User Tag List

Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click Here for a couple of models of # 998 Bill Sirois' Havasu Outboard World Championship winning boats of 1970 & 1971 from the collection of Travis "Skeeter" Martin from Houston,Texas. You can see we had Mercury Super BP Stackers in 1970 & Mercury Twisters in 1971.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OFF2010 Update as of 9 June 10

Once again…..NOTE NEW DATES ARE 7-10 OCT 2010

Who….?
    All types of boat racers and/or anyone remotely associated, to include families. Those who just want to meet and greet some of the legends of boat racing are also welcome. We could not possibly send out personal invitations to everyone. Since we do not have, and do not intend to have, a budget, we will count on forums and word of mouth from you to non-interneters, to spread the word.

What…?
    “Old Farts Forever”, OFF2010 in Abacoa/Jupiter Florida, 7-10 October 2010. This is a gathering of old boat racers and their associates from “Back In The Day” to socialize and have a little fun. All events will be very informal. There are no registration fees and no fees to attend any of the scheduled events. All costs (lodging, food, drinks, entertainment, golf, fishing, etc.) will be the responsibility of each individual. This simple and informal concept has allowed OFF to go ON, regardless of the economy.

When…? Where…?

Thursday, 7 October 2010 – Time TBD-until, Earlybird at Sugarcane Bistro, 353 US Highway One, Jupiter, Florida. Cash bar and food.
    <O</O

<O</O
    Friday, 8 October 2010 – Time TBD, Open House at Geico Race Shop, Bldg A, 7555 Garden Road, Riviera Beach Florida.<O</O

Friday, 8 October 2010 – Time TBD -until at JJ Muggs Stadium Grill, 1203 Town Center Drive, Jupiter Florida. Cash bar and food. Boats on display in the street and in the park across the street.

Saturday 9 October 2010 Time TBD, “Run What You Brung At Cadillac’s
    Place”, 8625 SW Kanner Hwy, Indiantown, FL 34956.Standard wet pit rules apply.

Saturday 9 October 2010 – Time TBD-until at Brix Italian Fishery, 1000 North US Hwy 1, Jupiter Florida. Cash bar and food.

<O</OSunday 10 October 2010 – Golf, Fishing, Shopping, whatever floats your boat.

Why…? Because!!!!

<O</O
    <O</O
    Hotel info forthcoming as soon as we finalize rates.

Contact… OFF2010@comcast.net

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Earl Bentz at OFF2010

Mike Mullins has done it again. He called me today to tell me he had talked to Earl Bentz and Earl will come to OFF2010. Mike commented that the "Factory Wars" were over a long time ago and it will be great to see old competitors shaking hands. I am in full agreement with him, BUT I am sure all will continue to tell lies about how fast they were going "Back in the Day". That's what all old boat racers did best...and we didn't have gps or any other "smart" devices to prove different..

We are only 3 months and 1 week away from OFF2010 and the planning process is picking up speed. We are on a plane and picking up lift! Event times are nearly finalized and we have 4 hotels that have offered us special rates. Cadillac is working on a couple more hotels near his place and is well along on planning for the "Get Wet" event at his place. I will issue a new update complete with event times and hotel info VERY SOON.

My greatest concern at this time is that someone might not have gotten the date change.
    Regardless of anything, anyone sees...The dates for OFF2010 are 7-10 Oct 2010
    Last edited by seeroy; 06-30-2010 at 12:58 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OFF2010 Update (AS OF 1 July 2010)

As promised, below you will find event locations, times and hotel information with links to their websites.

When…? Where…?

Thursday, 7 October 2010 – Time 5:00ishPM-until, Earlybird at Sugarcane Bistro, 353 US Highway One, Jupiter, Florida. Cash bar and food http://www.sugarcaneislandbistro.com/
    <O</O
    Friday, 8 October 2010 – Time 3:00PM, Open House at Geico Race Shop, Bldg A, 7555 Garden Road, Riviera Beach Florida. http://www.missgeicoracing.com/
    <O</O
    Friday, 8 October 2010 – Time 5:00ishPM-until at JJ Muggs Stadium Grill, 1203 Town Center Drive, Jupiter Florida. Cash bar and food. Boats on display in the street and in the park across the street.<O</O
    http://www.jjmuggsgrill.com/

Saturday 9 October 2010 – Time 9:00AM-5:00ishPM, “Run What You Brung At Cadillac’s Place”, 8625 SW Kanner Hwy, Indiantown, FL 34956.Standard wet pit rules apply
    <O</O
    <O</O
    Saturday 9 October 2010 – Time 6:00ishPM-until at Brix Italian Fishery, 1000 North US Hwy 1, Jupiter Florida. Cash bar and food.<O</O
    <O</O

Sunday 10 October 2010 – Golf, Fishing, Shopping, whatever floats your boat
    <O</O<O</O
    Please e-mail us at OFF2010@comcast.net if you plan to bring a boat and would like to display it at JJ Muggs Friday evening, and/or display/run it at Cadillac’s on Saturday. Eventually, we will respond with parking instructions, name and cell phone number for your arrival.

<OOFF2010 Hotels<O</O
    <O</O

La Quinta Inns <O</O
    34 Fishermans Wharf<O</O
    Jupiter Fl.33477<O</O
    Phone 561-575-7201<O</O
    Mention OFF for rate of $59.00 <O</O
    http://www.lq.com/lq/properties/propertyProfile.do?ident=LQ6109&propId=6109<O</O
    <O</O

Doubletree Hotel <O</O
    4431 PGA Blvd<O</O
    Palm Beach Gardens, Fl, 33410<O</O
    Phone 561-622-2260<O</O
    Mention OFF for rate of $79.00 <O</O
    http://doubletree1.hilton.com/en_US/dt/hotel/PBIMPDT-Doubletree-Hotel-Executive-Meeting-Center-Palm-Beach-Gardens-Florida/index.do
    <O</O
    <O</O
    Jupiter Waterfront Inn <O</O
    18903 SE Federal Highway<O</O
    Jupiter Fl. 33469<O</O
    Phone 561 747-9085 1-888-747-9085<O</O
    Mention OFF for rate of $89.00 with 10% discount for AARP or AAA members. <O</O
    http://www.jupiterwaterfrontinn.com/<O</O
    <O</O

Homewood Suites by Hilton<O</O
    4700 Donald Ross Road<O</O
    Palm Beach Gardens Fl. 33418<O</O
    Phone 561 622-7799<O</O
    Mention OFF for rate of $149.00 <O</O
    http://homewoodsuites1.hilton.com/en_US/hw/hotel/PBIHWHW-Homewood-Suites-by-Hilton-Palm-Beach-Gardens-Florida/index.do
    <O</O
    <O</O
    AND THEN THERE IS CADILLAC’S PLACE, If you have a home on wheels, or you just want to pitch a tent. You can contact Cadillac at phone (772)285-2266 or e-mail cadillacboats@me.com <O</O
    Last year Odell Lewis parked his motor home there and he plans on doing the same this year. Cadillac + Odell = Party. <O</O
    </O

Along the Illinois Waterway a little south of Joliet Illinois
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Another event Where a lot of OFF's come to.

In case anyone out there is interested, the Annual Switzercraft Regatta & Hot Boat Rally will be on Saturday July 17 at THE BIG BASIN MARINA in Channahon Illinois, Boats arrive at 10am, River run at Noon, then Lunch (just ordered 50 chickens and a beef tip the size of my V8), then some speed runs for the crowd.....
    Come on out and join us. Tom & April Arambasich
    1987 Switzer GL-21 OMC V8 Prototype/ Replaced by another V8
    1983 Switzer SS-20-C/Evinrude V6
    1983 Switzer SS-20-B under renovation
    1972 Switzer "Flatback Transom" Super Sport (in storage to be rebuilt at another time)
    Replica 1964 Switzer Playboy 1968 125hp Merc Short Shaft
    1977 Switzer Super Sport**sold** Reaquired on Sept.29,2016

Join us at The Switzer Regatta & Hot Boat Rally

https://www.facebook.com/switzer.craft.7

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another Blast from the Past - Name This Boat Racer

Another challenge to OFF's! Name this old boat racer from the past.

He succesfully raced inboards, hydros, offshore, etc.

I had a great meeting with him today in his shop and he plans to attend OFF2010 - Steve Sirois

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who it be?

does he talk real deep and with a cowboy drawl..?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is no way on God's earth that a man could have lived such a great life, been turned silver in the process, and have a smile that wide. Take away the fluff and the Cherokee head gear and i swear he has the features of J.S.
    NAH!!!!!! COULDN'T POSSIBLY BE!!!!!!!!!!! COULD IT?????????

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is no way on God's earth that a man could have lived such a great life, been turned silver in the process, and have a smile that wide. Take away the fluff and the Cherokee head gear and i swear he has the features of J.S.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackie wilson View Post
    Looks like it just might be him..wonder if he still has that Dino?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IF?????? that is the legend himself, tell him i will pay for a visit to the barbers shop [poor as i am] and it just goes to prove that Mercury drivers may not be as pretty as the OMC. guys-----------we just stayed a whole lot younger looking.!!!!!!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lilabner View Post
    Looks like it just might be him..wonder if he still has that Dino?
    Just tell me his DINO was not yellow, Giallo Fly i think was the Italian name for it. [after the town of Modena's charter colour]
    My mechanic Chas Shooter bought one in "75" so i bought one exactly the same.
    We thought those days would never end !!!!!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackie wilson View Post
    Just tell me his DINO was not yellow, Giallo Fly i think was the Italian name for it. [after the town of Modena's charter colour]
    My mechanic Chas Shooter bought one in "75" so i bought one exactly the same.
    We thought those days would never end !!!!!!!
    Too old to remember the color..I just remember he showed it to me at his and Bobby's shop in 74..He had just gotten back from Italy..Then he told me about a new dually at the Chevy dealer, which I had to buy the same day..Six years later and I had two 308's and a 250 PF Coupe to go along with my Carrera..But those days have ended..
    Last edited by lilabner; 07-15-2010 at 08:44 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Name this Mercury Master Mechanic

Another blast from the past that is still working in the Jacksonville area. I spent an hour today talking with this Mercury Master Mechanic. He trained at the Sarasota Mercury School in the mid 1950's time frame and was taught by Roy Ridgell. He fully intends to attend OFF2010. I will give two days for you to name him. If Mike Ramsey sees this, he will no doubt win this one. - Steve Sirois

Last edited by seeroy; 07-24-2010 at 10:33 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good morning Jim - Indeed you are correct. Curtis was a distinct pleasure to talk to and he specifically mentioned you during our conversation.

Best Regards - Steve
    Last edited by seeroy; 07-24-2010 at 10:34 AM.

Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast