User Tag List

Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seeroy View Post
    Good Day Rich - Actually the formula is pretty simple.

Big circle + positive G + kill the other guy before he kills you = GOOD

Tiny circle (i.e. spin on my own axis) + screaming kids = BAD

Never got motion sick in a boat or airplane. The closest I ever came was with Bob Magoon going around Long island. We popped a motor. I went below deck to radio into race control. Rocking motion + gas fumes = BAD
    How about an aerobatic pilot that gets very sick in an airplane. If I have not flown aerobatics for a while I get sick after just a few maneuvers.
    I have to do a few and land and do a few and land for a week or so before I can do akro for an extended time. I am so bad I even got sick in a military flight simulator! I do tend to do a lot of negative G stuff and that gets you ill quickly. I have done a ton of boating and not gotten sick very many times, but the airplanes do me in. Of course if you are very old, numb and almost brain dead, nothing affects you.
    Charlie

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by velox View Post
    How about an aerobatic pilot that gets very sick in an airplane. If I have not flown aerobatics for a while I get sick after just a few maneuvers.
    I have to do a few and land and do a few and land for a week or so before I can do akro for an extended time. I am so bad I even got sick in a military flight simulator! I do tend to do a lot of negative G stuff and that gets you ill quickly. I have done a ton of boating and not gotten sick very many times, but the airplanes do me in. Of course if you are very old, numb and almost brain dead, nothing affects you.
    Hey, welcome to the world of the old farts Charlie, been like that since 1982.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everyone stay tuned in to Seeroy this week=end for MAJOR announcement, I have been informe he has finally conqured the tea cups of Disneyworld (GO AIR FORCE)...
    Am in wild town of Fond du Lac across from Merc factory, They tell me they have recalled all of their laid off workers which is good for area,,,,,,,,,
    Am having lunch with John Bakos and Mel Riggs tomorrow and also spoke to Ken Warby last week and all said they are looking for the improved version of OFF

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OFF2010 Dates Changed!!!!

The new date for OFF2010 is 7-10 Oct 2010<O</O

Anytime you set a date for an event X months in advance you take the chance that something will preclude that decision. The OPA World Championship race date has changed to the weekend of 15-17 Oct. Since GEICO Racing will participate in that event, they would have had to greatly lessen their participation in OFF2010. Their Open House and participation in last year’s Abacoa event was outstanding, and we do not want to lose that.

Therefore, in order to keep the GEICO participation at the level that we all greatly appreciated last year, we have moved the dates for OFF2010 forward by one week. We hope that this change does not adversely affect you.

We are currently finalizing arrangements with the event locations and hotels. When those arrangements solidify, we will post them on the Forums.

Best Regards and We Will See You at OFF2010 – Cadillac, Jim, Steve
    Last edited by seeroy; 05-25-2010 at 06:45 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jim Emerson

I Talked to Jim Emerson today. Sounds like he will make it to OFF2010 - Seeroy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I Talked to Jim Emerson today. Sounds like he will make it to OFF2010 - Seeroy
    In that case, I will try and bring my son Darren...... He is crazy about Jim. Jim was the lead guy at Lake X on our 35' Jesse James Conquest project. His presence at races later in the truck and his kindness to my son makes him one of the "good guys" in my book. He's also Chuck Mersereau's cousin or nephew as I recall.

T2x
    20 Foot Switzer Wing 2 X S3000 (Dust'n the Wind II)
    !6 foot Wood Eltro Vee (2X Merc 1500's) (Dust'n the Wind IV)
    15 foot Powercat 15C (2 X Merc 1500) (Dust'n the Wind III)
    (Single engine boats are lacking something)
    15’ Wooden Switzer Shooting Star...
    16 foot Lee Craft Merc S 3000-(Gold Dust II)
    (The exception proves the rule)
    Obsolete and Proud of it

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rich I am looking forward to meeting Darren to discuss his speed record.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tom Posey & Mike Mullins

I just talked with Tom Posey. Good Lord willing and the creek don't rise, he will be at OFF2010.

Additionally, Mike Mullins has stepped into the fray and is pulling OMC guys out of the woods. So that everyone understands what we are striving for, I have included an excerpt that I sent to Mike earlier today.

“Good Morning Mike – As you know, we have worked hard to make this an all inclusive gathering. We were thrilled to have you and your OMC boat there last year. Because of the efforts of you and others, things are getting better every day. The possibility of having names like Sanders, Woods, and Posey at OFF2010, mixing with names like Seebold, Stickle, Wilson, and Serra is exactly what our desire has been from the very beginning.

Like I said before…Because of the efforts of folks like you, things are getting better every day. Thank You For Your Help And Best Regards – Steve Sirois”

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Johnnie Sanders

I just heard from Johnnie Sanders, and he definitely plans to attend OFF2010. Before this is over the OMC gang just might out number the Merc gang. I should not be allowed to have this much fun!!! - Steve Sirois

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steve- Ever since Johnnie Sanders made a donation for a GoSeeTV/Tunnel Boat Racing in the '70's DVD, there has been a renewed enthusiasm in him, as well as Tommy Posse I hear. That is just great! This is exactly what I hoped would happen. The OMC guys are an important part in the scheme of things in the History of Outboard Tunnel Hull Racing, as it takes "two to Tango!"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mark - You do know that eventually you too will cave in and head to Florida in October. - Steve

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mark benson View Post
    Steve- Ever since Johnnie Sanders made a donation for a GoSeeTV/Tunnel Boat Racing in the '70's DVD, there has been a renewed enthusiasm in him, as well as Tommy Posse I hear. That is just great! This is exactly what I hoped would happen. The OMC guys are an important part in the scheme of things in the History of Outboard Tunnel Hull Racing, as it takes "two to Tango!"
    Must remember to ask Johnny if i can have the next dance , Mark just loves anyone who pays him $50 , don't let him fool you Johnny.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jackie - Tom Posey told me he has shared a few drinks with you and is looking forward to a few more in October.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mark - You do know that eventually you too will cave in and head to Florida in October. - Steve
    Course he will--set him a stall where he can----sell his videos and meet all the old farts he keeps asking about. !!!!!! Promise him sunshine in october ----bet he don't get too much of that in Vancouver.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jackie - Tom Posey told me he has shared a few drinks with you and is looking forward to a few more in October.
    We have been known to frequent a few of the lesser known fun places in Gay Paree Hiya Tom look forward to seeing you again.

Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast