Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a TBSS too, but will not be towing my 30' Scarab with it this year... tons of power but the suspension???? I think the tow rating is 4500lbs without a weight distribution hitch!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink Towing

I towed a 25' Seebold Eagle (about 6500# towing wt.) for years with a Toyota 4cyl 4wd truck, 1986 EFI model. No problems but I always drove way ahead because the boat weighed more than the truck, so an emergency could have had catastrophic results. And I kept the trailer brakes maintained and working. But I wouldn't recommend it. We got away with more when we were young and dumb!
    18 Talon/2.4 carb SOLD
    26 Deck Boat/250 Merc

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Used my SS to haul 3 different boats out of storage and out to the lake this past weekend, 2 of ours and one for a friend. All pretty light, heaviest being our 99 Epic 22 weighing in around 4100lbs with trailer, but the SS makes short work compared to our 02 TB I6.

I wouldnt worry about the air suspension, I havent heard of people overloading the air springs. Just them dry rotting after a few years, great. I have heard people towing 8-10k with a TBSS, not that Id ever do it but it can be done. Thats a safety nightmare in my book.

Drug our 21ft Scarab 1 back from Coeur d'Alene, ID yesterday, the SS towed like a dream with cruise set at 70mph the whole way. 60mph up the Vantage hill with the A/C on, no overheating. For the NW guys, you know what I mean, and I havent had a chance to throw a trans cooler on the SS yet. Was logging with EFILive, trans temps stayed under 205F.
    ~Erik~
    Boats:
    1987 Wellcraft Scarab 1 - 03 Merc Opti 250XS + 12" jackplate
    1999 Toyota Epic 22 w/Lexus VT300i 4.0L V8 aka 1UZ-FE
    Tow Rigs:
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4
    2008 Chevy TrailBlazer SS AWD

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2