Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1989 starcraft eagle? Same as lasers?

Hi guys, I just bought a 1989 19 ft. starcraft eagle. Seems to be the same as the lasers. Any idea how these go? I need to do some transom work to it, has some flex any ideas for that? Thanks

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im not sure if they are the same as the laser hulls, but im sure someone here will know. but i know id like to see some pictures, ive liked these hulls since i 1st saw one!

there used to be a starcraft eagle right down the lake from us. ive been in it and driven it numerous times-- it handles, drives and rides great and the boat was pretty darn fast, esp since it only had an old xp150 johnson on the back of it!! OH, and the boat was BEAUTIFUL, i can still remember the silver metalflake gleaming on it!

as for the transom, id start a thread in the fiberglass and composites section, im sure you will get a BUNCH of ways to fix it-

-- what ya gonna use to power it? got any pics?? good luck with it!! oh, and let me know if you want to sell it, like if the transom thing turns out to be more work then ya want. im looking to find another project boat!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey,

I saw one of these in Walker, MN 5-6 years ago. I was amazed when I looked at it and thought he same thing. Looked like a direct knockoff with different interior. I drove it. Had a 150 Yammy. Ran just like I thought it would. Of course I was going to put a 2.5 on it. The dealer wanted a little to much for it, so I let it go by. Call Starcraft and ask one of the old timers.

4. Likes Laseraddict liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Starcraft Eagle is a copy of a Laser. If it is an EXACT copy I'm not sure, but it is very close. The Eagle was built by Roy Fulton, Jr. at Performance Boats out of Mississippi. Roy won several of the marathon runs they used to do on the Mississippi River. The last one he won in a Performance Eagle. Performance Boats sold their molds to Starcraft in the late 80s and Starcraft built them for a few years before falling by the wayside. We used to be a dealer for Performance Boats and had a chance to buy one of the "competition" Eagles from them but didn't. Add that to my list of "If I had known". They did run very well and we had no major issues while we sold them. There was also a bass boat version called the Stalker which had the same hull and ran well for what it was.

6. Thanks Laseraddict thanked for this post
    Likes Laseraddict liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Starcraft eagle pictures

Here are the pics. Looks like a Laser from the back, interior looks the same. These pics were taken with my cell, I will try to get better ones.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails eagle.jpg   eagle 4.jpg   eagle 2.jpg   eagle 3.jpg  

8. Likes Laseraddict liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that is a 380 ray for sure. I had not heard of starcraft making these boats.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At the time Laser was dominating the marathon circuit with the 380 the folks at Performance boats of Greenville Miss saw that they were simply out gunned by Laser and copied the 380 (as mentioned by Mr Hardin above). I had a 380 Laser (in my avatar) wich served me well in sprint racing and raced against Roy Fulton jr before we rerigged it for marathon racing. In one pertickular race in Greenville i knew i had the field covered in speed so i was just loafing around the outside of the coarse letting Roy have the inside with his relitively mild motor. Pulling ahead was not a problem and did several times but this did have an efect on my concintration so i did not see that big roller sitting in the middle of turn one just waiting on me. Well i hit the thing and the boat hooked left and right into the side of Roys Eagle taking out the whole side of his boat and sending it to the bottom of Lake Furguson. My boat suffered only a hole the size of a canalope in the left front sectin of the bow. Of coarse i felt bad about the sinking but was glad Roy was ok. Funny thing was that there was two Laser factory reps there waiting on me at my trailor and grabbed my hand and shook it. They were all smiles and even saw to it that the repair on my boat was done for free at Laser.

Maybe i didn`t like them copping the 380 but i raced against Roy for many years and always liked him.

db

11. Likes Laseraddict liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So these "copies" most likely were not as strong?- Are they capable of high speeds like the "real" laser?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So these "copies" most likely were not as strong?- Are they capable of high speeds like the "real" laser?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having come from Hydrostreams I am always amazed at how much rough water the 380 will take. I have no doubt that the hull would have been good at enduro type racing. Does anyone still have these molds?

15. Likes Laseraddict liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is a copy of the original brochure flyer and the results from the 1985 Marathon race.

17. Thanks rgsauger thanked for this post
    Likes rgsauger, Laseraddict liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow great information, thanks for posting this. I am guessing "performance eagle" sold these molds to starcraft in 1989... Seems like a solid boat. Once I get my 200 merc back together it should push this pretty well.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad i found this site, i'm in the process of looking at one as well. the guy says it is a 1988 starcraft eagle, but has a newer 200hp v6 merc on it "or at least he thought it was a newer motor" also needing a lower unit. the guy said it was "custom ordered" for cypress garden park in florida for there ski team back then. he said it would do 97mph radar with 2 people. he is wanting 3500.00 for it. the interior needs some work too. the boat looks fast,lol.. what would have been custom about it? i do know it has a built in ski pole..etc..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ski 1.jpg 
Views:	264 
Size:	6.2 KB 
ID:	217062Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ski 2.jpg 
Views:	305 
Size:	8.3 KB 
ID:	217061

pics of the eagle

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what did you pay for yours? how much wood is in this boat? places to look for rot..etc?

22. Likes Laseraddict liked this post
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast