Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have not read this entire thread but what I have read at the beginning you seemed to get a lot of encouragment from the members and good feedback, This is a performance site, not JUST outboards but all performance. We answer what we can and try to help out as best we can, like someone else stated you don't alway's get an immediate response......I'm not too far from you if you need some help on a few things, from the looks of it you've done a nice job with it. Good luck and keep your chin up kid !

Chris
    God, Country, and Fast Boats
    SPECIAL BOAT TEAM 12/ HSB'S SOC NSWU-1

Live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. And when your time comes to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with fear of death, so that they weep and pray for more time that they may live there life over in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a Hero going home.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gregpro50 View Post
    I work on both outboards and sterndrives. People here have helped me with both.

Maybe people don't want to help you because you come across as a punk assnapkin.

Take a look at all the support you got before your attitude went south. You went from a guy I would like to have a beer with and talk boats to a guy I would like to kick in the nuts.
    HAHAHA man you should go into the greeting card business.....you crack me up......
    God, Country, and Fast Boats
    SPECIAL BOAT TEAM 12/ HSB'S SOC NSWU-1

Live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. And when your time comes to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with fear of death, so that they weep and pray for more time that they may live there life over in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a Hero going home.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MercNuts View Post
    I seriously doubt that you whining about signature size had anything to do with the members here changing their habits. As to you briinging up with OSO them changing their descriptions to fit your preference I am laughing my ass off over that one. Let us know how that goes for you. I am begining to wonder if somehow your mother gave you a dilusion that you are special and the world should bow to your wishes.
    Are you joking? Do you even remember how big the sig images were of some users here? I made a big stink about it, **** got changed. The end.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Wow.....for once, I'm actually at a loss for words. Where to start? Hmmmmmmm.......

You came here seeking advice and input. Input that provided you with some insight and direction for the most part. But by your recent responses, I'd say you feel that it was too little, too slow, and apparently off topic because you don't have an outboard. Suck it up buttercup! Welcome to being an adult and not getting your own way. I'm still working on this concept with my 7 yr old and, thus far, she seems to have a better grasp on it than you do presently.

And as far as the sig pictures thing, if I remember right, I was one of the guys that you were complaining about. Again, suck it up! I've been here 7 years, been contributing for over 3, and have never met anyone in that time that stomped and cried like you over the size of a picture on the internet....the mentality to conjure such an argument eludes me....I apologize. I've met some of the most generous and knowledgable people here that can be found anywhere, and most will contribute graciously regardless of brand loyalty, motor type, or bank account size.

Its a shame to see all the great progress on your ride followed by all the grade school, pot-stirring crap.
    1976 Hydrostream Viper - 2.5 EFI
    Resto Thread Here
    2010 Go-Pro Stuff

"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." -G. K. Chesterton

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cash68 View Post
    I made a big stink about it, **** got changed. The end.
    So basically if you see something you don't like you whine about it until it gets changed? I'm trying to figure out if this makes sense or not. On one hand I contemplate that if I employed this approach myself I figure that I would alienate myself from the community because I would come across as a jerk and no one would want to even talk to me let alone actually take the time to try and help me. However, on the other hand my 4 year old certainly seems to think that approach is the way to go. I guess I'm torn here.

By the way I just noticed how damn big Sonik's signature is and you are right. I can see how that could ruin someone's life. And to think all my years of participation here could have been made more enjoyable if he didn't have that goddam signature.

For the love of God this thread is getting me all upset. Here I am trying to reason with an idiot while I am busy trying to sandblast a picture of a penis to the bottom of my intake. Well... back to work.
    '72 Glastron GT-150 Johnson Stinger 65
    '83 Hydrostream Varmint 2.4 225 Mercury
    '05 Hydrostream Voyager 250xs optimax

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gregpro50 View Post
    So basically if you see something you don't like you whine about it until it gets changed?
    Squeaky wheel gets the grease. It worked.

By the way I just noticed how damn big Sonik's signature is and you are right. I can see how that could ruin someone's life. And to think all my years of participation here could have been made more enjoyable if he didn't have that goddam signature.
    His old signature was much bigger. And there was another guy who had a sig image that was AT LEAST 800x600, which made scrolling through threads about 2-3 longer than it should be.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just so you know you may have got some help if you posted a thread in the Jet Boats and V-Drives section as they use the same motor cooling setup as an I/O

When I first came to S&F I was 15 and posted alot of dumb questions but they have always been good at helping me out.

Thanks to everyone thats helped me.

Sweet boat but you really suck...

Thanks, Jesse
    I WANNA GO FAST

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lets cut the Newbie some Slack

Damm and I was just liking my new signature
    Last edited by Brabender; 06-22-2011 at 08:56 PM.
    Formula 260ss 496HO

Bender Clan Member

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right, but this forum caters to ONE type of drive, yet it states that it encompasses all types.

OK, Here`s what youi have not figured out. Many guy`s on here have knowlege on stern drives but own outboards, Myself included. I could have answered your questions and was going to but then you became a butt! I don`t like that. I frequent this site and the By-U-Boyz for pleasure not DRAMA!
    I`m glad you found friends at OSO.

DB

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I race offshore boats with BBCs in them...and own ONE (count em...ONE) outboard boat. My dads business is custom building I/os.....i like it here..as far as I know nobody here wants me gone(i think..)....seems to be one problem here...YOU
    Johnny Saris
    Driver-441 32 Cobra
    Saris Racing Engines
    World and National Champions
    www.facebook.com/TeamSaris

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh and he also must think that noone here is on oso AND Snf....
    Johnny Saris
    Driver-441 32 Cobra
    Saris Racing Engines
    World and National Champions
    www.facebook.com/TeamSaris

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Curious, What outdrive is that? I may have missed some markings but is that an 888 or an early Alpha 1 ?
    Mirage Jaguar RiverRacer
    Polaris PRO785
    Bennington 255LCC

Scream & Fly Flying Machine of the Month:
    September 2005

http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...ild&highlight=

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's an 888, which is called a Pre-Alpha, I think.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So photobucket really ****ed this build thread up; I rebuilt it on IMGUR, here is a link in case anyone wanted to see it:

https://imgur.com/a/qXQGw

Also: LOL at all the people butthurt over gigantic signatures; this forum used to be SO HARD TO READ, glad they got rid of them it's so much better now.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice

Amazing amount of work there. Looks great, best of luck with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cash68 View Post
    So photobucket really ****ed this build thread up; I rebuilt it on IMGUR, here is a link in case anyone wanted to see it:

https://imgur.com/a/qXQGw

Also: LOL at all the people butthurt over gigantic signatures; this forum used to be SO HARD TO READ, glad they got rid of them it's so much better now.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast