Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well got the floors fully done now. I put floatation foam in between each striger before I glassed down the floor. I have since flipped the boat and worked on the bottom. Layed down one layer of cloth down and glassed it in due to a poor repir from a previous owner. Got that all done and started sanding and filling other sections. For a first time build not to bad and going pretty smothly. Just layed down a gel coat on the bottom and tomorrow will finish it up with a final coat before sanding and buffing. After that its final sand and paint I hope..

Need to thanks all for the help sp far. I am sure I will have more questions when it comes to rigging it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i would put a 60 hp evinrude or omc some of these were 2 cylinders weight the same as a 50 hp twin nice project i just finished one 13ft delta 60 hp merc.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 012.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	93.0 KB 
ID:	216164

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    As its upside down now... I would for SURE, think about grinding down the center rib a bit, azz end, good 4 feet, get flat, add a "8" pad..and add side "strakes..,. glass it all in..good hull, but can be improved. Side strakes for stable going to plane, azz end up, pad to run on...or looking at "chine walking" ..just a thought..
    Last edited by Robby321; 09-06-2010 at 03:06 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well i scored today!!! Kinda lol.. Was messing around on craigslist and found a 60hp Evinrude for sale. Didnt have pics but stated it was a short shaft. Got ahold of the guy and he stated it was for sure a 15" shaft. He said the motor has been sitting for about 2 years off the boat in a garage. He wanted $500 for it. Didnt want to spend that much yet but didnt want to mss out of a deal too. Set up a meeting and headed down. Soon as I got there and saw it I noticed it wasnt a short shaft however.... Definitly was a 20" shatf and the numbers on the motor proved it. Besides that the motor was in great condition for a 1981.. Told the guy that It wasnt what I was looking for and was heading out. He made the comment of make an offer and I said $100.00 is all I would do.. He accepted and I now have a 60hp 20" shaft evinrude. Built a quick stand for it. Filled a tub of water and added fuel.. Cranked over for a bit then purred like a kitten.. Dont think I could ever get a deal like this again..

Now heres the question. If I find a short shaft (mainly the exhaust housing) can I convert this to short shaft??

The bottom of the boat is all done and fully gel coated. I have heard of people modding the bottom but not for me at this time.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you could run the 20'' shaft motor just need to raise it up so that the cavitation plate is level with the bottom of boat. i'm running a 20'' shaft on my delta.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 010.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	99.9 KB 
ID:	216348

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gw invader

Grew up with one of these,and have had 3 of them and still got one i just finished last year.Dont know the year but must be 1972 or older,no serial #?. Any way your center keel is one i have not seen before,all mine had a 6 in wide pad from front to rear.I just sold the 1990 evin 40hp 20 in new rebuilt,with t-n-t as could not find anyone to buy it for 3500.00.Never listed it on S&F though.All totally redone with new floor,carpet,gauges,rotary steering,paint.Im almost 50yrs old at 190 lbs and my girlfriend is 125 lbs.With a 15p alum omc prop tucked in we could get on plane in a snap doing a 45 degree turn from a dead idle.Its how you get the setup right.T-n-t is worth gold on these boats as well as dole fins are too,they will just keep porposing if you cant adjust the motor angle.Would still do over 40mph with both of us.Will list my boat for sale here without power shortly.Hope this helps.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

10 ft gw invader

Heres some pics of mine.Anybody interested with no power fully rigged for OMC with trailer for 1000.00 have more than 1500.00 into it plus my work,just getting to old for these small boats LOL. Steel it from me before the chiroquackter gets me money.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails summer 368.jpg   summer 365.jpg   summer 369.jpg   summer 363.jpg   summer 370.jpg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I hung the rude off the back. By the looks of it I can get almost 3 inches higher just by the mounting bolts. Then with a small jack plate I can get the rest. Will I have any issues with the motor being up higher? Will it cause any weird issues at higher speeds with stability?? Also where is there a good place to get a manual jack plate or am I better off building one?? Thanks again

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just glass in a transom higher plate made wood. Then get some aluminum plate, (any good machine shop, can do it)..big azz end cover the motor mounts/transom, lipped, and a second piece, lipped, fit in the wetwall..don't just jack it up, without a solid clamp surface, transom. ..and NO, height should be zero prob, powerhead up there..but thats IF, you will stick to 20 inch mids, and way more to chose from though, than SS smaller HP moters. I'm not sure what a set back, up would do though...(damn..don't get me thinking here!...I got enough trouble setting up right my (avatar) 135HP, 15 foot, flat bottom..and yep, (Racervboat)...lets not think the "back", anymore! I'm 60, and swear, I go out a touch under 6 feet me, normal, slam a good unseen wake at speed...come back, 5 foot 6...need major "couch time". to expand again! Yet dumb enough to go out and do it again!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i would start with the cavitation plate level with the bottom of boat. then raise if needed one hole at a time on engine bracket you may want to space transom up like guy on last post. dont no if i would go with jack plate extra weight. i'd look for a power trim instead. should fly with that 60hp on it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would get as high as I could with the holes already there. Run it and if you have issues I would buy the cheapest thinnest manual jack plate out there. I understand you dont want to put big $ into a GW Invader but they sure as hell are fun little boats. I only had a 15" merc 4 cylinder 35 HP on mine and got 38 out of it. Also mine had the pad instead of the keel yours has. I wonder why?
    TJ309
    Older 17 foot Laser / 2.5L Merc 245 Racer
    1993 Speedster 13 / 2019 Merc 60 play boat
    2020 Lowe 24' Pontoon boat / 250hp Merc. 51mph!
    72 Hydrodyne bubbledeck undergoing keel up restoration
    2 Jetski's

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stvhelm View Post
    i have one of those if your interested. $250 no papers. needs work. just hull nothing else. I was gonna put a shorty 3cyl merc 70 on it. we found something else so it just sits here doing nothing.

Still available? pictures?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I went with the suggestions and will be using the 20" shaft 60hp Evinrude. Built a Jack Plate to raise the cavitation plate to the bottom of the hull. How it sits right now is the highest it can go until or if I make more holes. For right now I think it should be fine. It put the motor 5 inches backwards and max height is about 6.5 inches.

Ordered a Teleflex cable steering kit and hope to get that all in soon. After that get a set of controls and try to get her wet before it really gets cold out. Then tear it down in the winter for paint..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool project.

I drove my first invader last weekend on a 30 mile river run. It was a blast, I got 47 out of it with a 45 merc.
    Chet Olson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well a bunch of things came up and the GW got put on the back burner for a bit.. I got a chance to run it with some borrowed controls and prop and it was what I expected for the first time out.. The prop was a 4 blade 14P prop and some sort of composite plastic so I wasnt expecting speed at all. Just wanted to try it. I am happy with how it went with the little bit of running I did. It got the fire going again so I built a Fuel and battery tray and mounted it in the nose for the extra weight. Got a set of controls coming in from e-bay and plan on finishing running the battery cables and hooking everything up..

Heres my question now.... What prop to run?? I am hereing alot about 2 blade props. I had a hard time finding a prop because I am told I have a small gearcase lower.. I know its 13 spline but not sure what dia to run and pitch..

Model number E60ELCIH

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast