User Tag List

Page 9 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Time to call on our opponants of the early days to stand and up and be counted, Where's that would be cherokee, Johnathan Sanders, and the legend called Jimbo McConnell, The old man of the circuit , Ron Hill, Wasn't there a chap called BRIGGS or something like that who used to perform quite well on a good day, Jenkins just upped and hibernated, so it's no good appealing to what he never had [ a sense of humour], Molly is just content to wander round Como living on memories. Tipedeux, and i know i didn't spell it right only speaks through his son these days----get your arse down to Jupiter and mix it with the"old uns".
    You might even try and convince me the "DAMN ROTARY was a half decent piece of kit--but don't bet the farm on it. Would welcome any one or all of you with open arms---this meeting has bugger all to do with Mercury or OMC.---it's about lifelong friends who together made powerboating history, that S&F keeps alive through old farts like you and me, so come on down to Jupiter-------------ALL of you------------after all we have one thing in common-------we love Boat racing.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone remember Johnny Nagler from Miami(Bertram broker)
    "Just a monkey pushin a stick"

www.missgeicoracing.com

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackie wilson View Post
    that would not be "the" doc magoon would it' you know ---the original ???
    The ORIGINAL. From the 'good old days'. I am trying to get him to Jupiter----

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottb View Post
    Anyone remember Johnny Nagler from Miami(Bertram broker)
    His wife Annie, who skiied at the Gardens with Dave Craig, has been my customer for a few years..She is in her mid eightys, and drives a 73 Porsche 911T..Sad family history though..Very sweet lady..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You still working on Porsches Butch? You have a different shop somewhere, different than the old one that faced I-95?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some things from the past...

Well first off this is the best dang thread on this site if you ask me!!!! I guess I am just a black(or any color merc used) motor fan and old. I got the following things a while ago and well I am sure some one on here sold them to me, but if not I think it will bring back some memories. Any info on the deck of cards would be great.
    I wish I could be down in fla and just listen all weekend !!!!!!!!! Well I just wanted to say thanks to all of you guys !!!!!!

By wildwil at 2010-09-14

Here is the other side of the post card

By WildWil at 2010-09-14

Now this is a deck of cards with the following on it "Mercury Safety Squadron" and Kiekhaefer Mercury.

By wildwil at 2010-09-14
    Click pic to enlarge
    By
    wildwil at 2009-07-27

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FUJIMO View Post
    You still working on Porsches Butch? You have a different shop somewhere, different than the old one that faced I-95?
    My nephew took over my shop..I help him out some..it's across from Monza.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackie wilson View Post
    Time to call on our opponants of the early days to stand and up and be counted, Where's that would be cherokee, Johnathan Sanders, and the legend called Jimbo McConnell, The old man of the circuit , Ron Hill, Wasn't there a chap called BRIGGS or something like that who used to perform quite well on a good day, Jenkins just upped and hibernated, so it's no good appealing to what he never had [ a sense of humour], Molly is just content to wander round Como living on memories. Tipedeux, and i know i didn't spell it right only speaks through his son these days----get your arse down to Jupiter and mix it with the"old uns".
    You might even try and convince me the "DAMN ROTARY was a half decent piece of kit--but don't bet the farm on it. Would welcome any one or all of you with open arms---this meeting has bugger all to do with Mercury or OMC.---it's about lifelong friends who together made powerboating history, that S&F keeps alive through old farts like you and me, so come on down to Jupiter-------------ALL of you------------after all we have one thing in common-------we love Boat racing.
    Very well put, Jackie! The idea of the "Old Farts Forever" Reunion, is to do with getting not only "Factory Outboards Tunnel Hull Racers, but "racing boat enthusiusts", from all kinds of classes, big & small. The videos we at GoSee.TV/boatracing have posted like "Title Drive" (1969 Havasu WOC) & "Grand Slam" (1972 Havasu WOC), are OMC Promotional videos. So are "Record Breakers" (131 mph in '66) & "Assault on the Record" (186 mph in '86). What I have been doing is trying to encourage OMC drivers like Johnny Sanders, Jimbo McConnell, Alan Yaw, Tommy Posse, Bob Witt, Hauenstein's, Ron Hill, Jim Hurtubise, & the "cast of characters" goes on & on, to attend OFF2010 on the 2nd weekend in October in Jupiter, Florida. (Oct. 7-8-9-10)
    Last edited by mark benson; 09-15-2010 at 12:31 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ER-MARK_________----------- it's actually the 2nd week in October-----------would hate to see all those lost souls wandering round florida on the wrong weekend-----------I think it's the 8th -----9th--------10th !!!!!!!!!! Hells teeth----i've been told enough times!!!!Are you sure your a historian Mark.??????

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Friday Oct 8th is the 32nd anniversary of Ken Warby's World record run, what better way to celebrate than @ OFF with the rest of the greats of boat racing. Everyone knows Ken has gone over 300mph in a boat many times, but did you all know he's done it on land as well?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jet-Cars.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	103.7 KB 
ID:	216942
    Last edited by Scottb; 09-15-2010 at 09:22 AM.
    "Just a monkey pushin a stick"

www.missgeicoracing.com

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    C'mon Scott---give me a break----that bloody old Holden he's got won't do 300 miles per month let alone per hour.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jackie,
    Don't worry,my pommie mate,I traded the Holden for a Ford truck a long time ago.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Jet-Truck.jpg  
    Ken W

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ken - I think you should bring your new boat and let Jackie take a stab at your record at Cadillac's place

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jackie, "Lead Foot" Wilson, would be the last guy, that I would "Let Drive" Ken Warby's next, " World Water Speed Record Boat " at "Cadillac's!" Don't you remember what happened at the Havasu World Outboard Championships in the early '70's, when Jackie Wilson was, "Coming to America", to show us all, "How it is done!" I'm a "Canadian", so I'm staying out of this one.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As usual Mark-----Foots in mouth before brain in gear !!!!!!!--- Only one guy ever drove Warby's rig and that was the man himself and the ONLY one to "SHOW YOU ALL HOW IT IS DONE" and did it so bloody well that 40 years on and nobody even looks like getting near it.
    Havasu in 1970 was the culmination of a dream after admiring the American way of boating for most of my early life, nobody in their right mind would try to show the colonials "HOW IT WAS DONE" and i certainly was not capable of doing it.
    In 1978 i went to Parker and showed them -----HOW I DID IT---with a modicum of success, which is far removed from--------"COMING TO AMERICA".
    If your going to quote Mark---get it right !!!!!!!!

Page 9 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast