Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey guys thanks for all the info . Wasn't considering making it into a twin I like the single look in the back . I was looking at the Mercury 200xs for the repower but obviously thats not enough hp by what I have read here . Do I have to worry about a weight problem from the 3.0l motors ? Keep the good info coming .

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will get shot down for sayin this ,what about a new 250sho Yammie 4 stroke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    200XS,250XS,and 300XS all weigh 507 lb.
    why ask me ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i agree 300x 15" mid

21 Tuff, Mercury 300X

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Pitt View Post
    i agree 300x 15" mid

i want that super.................... ..make it to the party.........
    TRANSPORT SERVICE...UP TO 36 FEET....YOUR TRAILER OR MINE... FULLY INSURED...............
    DOT & CDL COMPLIANT $500,000.00 CARGO & 1 MILLION LIABILITY.

LIVE LIFE ON THE EDGE, LESS CROWED BETTER VIEW
    ...............2022 3500 HD SILVERADO DUALLY 6.6 TURBO. 8 FT BED...LETS PULL IT.................

http://www.frankmoletransport.com/

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have 21 skater and I am debating also about putting twins on it. It would be safer by taking the single out of the tunnel, it takes a lot more abuse not to mention the increase in the possibility of a direct hit, likely to take out your steering. Your in big trouble then. So I would also like to know what is involved with the conversion. Thanks, Carl

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tux974 View Post
    Rob, My guess the transom are all the same except for the additional knees. Easy enough to find out by a phone call Nothing a good glass guy can not make happen anyway I will let you know exactly what is needed very soon

reinforce transom, fill old holes from motor and old rigging holes, add knees, another set of gauges, steering, 2 motors, props- your right it is just a phone call away with a really big limit on your credit card

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very good info, the only thing I like to add from experience DO NOT run a CLE if you plan on running over 80
    Why?? I run twin CLE's at 120+

19' STV euro
    24' Baja 232
    22' Talon with 670hp sold
    22' Baja Hammer sold
    25' Talon sold
    19' euroski sold
    22' Talon sold
    21' skater sold
    21' cougar MTR sold
    21' talon sold

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobF View Post
    reinforce transom, fill old holes from motor and old rigging holes, add knees, another set of gauges, steering, 2 motors, props- your right it is just a phone call away with a really big limit on your credit card
    Rob, We can sure make a big deal of it but you have plenty of holes in a single with some common sense to install twin gauges. Only install necessary one's. Tach, water press. water temp maybe volts and fuel, most holes are there already. Rigging holes: Fill in only if you can not work with what is there already. Most single have twin rigging hoses I use one for each motor. Steering lines are there just need to reroute. Fill in a few mountings holes in the transom not a big deal in my opinion. I'm sure there is a few small items that will need to be done but that is part of the conversion.
    ~~I feel a little sarcasm in the response about the phone call thing also, what I meant about that was to call Peter and confirm exactly what was needed in the transom, not that a phone call would make the change happen. I think the most important thing is getting the proper support to the transom, but IMPO it is achievable.
    PS, They said it could not be done with the Howard with good common sense and planning we did it. For the dash we just added one hole for an extra volt gauge.
    Sure we can make a big deal!!
    BTW, I hate CC's Love cash though. If you were not planning on spending money do not own a HP boat, better yet do not own a boat period!!

Quote Originally Posted by lowlifeAE21 View Post
    Why?? I run twin CLE's at 120+

Brad, The statement you quoted me on was for a single application.
    Sure CLE's will work on twins but my preference would be Sporties. A Sporty is a much stronger case especially around the skeg area. Actually the CLE maybe 1 or 2 faster but not worth the risk. Once again this is ONLY IMPO. I will say this, never run a CLE on a single. I have owned 2 21's and both broke CLE skegs, not a good feeling losing control or rolling the boat.
    PS, The single thing be totally different on the Talon because you have a little tunnel protection with the center sponson.

Tony

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tony, misunderstood your first post and I agree with you!
    19' STV euro
    24' Baja 232
    22' Talon with 670hp sold
    22' Baja Hammer sold
    25' Talon sold
    19' euroski sold
    22' Talon sold
    21' skater sold
    21' cougar MTR sold
    21' talon sold

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stokernick View Post
    200XS,250XS,and 300XS all weigh 507 lb.
    Nick,

the 200xs doenst weigh 507lbs. It's a fairly light engine because it's a 2.5 ...
    http://www.geocities.com/fletcher_arrowbeau

Fletcher 17F6
    Hydrostream HST 20F

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rob, We can sure make a big deal of it but
    ~~I feel a little sarcasm in the response about the phone call thing also, what I meant about that was to call Peter and confirm exactly what was needed in the transom, not that a phone call would make the change happen.

Tony
    I was not intending sarcasm, but people throw around the idea to put twins like it is a one day thing. Skater only uses ply where the motor mounts, they were built on such a small scale I dont know if he would just build the transom for both because he did not put the knees in for either set up, and yes a phone call to Peter and he probably remembers what he had for breakfast the day he built the boat.

It turns what might be a kick around simple boat into a much larger and more expensive project. Did not mean you have to fill in every old hole but it is ANOTHER set of gauges, steering, rigging, etc.

I have only seen a twin 21 for a very brief moment, what is done to the deck for the twins? The single has the splashwell in the center, what is the twin set up like? Same I guess?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobF View Post
    I was not intending sarcasm, but people throw around the idea to put twins like it is a one day thing. Skater only uses ply where the motor mounts, they were built on such a small scale I dont know if he would just build the transom for both because he did not put the knees in for either set up, and yes a phone call to Peter and he probably remembers what he had for breakfast the day he built the boat.

It turns what might be a kick around simple boat into a much larger and more expensive project. Did not mean you have to fill in every old hole but it is ANOTHER set of gauges, steering, rigging, etc.

I have only seen a twin 21 for a very brief moment, what is done to the deck for the twins? The single has the splashwell in the center, what is the twin set up like? Same I guess?
    I will not get into rigging because IMPO is a very small issue and very easy to take care of and if someone is worried about a couple of gauges and some steering components you should not even think about.

For the important issue is the transom, that is something That I will confirm and will be speaking with Peter about in the next coming week because I'm looking to build one personally.
    I think the boat you might have seen is Mario's at IPM. I have not only seen that boat a dozen times but have been in it doing a Hottody run to the Hampton Grill. All I want to say is thanks God we broken a prop shaft!!
    BTW, The singles came with 3 knees and twins some came with 4 and some with 5. They maybe very well some more to it but I will confirm all this info with Peter this week coming!
    I do remember very clearly him telling me he only build the transom one way. Once again this will need to be confirmed. I have been called crazy before.

IMPO, Running the speeds they are running today with a single (X) is crazy. Just my 2 cents.

PS, This something that I would only have a top notch glass guy handle when and if it came down to it.

Tony

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The early ones, (mines #2) had the 5 knees, either 89' or for sure 90', they switched to 4 but, if your converting your only choice is to add the out side ones, here's a pic off mine
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	001.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	99.7 KB 
ID:	213179

is gone

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboy View Post
    Nick,

the 200xs doenst weigh 507lbs. It's a fairly light engine because it's a 2.5 ...
    depends on which 200XS you're talking about cuz the Pro XS is 3 liter and 507 lb.
    why ask me ?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast