User Tag List

Page 7 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scotty,
    When did Steve get Knighted ??????
    To my knowlege,he only has an M.B.E. from "Lizzy",just like me. M.B.E.= "Many Bloody Efforts". Does,nt quallify for "Sir"......Unless the rules have changed???
    His is an M.B.E as well, I thought it came with the "Sir". My mistake, Anyhow, you both "Sirs" in my book lol. Looking foward to seeing you and Barbara
    "Just a monkey pushin a stick"

www.missgeicoracing.com

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Terry Rinker

Got word yesterday that Terry Rinker and his incredibly successful F1/F2 team will attend OFF2010 and run the boat at Cadillac's place. Bring your cameras. You will see boats running that span a history of 50 years. The tempo is picking up. Also, what a great opportunity to congratulate Ken Warby on the 32nd annivesary of his World Waterspeed Record of 317+. See you there - Steve

Here's Terry

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jack Is Back

Despite the fact that one of my favorite boat racers is not compatible with the new S&F format, and he has not yet been able to duplicate the photo posting expertise of Gene Lanham, he is compatible with OFF2010. I have received information through family channels that the amazing Jackie Wilson will again grace us with his presence. I haven't heard yet, but I hope the lovely Jill will accompany him to keep him out of trouble. I also hope that Mark and Craig will be there as well. - Steve Sirois

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottb View Post
    Mr Warby, your a god!!!Just confirmed one of the Spirit of Qatar Boats will be on display at Abacoa and Sir Steve Curtis is 90%sure he will be here
    Scotty,

I saw Laura on 95 today in the Geico truck, been a while since I have seen her, maybe I'll bring my boat up for something?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dang, this is going to be a SPECIAL OCCASION. Wanted to come this year but going to be in California on the same dates.
    Hope there is a next year. Have a fun safe time and do it again next year. Look forward to lots of pictures/movies.
    Backfire, Tracy Coleman '69 Havasu film

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dave Craig

I just talked at length with Dave Craig. He told me he will be at OFF2010 on Friday.

Dave at Offshore Legends 2008

Many will remember seeing Dave fly past you like this in Gold Coast Marathon

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Skpi Gillam

Cadillac talked with Skip Gillam this morning. Skip will be at OFF2010 with his Speed Skiff and his 7 Liter Hydro. Skip and Esther are two of the most energetic people I have ever met and it was wonderful to have them at OFF2009. This whole thing is getting even better that we could ever have anticipated. I will repeat something I said last year....We are incredibly excited about the boats coming, but it is the people that is the focus and the best part of the whole thing. So, do not miss this wonderful opportunity, get yourselves to OFF2010 - Steve Sirois

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doug Janisch

I just talked to Alice Janisch. Doug, Alice and Son Jeff will be at OFF2010. Things just keep getting better. - Steve Sirois

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mike Ramsey

I talked with Mike Ramsey today. He and Teigie will definitely be there and Curtis and Marguerite Johnson will be riding with them.
    Last edited by seeroy; 09-13-2010 at 06:01 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had a great talk with Bob Switzer the other day. He probably is 50-50 on whether he will be able to attend OFF this year,,,, A big part of it was he simply could not top the incredible party of last year,,,,, After explaining that we have put this program on steroids,,,,, To which he responded with have Seeroy send me the info............ Will cross my fingers as the Switzer brohters are truly ICONS
    Something I never realized is the original wood wing the venerable U-4 was built in 7 days preceeding the Winnebagoland marathon.... at the time powered by twin 80 HP Mercs
    The original wing was only 15 feet long................. Hope someone has a photo as we think it was in the early "50's

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gofish7070 View Post
    Had a great talk with Bob Switzer the other day. He probably is 50-50 on whether he will be able to attend OFF this year,,,, A big part of it was he simply could not top the incredible party of last year,,,,, After explaining that we have put this program on steroids,,,,, To which he responded with have Seeroy send me the info............ Will cross my fingers as the Switzer brohters are truly ICONS
    Something I never realized is the original wood wing the venerable U-4 was built in 7 days preceeding the Winnebagoland marathon.... at the time powered by twin 80 HP Mercs
    The original wing was only 15 feet long................. Hope someone has a photo as we think it was in the early "50's

Based on the notes that Bob has posted the wing section was 15 feet on U-4 the LOA was 18 feet. U-4 later became the plug for the 18 foot fibreglass version.
    20 Foot Switzer Wing 2 X S3000 (Dust'n the Wind II)
    !6 foot Wood Eltro Vee (2X Merc 1500's) (Dust'n the Wind IV)
    15 foot Powercat 15C (2 X Merc 1500) (Dust'n the Wind III)
    (Single engine boats are lacking something)
    15’ Wooden Switzer Shooting Star...
    16 foot Lee Craft Merc S 3000-(Gold Dust II)
    (The exception proves the rule)
    Obsolete and Proud of it

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems to me the whole world and his damn Granny are going to be around Jupiter and surrounding areas on or about the 8th---10th October, so i might just as well string along and see you old farts behave in a correct and law abiding fashion. Will be without the lovely Jilly, so wives and girl friends keep your knicker lastic tight for the weekend, 'cos there's a Wilson about, and he's on his own. !!!!!!!!!!!!!! With Seebold to keep him company and create a little mayhem here and there.
    Incidentally Stevo i bet you a pound to a pinch of POO-POO, The original Switzer wing was LATE!!!!!! 50'S.
    James Beard and Clive Curtis did a copy of the first one they ever saw, Called it "VOLARE" and raced it offshore, when i mentioned this i was threatened with dire concequences and told it was an original design, just seemed a little funny they were both at Havasu in November and the boat came out the end of January the following year. Might just ask Stevie Curtis [MBE, which incidentally stands for "MY BLOODY EFFORT" ] what he remembers about it all, though he was just a slip of a lad in 1970.
    Just do love to stir the pot occasionally .

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Juat when I thought my life was getting uncomplicated,,,,,,,,,,,,, Jackie is back on the board,,,,,, My whiskey bill will go up as its necessary to navigate his posts.. Missed you buddie...........

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hiya Jim, Could be back with a vengeance, NO JILLY ???? She decided to stay home due to an unhealthy bank balance, decided to send me off without my credit cards, so if you see me walking down the street singing my heart out with an outstretched cap protruding forward --be kind and chuck a couple of $$'s in the pot. Have a CC7 for me. J.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Huh?

OK jackie, now you got me wondering what the heck I said about when 1st Switzer Wing was built. Whenever someone as illustrious as you challenges something that I MIGHT have said I have to search my gray matter to see if something is still rattling around in there. NOPE! I don't see anything. I don't how much a pound of POO POO is worth in pounds, but I reckon it's not much, therefore I will cede the bet to you and buy you a very cheap drink next month. Definitely Looking Forward To It! - Stevo

BTW, I stopped into Jack Stuteville's shop this morning to prod him some. He wasn't there so I couldn't tell him that you would buy him a cheap drink next month. Hopefully he makes it.

Another BTW...I understand Sir Steve Curtis will be there. so we can ask him in person.
    Last edited by seeroy; 09-13-2010 at 01:01 PM.

Page 7 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast