Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

xb2002 set up

whats the best prop i can run and motor height for 225 promax with a cle low water pick up

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to Scream and Fly! I'd be kind of careful running a CLE on a XB2002. With your motor with the right prop, you will run rite at 100mph...Bad thing is the CLE is only good for about 94-mph! You can have a nose cone installed...I'd recoment a Titus cone...and it'll get you over a hundred. Start a even with the pad and "cheat" up a very small amount..1/8"...at a time. Need approx. 9"-10" of set-back, and run a E.T. style prop. Hope that helps some.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info. I have a 24 p big ear chopper on it now and I think big ear is throwing the boat to one side. If u don't mind me asking. The cle is good for 94 mph. Is it because of hooking to the right or blowing out. It has a low water pick up on it now but don't know the name brand. I heard a allison cut hoss 27 p prop what I need to run I don't know

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First the CLE will blow out and then the boat will hook. If your boat is "being thrown" to the left on accelleration it's probably motor torque and you may be trimmed down too far. If your boat is falling off to the right you may be trimming too high.
    Quartermaster
    XB2002 W/S3000

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the site. Hoss props run GREAT on Allisons. With that combo, you should be around 100 and it will take a pretty big prop to get there with a stock rev limiter. The advice you got above is good tho, be careful of that gear case. If you haven't done so yet, sign up for the forums over at allisonowners.com. Lots of good people on that board who all either do or have owned allisons.
    99 XB2003, 2.5 280 - SOLD
    91 Hydrostream Voyager, 225 PM - SOLD

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thank all of yaw for taking time to tell me about gear case .i have allready hooked it a little thats way i came on here ask ? its not fun running one way then u feel the back end of the boot come up and here we go .i think yaw one more time and a nice bunch of guys.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing to keep in mind, CLE cases arn't terrable gear cases they just don't work well on Allisons. If you can find you a big bearing 200 housing, you can install all the guts from the CLE in it and have a good nose cone installed,(I'd recomend either JC's Titus, or talk to Lee Sanderson about doing it) then sell the CLE housing for a good $$$. That way you won't have to worry about the gear case blowing-out! Just a thought...
    Last edited by Corona Mike; 05-05-2010 at 05:51 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    225 pro max with stock rev, you would have to run 30+ pitch prop to get to 100, and it still would be hard with 1.87 gears. I would sell the CLE (they tear up to easy) and find a good SM or TM case. I have a SM with the JC extended nose cone with 1.75 gears for sale, that is made for a Allison. We always like the 28 chopper cut to a ET by JC. we ran a 2000 xb2002 with a 1999 225 pro max for 10 years at first most we could get out of it was 92 running 28 cut ET then we swapped the gears to 1.75 and it would run 96 ( we did get 101 with a 31 hoss prop with this set-up) and after tweaking the motor some more ( Sending box off and moving the rev to 7400 and putting 145 compression to it) we got 105 with a 28 chopper cut ET.