Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Motor height with Laser2

Hi I'm writing from Italy! Sorry for my bad English!

I have a V-Hull 18ft with 115hp Optimax, SeaStar pro steering, Hydraulic Jackplate CMC. The fuel tank is in the back of the boat.

Set up is 7.5" of Set back, max propshaft height at 2.5" below V bottom, (but soon i would to try to go up another hole to arrive at 1.5" approximately).

No with a 4 blade ballistic 13 3/4x23 (modified for offshore 3c class) I arrived to 60 mph (GPS) @ 6000 rpm (propshaft at 2.5 below V bottom) but sound the rev limiter. I need nore pitch, especially if I want to lift the engine another hole.

The ballistic 4 blade like run hight without slip but i need more pitch, what another prop i have to try with this set up?

Next week I have the opportunity to try a Laser2 13.5x24, this propeller likes the same propshaft height of my Ballistic o i have to go down with the jackplate? What is the correct height for a Laser2?

You think I can do better than 60 mph?

I have try chopper 14x24 and cleaver 14.5x26 and 14 3/4 x29 but I have too few HP to make them fit.

Thank's!!!!!!

Last edited by kronoz; 05-06-2010 at 04:51 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Lazer does not run well surfaced. It was designed for the Alpha Stern drive. It does not have much blade area or cupping so it will slip alot when raised up. Keep it buried and it will run good. My guess is start at 2.5 and you may need to go down another 1/2". What you really need is a 24 Trophy Plus. That prop can be ran even with the pad and still lift depending on the hull design and weight. With your set up a Trophy will run good at 2" below.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Wizard! How are you?? I hope everything is going well!!!

I have to call my dealer to ask how much cost the Trophy, I expected the Laser don't work well surfaced.

But with the same pitch the Trophy develops the same rpm of a normal 3 blade? For exaple, if i runs 5700 rpm with Laser 24, with a trophy 24 I have the same rpm (5700)?

If I go up one hole (about 0,75 inch), how many rpm gain?
    Last edited by kronoz; 05-06-2010 at 07:31 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a laser 2 on a vee hull. I would trim until it would air out and by that time prop would be breaking loose. Id have to trim down till i felt it bite again.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dont waste your time with the Laser.. Better stay 4 blades like Trophy but watch your water pressure.. Welcome JP
    Go boating,be happy!! And wear safety vest please!! And lesson good music...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2c5oHITTI8c