Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anybody have any experence on mallory marine omc pulse packs ??

Need one for my 91 OMC looper and they have good prices and a 2 year warranty.
    Also what if anything will remove the potting silicone from the old pack without destroying the case or components. I'm good at electronics and relize that there is only about $5-10 of parts that would bring the old pack back to life if they can be gotten to.

Thanks
    jon b

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by baddjonny View Post
    Need one for my 91 OMC looper and they have good prices and a 2 year warranty.
    Also what if anything will remove the potting silicone from the old pack without destroying the case or components. I'm good at electronics and relize that there is only about $5-10 of parts that would bring the old pack back to life if they can be gotten to.

Thanks
    jon b
    i just bought a new omc one and tried to get into the old one with a wire wheel didnt work out to well and made a big ass mess

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just made a deal with a guy from ebay he blew up his 91 200xp so he's parting it out I offered him $130 for the stator and power pack and he took it soo next week hopefully I'll have the parts and spark in all 6 cyl. the timer base worries me though as it had black plastic oozing and the bench ohm test should show 1-2 meg ohms my meter shows infinite but I was getting a good blue spark on 2 cylinders on on each bank #'s 4,5