User Tag List

Page 10 of 57 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey Rich who told you about that Jackplate

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    As to the cu.in. argument, that's about ignorant. Doesn't Merc make a 3.2 ? Go get it. How many decades have they had a 3.0? Where are they? A 2.5 gets beat by a 3.0 OMC and it's about cu.in. ?? Bring your freagin 3.0 and shut up already! Oh wait, my friend Harry is the only one (other than Lake Trash) with the stones to invest the time and money to figure out something new (3.0 based Merc) instead of opening a box from Merc racing.

As to price of new "race" motors, I just bought some parts off a X SST 120 racer who told me the new classs "legal" XS 200 motor is $25K! also said when it first competed w/the ancieint 2.0 120 motors it wasn't even close until Merc Racing "tuned" up the XS motor. I think it's awesome the Merc is even doing this but undertand, it ain't a fish powerhead. But wait, if the E-Tec guys at Blarney do anything with their motors that's cheating

As to Bush, I've heard and seen some people promise to spend what ever they had to beat him but ain't seen it yet We all know the rule changes are already coming for him. Why do you think he dropped the idea of the new boat so he could come in at weight???? If he's already the baddest of the bad AND his boats a pig what do you think would happen at weight and for how long? As to the nitrous and jumping classes, last I talked to Dave he was just experimenting to see if he could even get his motor to run on it but was never designed for it.

I especially like the guys saying, "there's nothing OMC left on the fast OMC's". Really? Let's unscrew all the "non" Merc crap off your motors and see whats left I'm talking "stock" too not even the top level "race" motors. Go to ByYouBoys.com and see how many guys have already switched to white power. Ask Nick (raptor) how much he's spent on black motors in the last 5 yrs and why his bran new motor is white. Oh yeah, and then challenge his pig motor to a race with your mighty black motor.

To the Yami 250HO fans that figure the 4 stroke "has arrived", I agree 100% that is by far the best we've seen so far and am anxious to see some real world results (where are they?) but until it runs w/a well tuned 2 stroke they ain't there yet. If we apply the cu.in. rant, what are those motors, 4.5 liters I want to see one on a set of scales too. Love hearing, "look who dominates Moto Cross now" blah, blah, blah. You mean like they did in F-1 bike racing too. You know when they brought in the 4 strokes against the 2 strokes. You're all smart guys so I'm sure when making those statements you know that the 4 strokes "dominating Motor Cross" are 450cc's racing 250cc 2 strokes w/no more factory involvment/support right? And that in F-1 bikes they ran 990cc 4 strokes bikes against 500cc 2 strokes right? Yeah I'd be bragging about that.
    Normally don't even post on this crap after 10 yrs of fighting the fight w/ignorant people.
    Last edited by Instigator; 06-13-2010 at 07:10 AM.
    I'd rather be competitive w/junk I built in my garage than win w/stuff I bought.

I refuse to allow common sense to interfere w/my boat buying decisions.

Checkmate 16' 140 Johnson
    Hydrostream 17' Vector FrankenRude I
    Laser 480 (?) 21' w/GT 200
    Glastron Carlson Conquest w/XP 2.6
    Glastron Carlson CVX 20 w/XP 2.6
    24' Sonic w/twin 250 Johnsons
    24' Sonic w/twin 250 HO Johnsons
    19' STV River Rocket w/FrankenRude II
    Allison XR 2002 w/Frankenrude II
    Hydrostream 18' V-King w/Frankenrude II

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Go E-TEC!!! Super sweet rig!!
    I have a boat or two.... that I never get to drive

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No dog in the fight, but this sounds alot like the BS that we Fox-body Mustangs dealt with. Everyone and their brother would show up with a hot 350 in a Camaro or a 383/400 in an S10 or S10 Blazer. As long as you only had a 302 (5.0) all was well. But when you show up with a Windsor of any shape, size, or color they would yell "FOUL! That aint what that car came with, you didn't say that you were gonna have a big cube motor" and then want to run you with a BBC of some unknown cubes! When you are the underdog and try to match the playing field and beat them at their own game...THATS CHEATING!
    Mr.Rude has a little Johnson!

Disclaimer: The thoughts and opinions of this member do not always represent those of this forum or those of its members! In the event that your opinions differ from those I have stated, always assume you are wrong and correct your thought process accordingly!

81' Shadow 21 2.5L 200hp Mariner In Resto! (expecting twins)
    91' Stratos 274 F/S 150hp Johnson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No dog in this fight either but how do you figure 3.4 liters to 2.5 an even playing field. Thats a 36% difference in displacement. That would be like running your 302 against a 408 or a 408 against a 555 cu in motor. Like I've said previously in this thread, I applaud you guys and Bombardier for what ya'll are doing to keep this hobby going but let's take a step back to earth. It's not an apples to apples comparison
    Erik Kiser

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Then run a 3.0 or 3.2 Merc and see what it can do. It is the merc boys that need to step up to the plate, not the Evinrude boys that need to step down.......
    In reference to the Hydrostream Power Tour:

Quote Originally Posted by Scream And Fly View Post
    This is seriously one of the best threads on this site ever.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll run any Etec that wants to run with my current rig. Just don't complain when I smoke it cause my rig is lighter. LOL
    Erik Kiser

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Flowmax i think Glen Reynolds took it down in ECDBA Race,correct me if i am wrong...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would love to run a "WHITE" big block on my allison drag but the only thing that would be factory would be the block and the crank. I love the way they sound and the pure power is awsome. And for those of you that have never seen the show that DSRA calls "OUTLAW" yall are missing out. We are talking about big block MERC's and WHITE MOTORS on the lightest of lite weight boats with some really wild fuel in the tank. A 2.5 liter based motor is still undefeated in this class but I think it is only a matter of time until it is beat. Harry's "blue boat" made some impressive passes in Thomasville once he got the trim lined out. And its a 3.0 based motor on race gas. It would be awsome for some of you blarney racers to come down and race the world finals in Gulfport. Nick K and one other guy made the trip last year but had some problems. There was a 40k purse and I would be interested as to how we would stack up against yall. The e-tec is cool as hell and keep up the good work. We will all have big blocks one day and Gallen,Monty,and Bush will all be millionairs.
    who knew a lil ol fishin motor could run like that

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by patchesII View Post
    I'll run any Etec that wants to run with my current rig. Just don't complain when I smoke it cause my rig is lighter. LOL
    If you got a stock 260 or 280 you are toast.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allison8503 View Post
    I would love to run a "WHITE" big block on my allison drag but the only thing that would be factory would be the block and the crank. I love the way they sound and the pure power is awsome. And for those of you that have never seen the show that DSRA calls "OUTLAW" yall are missing out. We are talking about big block MERC's and WHITE MOTORS on the lightest of lite weight boats with some really wild fuel in the tank. A 2.5 liter based motor is still undefeated in this class but I think it is only a matter of time until it is beat. Harry's "blue boat" made some impressive passes in Thomasville once he got the trim lined out. And its a 3.0 based motor on race gas. It would be awsome for some of you blarney racers to come down and race the world finals in Gulfport. Nick K and one other guy made the trip last year but had some problems. There was a 40k purse and I would be interested as to how we would stack up against yall. The e-tec is cool as hell and keep up the good work. We will all have big blocks one day and Gallen,Monty,and Bush will all be millionairs.
    Very cool and that is how it should be. Thank you.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by racerx View Post
    Flowmax i think Glen Reynolds took it down in ECDBA Race,correct me if i am wrong...
    As I previously stated, Many props to Mr. Reynolds for moving forward. Also, If harry is the guy running a 3.0, many props to him also. That is one sweet rig.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FlowMaxx View Post
    No,its possable,its all in set up.And i want to see some one else run an E-tech(STOCK)as they say,and have nothing to do with Brett.THEY will be Disapointed.Now modded they have something. CHEATERS
    95 Allison XR2001
    00 Regal 2660 t/ 4.3
    02 quicksilver 15 merc

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FlowMaxx View Post
    I don't think Rich Latter and his 260 was toast last Thursday was he? I think one of the biggest issues is people expecting too much from the E-Tec and talking it up too much. It's great what Brett is doing and it's great that there is factory support (as little as there is). But realistically, there's a lot of work to do to get an E-Tec to run with a stout 2.5 drag motor. It's in a highly developmental prototype phase still. Let's give it time, watch it get faster and hope to God BRP sells it to the public.
    Last edited by Sam Baker; 06-16-2010 at 08:57 AM.
    Sam Baker
    On to the next project....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the Shocker View Post
    No,its possable,its all in set up.And i want to see some one else run an E-tech(STOCK)as they say,and have nothing to do with Brett.THEY will be Disapointed.Now modded they have something. CHEATERS

stock 260/280 vs. 250HO i would put money on that race for the ETEC. I don't know what moded sh!it your talkin about there slick. To make that 260 have any ass what so ever you have to chissel a couple pounds of block out of the exhaust chamber. As for the 280 your looking at a complete electronic swap. So tinker with a few things to get a couple of extra rpm is far from modded.

Lets not forget, the ETEC is not race based. THese motors are engineered to be efficient and reliabale for years and years. I would like to see a 260/280/300 merc with 500+hrs no rebuild/refresh. Oh, you do have one? your full of sh!t...

Basically, BRP has a motor they market more towards the Sportsman and recreational side of the boating world. It has low enough compression to run 87octane which all horsepower/torque number were based off of. Along with being built to last retarded amount of hours. Ask mercury to put up a motor that runs on 87 and will last 500+hours and they will show up with an early 2000's model 225efi fishing motor...haha...

Moral of the story is, the ETEC is already competing with Merc 260/280's at what i would call a fishing motor status. If BRP was to tighten the heads alittle, lighten the rotating, and up the limiter then that 300 drag would have a big run for the money. ETEC=torque, Mercury racing=rpm... Which would you rather, I'll take the torque and wait for you on the other end.

Page 10 of 57 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast