Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some of the great people I have met

One of the best parts about being a hot boat owner is the people I have met when hanging out at the sandbar. Everyone comes up and asks q's or tells you about the boat that they used to own. But the best is when I'm asked ..who are you on S&F?. Met some really great people!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I met this prick with a red vector one time...
    13' Biel tunnel AKA "Flight Risk"
    13" Modified Yamaha V4 - 101 mph

21' Paramount
    Mercury 300 Promax

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lmfao!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Demeanor View Post
    I met this prick with a red vector one time...
    You guys are nuts..I can't stop laughing at that comeback!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robby321 View Post
    You guys are nuts..I can't stop laughing at that comeback!
    Thats Awsome, the ball bustin that goes on around here is great Hangin out at the Islands and sand bars you never know who you'll meet or what kind stories you'll hear but its never dull, thats for sure! my girlfriend thinks I know everyone who stops to BS about boats, she asks who was that?, you guys were talking like you were old friends, no, just met actually is my usual reply along with "it's a Boat thing, you wouldn't understand"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chris, that was funny!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Just bustin your ballz.

Ricks a great guy. He and his nephew helped me out with installing my new jackplate. His Hydrosream is pretty sweet as well.
    Rick, if your up this way, give me shout. We'll get Craig and grab food/drinks. I need to get out of this house!
    13' Biel tunnel AKA "Flight Risk"
    13" Modified Yamaha V4 - 101 mph

21' Paramount
    Mercury 300 Promax

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I gotta admit, I think my next move, as been retired since 94, be 60, next Sunday, TORE up Blarneys Island, back in the 70's, Illinois, moved west coast now Puget Sound, 16 years, own 4 boats and 5 bikes, 2 more years, SS dough kicks in, sell out ALL the toys, start fresh! Screw rainy Washington, super summers. BUT the the other 8 suk. Got friends, Cocoa Beach, Leesburg, Ft. Myers..(old GF there, R/E agent), and Pensacola. Been riding Harleys 51 years, and I CANNOT stand the "new wannabee's"..the old real riders, like me are getting old, and the new breed taking over? I see a new Harley, and "squeaky leathers?"

Dude, my old leather has 250,000 on it! NEEDS RAIN AT 80 MPH TO BREAK IN, on month long CC rides!
    That said, old boaters, will ALWAYS BE "boaters", seems to me. See a "performance boater" once, and its in the blood forever. No "posers", as riding a store bought Harley, new "squeaky clean leathers", stupid "Do-Rag", covering yer bald head, and "looking cool"! Get a real life.....build the SOB, like I did my old Sporty Dragbike, a "frameup"

That said, shove yer butt in a WAY over-powered boat, ride the SOB THROUGH the 70's.80's "chine walk, sawing the wheel", and ya know when set it right, ???.."gotta kiss 100mph", ..and trust me, if yer boat only does less than 70, ya REALLY need to explore the "far side, when stuff gets instant, and VERY INTERESTING", and a HELLOFA LOTTA FUN!

That said, I'll have to guess not move to Englewood..as heard there's some prick in a red Vector?...(I been laughing ALL DAY, that response!)
    Heres a pic my first boat, about 1955, my dads "dingy".. to get to the big..(HA! 17 foot old wood "cruiser"), and my older brother raced a 20H Merc, on a "Baby Switzer", and was my next ride, Next pic was my 13 ALLY, then got into the big stuff, 17SS Switzer, XS1500...thats was back a LONG time ago, and I aint looked back yet! Except at Red Vectors, in the rear view mirror, off the Flat Bottom monster I ride now...+...(just kidding...Attachment 209065Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Allison.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	31.1 KB 
ID:	209066Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Switzercraft and crazy Jimmy (Jimmy).jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	54.3 KB 
ID:	209067Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Switzercraft at 73 MPH.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	26.5 KB 
ID:	209068

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the serious side of this thread I must say the greatest people I have met are Tom & Gina Foley, they always know how to make people feel welcome when they are in their area at the Suwannee, the bonfires and cook outs get better every time. Thanks Tom & Gina. Mike Mullins @ Mirage Boats has been great also, Jay Smith@ JSRE (never met him in person but he has been a great help) and all the people on Smith Bend & The Suwannee.

Come to think of it every one I have met with a performance boat has been great with the exception a few pricks that I have learned to over look!
    Smith Bend Senior Citizen & proud of it.
    88 Cobra Stick steer boat, 88 50 hp Merc Sold
    94 Mirage River Rocket (completely re built by Mirage in 08) 96 JSRE 260 Merc. Sold
    2012 Glasstream Flats Flite 90 hp Optimax piece of CRAP Bad Mistake! Thank God It's Gone!
    1991 20 CC Bullet 2.5 Merc
    2021 Mirage Flyn Fliver 25 hp Merc
    The road to life is long & rocky so remember you gonna need to take plenty of beer!