User Tag List

Page 9 of 62 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 59 ... LastLast
    Silverton section of Toms River, NJ/Stuart, Florida
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I was very impressed the way your boat runs when I was along side of you in that rain storm at the romp. Mine just porposied and you ran nice and level. I gotta loose some setback this winter.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VELOCITY 3.6GT View Post
    Thanks Jim, I will try to get the pictures and post them. I used to have a 3.6gt on this boat that I had raised up one hole and that mid section was also a 20 inch. When I had the proxb 250 on it I had it up one hole and the guy who rebuilt it blamed me for running it too high and that is why it blew up, so I had this one mounted flat on the back to avoid any problems. I do have a water pressure gauge so I believe keeping an eye on that would be sufficient. Realistically what would be a good number that I would expect to see out of this boat? I would like to see 80 but I am realistic and don't have a whole lot of extra cash for jack plates and so on. I believe it is running a solid 75+ right now but then again I don't want to wind up Mikelarge without confirmed gps numbers. I saw 82 on my water pick up speedo in ideal chop . I am also pretty certain that I have a kevlar layup. I will try and run the boat tomorrow but I am guessing the holiday weekend boat traffic will make it difficult to get a good number with the 27 trophy. Thanks again. Jim any chance my boat is your old boat?
    I'm going away on Tuesday so may not be on here too much for about a week after that. I'll bring my laptop but have to find a hook up when I can so you may not hear from me to quick. I would say if you mount that as high as it will go on that transom you should be fine and see an immediate improvement. Just keep an eye on your pressure gauge. If pressure is a little low you can close up the top 1/2 of your water pickup inlets on the sides of gearcase, this gives you the ability to go higher.
    As far as yours being my old boat. One of my best friends has my old boat. If you have any questions give me a call on my cell 845-641-3322.

Jim

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the encouragement guys. I did try the 27 trophy today and it brought my rpm's down to 5700. When I got home I raised it almost all the way up so I will try that hopefully this week. I do need some plugs for the prop to block out the holes and by raisinging it I hope to get the rest of the rpm's out of it. The water was very smooth so the hull just would not free up to my liking but it did show 79mph. My friend came over and helped me raise it and he seems to think I will be able to raise it all the way so a few tests will be in order . I'll keepyou posted. Thanks again guys.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Velocity3.6gt- I will confirm your boat runs 74-75 because I have run with you at those speeds. If you have any interest i have 2 items from my new boat that you could really use in yours. I have a 4 inch hydralic jack plate, and I also have a 3 3/8 size 90 mph gaffrig gps speedo that I have to put up for sale. Your boat should run as fast as mine if not faster with the power and gear ratio that you have. Prop, engine height, and setback is where you will find all of your speed. With the hydralic jack plate you can really dial it in, I jack mine till I see 7-8 psi of water pressure and that is when i see my 84 mph. There is a fine line between blowout and optimal speed, if you find that line then your set pretty nice!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by modvp View Post
    Mikey, how deep below the pad do you run with your 28?
    The only part of my gearcase below the pad is my skeg!

Silverton section of Toms River, NJ/Stuart, Florida
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeylarge View Post
    The only part of my gearcase below the pad is my skeg!
    Me too.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's gonna need low water pickups to get the heights we run. With low water pickups the 4" lift wont be enough if he wants to mount engine with 4 bolts on top. I would want at least 6" of lift if not 8. I have the 6" Stainless Marine Gorilla jack which is a 6" lift but starts out with at 2" lift in the down position so you get a total of 8. That one is a 5" setback which I like on the Velocity. Not too much for rough water handling. I have had 8", 5" & 4". The 8" was too flighty in the rough 4" & 5" both seemed real good to me.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks again guys but I am definately not trying to catch you guys . Your boats freakin run! I would just be happy with 80 or as close to it as I can get. My wife is gonna have a baby within the next couple of weeks so testing is few and far between and money will be a little tight but it is time to dial it in a little. It still is the family boat and gets loaded with camping gear to the point that it really looks like a low rider and won't go over 65 when loaded,also it has to run in rough water thanks to all the boats on Lake George anymore. The bullet part of the lower was way below the bottom the way it ws mounted. now it is about even. I had raised it about an inch and a half and there is roughly only another half inch to go before there is no more adjustment left. Water pressure was in the 15-18 lb range while running and 4-5 at idle. Vnemous nice shot!! Mike let me know what you want for the gps I might be interested. I definatelly need solid base line numbers. Thanks again guys.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Velocity3.6.... I sent you a pm about that gps

If anyone is interested I just posted my velocity up for sale, I am keeping my motor. The new boat is almost back in my hands. It is currently at Robf's shop getting some holes filled before I rig it, so its time to cut the velocity loose..
    Picture from yesterday hanging it at 82 fll of fuel

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mikey, what are you getting to replace the velocity?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will post pics when its done, give me a couple weeks. If you guys thought the velocity was nice, wait till I am done with this one!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mike I will pass on the gps I think I am going to do the hand held type for now. Post the Velocity on here and you will sell it. My guess is tunnel of some sort or something with twins or both...... Guess we'll see soon. Are you sure your not gonna miss the "Pringles boat"? Now we wait.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still soing to be a single outboard v bottom, except new boat is even lighter... and has full interior

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey 3.6

You going to Al Pines' Hudson River get together this weekend? I'm going just Saturday and to hang out for a while Sat night. Here is the link.
    http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...iver-Run/page9
    Let me know.
    Jim

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeylarge View Post
    I will post pics when its done, give me a couple weeks. If you guys thought the velocity was nice, wait till I am done with this one!
    Traitor !!!!! LOL!!!!

Good luck with the new rig!!

2001 Velocity 220 - 300
    xs by
    DBR - Sold
    2001 Motion 25, 03-250
    xs's

Page 9 of 62 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 59 ... LastLast