Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mercury 200hp Serial number

Hey Everyone

I am new round here and have spent the last few hours trying to work out what year my outboard is that come on my new boat. (Charts ant the best) The S/N is 8061734 off the top of the block and A8061734 off the Gearbox. If any one could help my out it would be great. All I wont to do is service it so I can get it on the water with piece of mind.

Thanks Fred

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look behind the trigger arm up near number 2 cylinder where the case halfs meet. The date of manufacture will be stamped there. You may need to scuff with some sand paper to get it to show.

Most serial numbers begin with a letter designator (OD, OG OT etc.) except for pre 1986 models which were numbers only. So you're probably looking at a 1985 based on the number you provided.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Beginning S/N

<TABLE border=1 cellSpacing=0 borderColor=#330000 cellPadding=4 width="93%" align=center><TBODY><TR class=bodyBold><TD>200</TD><TD>1985</TD><TD>EXLPTO</TD><TD>6625221</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE border=1 cellSpacing=0 borderColor=#330000 cellPadding=4 width="93%" align=center><TBODY><TR class=bodyBold><TD>200</TD><TD>1985</TD><TD>ELPTO</TD><TD>6625221</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    Bud Conner "Heathen" "Defending Our Constitution"

FOR ALL ENGINE APPLICATIONS
    DRY Film Lubricant for Piston Skirts & Cranks + Thermal Barrier Ceramic Coatings for Piston Tops, Combustion Chambers, Valves etc !!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Heaps

will go and check it out now