User Tag List

Page 1 of 42 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Old Farts Forever(OFF)2010

Well I guess now is as good a time as ever to start talking about it!!!
    OFF2010 is definitely on for 7-10 Oct 2010 in Jupiter Florida.
    If you were there last year, you will want to come back this year.
    If you were not there last year, you missed alot of fun.
    See OFF2009 thread at http://forums.screamandfly.com/forum...=183058&page=7
    Details will follow over the next few weeks, but the basics are:
    Early Bird party, GEICO race shop Open House, Abacoa street party, JJ Muggs OFF party, In water running at Cadillac's place, BRIX party, tribute to those no longer with us, and more.
    Once again, this event is open to anybody that at least knows how to spell "fast boat". You don't have to be a boat racing icon, but there will be many boat racing icons there.
    Put it on your calendar!!!!

We will see you there - Cadillac McDaniel, Jim Hauser, Steve Sirois
    Last edited by seeroy; 05-26-2010 at 10:29 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It's already on my Calendar......

I will definitely bring the wing....and my powercat goes in the glass shop in a few weeks.

T2x
    20 Foot Switzer Wing 2 X S3000 (Dust'n the Wind II)
    !6 foot Wood Eltro Vee (2X Merc 1500's) (Dust'n the Wind IV)
    15 foot Powercat 15C (2 X Merc 1500) (Dust'n the Wind III)
    (Single engine boats are lacking something)
    15’ Wooden Switzer Shooting Star...
    16 foot Lee Craft Merc S 3000-(Gold Dust II)
    (The exception proves the rule)
    Obsolete and Proud of it

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone that has never seen a Switzer Wing run, or that has seen one run, will want to see this. Hopeully Kenny Kitson will also bring his Havasu winning Wing, and we can see TWO of them running side by side. Bob and Dave Switzer will be standing on the sidelines watching...That is, unless we can convince them to ride with Rich and Kenny. We are also hoping Mike Mullins will bring his Evinrude powered Molinari, that Cesare Scotti won Havasu with. Can you imagine the historical aspect, and photos, of these 3 boats running together after 40 years?

[IMG]http://i40.tinypic.com/2eknf4o.jpg[/IMG
    Last edited by seeroy; 05-02-2010 at 01:24 PM.

4. Likes doc_texoma liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Video-1969 Havasu Outboard World Championships

# 33 Cesare Scotti driving a Molinari with dual Evinrude X-115's won the 1969 Havasu Outboard World Championship & # 119 Kenny Kitson driving a wing with dual Mercury 125 stackers won the 1968 Havasu Outboard World Championships. Both these boats can be seen in action in the VIDEO- 1969 Havasu Outboard World Championships Day 1 which I moved to page 1 of Outboard Racing History. Who owns wing # T-351 & what's it's history?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is Rich Luhrs. That boat will at OFF2010.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be there, at least for the street party, hopefully this time I dont drop so many beers

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “Old Farts Forever”
    OFF2010 in Jupiter Florida, 7-10 October 2010!!!!

If you did not attend OFF2009, you missed the event of a lifetime. Fortunately for you, we will do it again this year. Since things went so well last year, we will not reinvent the wheel. However, we will build on our experience and add some new events. We will definitely have a “get wet” event at Cadillac’s place.

Will you ever get the opportunity to shake hands and share lies with many of the true legends of boat racing, and yet be accepted as part of the family regardless of what you did or did not race, and regardless of your own level of success, and whether or not you yourself even raced.
    If you attend OFF2010…You will!!!

Here’s the skinny.

OFF2010 will start with an “Early Bird” event on Thursday, 7 Oct 2010. Site is yet to be determined. Last year we had a meeting of our operations group on Thursday evening that attracted about 20 other folks. We had so much fun that we decided to put on an actual event. This will be a very simple and informal event. I guess you could say we will just gather and tell lies.

On Friday, 8 Oct 2010, Geico racing has again invited us to their shop for an open house. If you have never been there, you will be amazed by their incredible machinery and wonderful hospitality. If you were there last year, you will be blown away by the changes.

On Friday afternoon/evening, 8 Oct 2010 we will celebrate Old “Fardi Gras” on the streets of Abacoa and at JJ Muggs. Lots of boats on display, lots of music, lots of people having too much fun!!! This year we will have the entire JJMuggs instead of just the upstairs. Once again all events will be very informal. There will definitely be a video presentation of all of the “Old Farts” and their magnificent machines. Look closely and you very well may see yourself.

Saturday morning, 9 Oct 2010, Cadillac McDaniel will open the “Wet Pits” at his place on the Okeechobee Waterway. Flybys by some of the most amazing boats you have ever seen. If you want to get wet with your own boat, this is the time and place to do it in fresh water with no speed limit. Cadillac has his own ramp for trailer boats and lots of dock space. There is a full marina just down the road that can handle larger boats. There will be a safety boat on station, but you will be asked to sign a “hold harmless”. Even though everyone will be responsible for their own actions, we must insist that there be absolutely no alcohol at this event.

Saturday evening, 9 Oct 2010, we will gather once again at BRIX for another opportunity to tell all the lies that boat racers tell so well.
    Sunday, 10 OCT 2010, will a recovery day for all “Old Farts” to rest, relax and maybe even hit that little white ball into the rough, go fishing, or whatever else floats your boat

At least one of the events will include a solemn salute to all old boat racers that have already “crossed the finish line”. While that was a very short event last year, it was certainly at the top of the favorites list.

I fully expect Jackie Wilson to sponsor a golf tournament sometime during the event, and someone else may want to perform some other likewise perverse activity. Let us know what you want to do. Who knows, maybe we will actually figure out a way to do it.

Cadillac McDaniel, Jim Hauser, Steve Sirois

Contact us at OFF2010@comcast.net
    Last edited by seeroy; 05-26-2010 at 10:32 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Billy Seebold, Kenny Kitson, Mike Mullins

I just had great conversations with Billy Seebold, Kenny Kitson, and Mike Mullins. All declared that they definitely intend to be at OFF2010. Each also intend to bring at least one boat to run at Cadillac's on Saturday, 9 Oct. Mike will once again bring the Ceasare Scotti 1969 Havasu winning OMC/Molinari. Kenny is working on one of his Kitson tunnel boats built in 1972. Billy hopes to bring on of his F1 boats. I am slowly trying to contact many others that I have heard intend to bring themselves and their boats. This could turn out to be even better than last year. - Steve Sirois
    Last edited by seeroy; 07-13-2010 at 08:13 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Odell Lewis

Had a great conversation with Odell Lewis today. Bottom line....When asked if he is coming to OFF2010, he said "Quote" If I'm alive, I'll be there "End Quote". I am happy to inform all that Odell is in very good health and does not take any pills!!! I mentioned to him that today is my 35th anniversary and asked how long Mona Lou has had to put up with him. He very proudly informed me that they have been married for 54 years. When Odell does something, he does it right!!! As others have stated, and I have personally witnessed, he could easily be one of the, if not the, toughest boat racer that ever walked this planet. We all enjoyed spending time with him last year and look forward to this year.

- Steve Sirois

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Johnny Bakos

What a great day!!! Now I just got off the phone with Johnny Bakos. Another of the great boat racers from "back in the day" and all around great guy. Johnny also still flies his own Beech Bonanza. Some guys are just so lucky to still be able to fly...Wish I still could. John said he will be at OFF2010. He sees Mel Riggs often and he will twist Mel's arm to drag him south in October.

I honestly don't know if this day could get any better!!! - Steve Sirois

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will try to make the new day even better,,,,,, Spoke with pilot expert Charlie Wolffe Yesterday and wouldn"t miss the shindig,,,,,,, Also Bert Serra is working hard rounding up tunnell racers,,,,, We need to reach the OMC guys, Really feel we missed that a little last year................ Spoke to Tom Stickle who turned the Magic 70 a week ago who is also attending,,,,,,, Asked Tom to stay home as having heard so much about Marsha want her to come, He explained not with all the old dreadful Farts around here, I guess were stuck with Tom again LOL

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ralph Donald, Bill Hosler

Today I talked with Ralph Donald for the first time. Ralph is a long time outboard hydro racer. He currently is running in Class 125cc and 175cc and will be bringing his boat to OFF2010 to display and run at Cadillac's place. Ralph will be bringing his friend Bill Hosler who is also a long time racer in these classes. Scotty Begovich recently told Jim Hauser that this is the boat he most wants to see run. More and more it is looking like we will see a very wide spectrum of boat types and ages in the water and running. - Steve Sirois

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steve,,,,,,, A little info on Ralph and Bill, They are still racing in their alkie burning hydros at age 79 and 80 respectively,,,,,,,,,,, Don"t Mess with OLD GUYS

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gofish7070 View Post
    Steve,,,,,,, A little info on Ralph and Bill, They are still racing in their alkie burning hydros at age 79 and 80 respectively,,,,,,,,,,, Don"t Mess with OLD GUYS
    I'm sure you have noticed that I don't mess with you!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seeroy View Post
    I'm sure you have noticed that I don't mess with you!

Age is a relative thing.....I'm related to Moses.
    20 Foot Switzer Wing 2 X S3000 (Dust'n the Wind II)
    !6 foot Wood Eltro Vee (2X Merc 1500's) (Dust'n the Wind IV)
    15 foot Powercat 15C (2 X Merc 1500) (Dust'n the Wind III)
    (Single engine boats are lacking something)
    15’ Wooden Switzer Shooting Star...
    16 foot Lee Craft Merc S 3000-(Gold Dust II)
    (The exception proves the rule)
    Obsolete and Proud of it

Page 1 of 42 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast