
    Sunsation 32 Dominator - 496 MAG HOs

Nothing runs like a Deere when a CAT's on it's ASS!