Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New guy (with a motor for sale)

Hey guys,

I'm new to the site. Mainly came on to try to sell a motor, but then realized that I have to have 100 posts before I can do that! So, here's to 1, and hoping for a quick 100.

And, in case anyone is interested, I'm selling a **************. I know, kinda cheating the system here, but I'm buying a house, closing date is April 30th, and I REALLY don't want to move that motor. Already have a new one, so this thing has to go. ************** if you're interested.

Snover

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to S&F, you would do better to become a paying member..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Usually we meet new members with a Welcome to Scream and Fly message, but don't think it's appropriate in this case.

So your first post here is DELIBERATELY "cheating the system" by swiping a free ad on the wrong forum?

Our "system" is designed to prohibit EXACTLY this type of post. We aren't interested in being an advertising only website. That's what Craig's list and E Bay are for. Our buy/sell forums are intended for the use of our PARTICIPATING members and that's the reason for the 100 post minimum OR you could have registered as a Team Member for $25. and just placed the ad in the proper forum within the rules, however that option is no longer available in this case.
    Membership upgrade options: http://www.screamandfly.com/payments.php

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kick him to the curb. Pretty tacky considering you new the rules. Don't need that kind of garbage around here!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Snover View Post
    Hey guys,

I'm new to the site. Mainly came on to try to sell a motor, but then realized that I have to have 100 posts before I can do that! So, here's to 1, and hoping for a quick 100.

I know, kinda cheating the system here,
    Snover
    WHAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Perfect example of how not to win friends and influence the administrators .
    Bud Conner "Heathen" "Defending Our Constitution"

FOR ALL ENGINE APPLICATIONS
    DRY Film Lubricant for Piston Skirts & Cranks + Thermal Barrier Ceramic Coatings for Piston Tops, Combustion Chambers, Valves etc !!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Think of it this way, the second thread he's involved with won't be some member, who trusted him, with a "I got screwed" thread.

Better to show your character now, trying to "beat the system", than beating another poor guy out of his hard earned money.
    Living in the Freedom provided by Bud Conner and his fellow warriors.
    R.I.P. my Heathen Brother

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel that I need to come in and defend myself here. First, I just want to say that immediately following the response from Raceman, I sent back a reply to that email, AND I sent another message through the forum itself, apologizing for my post, and my poorly judged attempt at trying to sell my motor. That was at 9:28am EST yesterday. As of now, I still have not received any response from any administrator. To me, that’s disrespectful and classless.
    <o></o>
    Second, I also explained in that response that I wasn’t just trying to hit the forum JUST to post something for sale. I like the forum, it’s very helpful, informative, and I wanted to be a part of that. I felt it would be another great place to get any information on motors that I may need. And, as a relatively new boater, I need a lot of information. I’m not just another jackass looking for another forum to post on for free, and badger people with sales. Yes, I have a motor that I have to sell, and yes, I should have gone about it properly. However, I did not see anywhere on the rules in the “General Boating Discussion” forum that said posting things for sale was against the rules. It is probably implied, but to be fair, it’s not written out, and pinned at the top of the forum with the rules. As a new guy to the forum, I could not find anywhere else where the rules may be. And, if they are listed in the “Terms and Agreements” that you must agree to when signing up, then I can honestly say that I missed it. I am human, and I make mistakes.
    <o></o>
    Lastly, I want to say I’m sorry. At this point, after seeing the few responses to my first post, I realize that I do not want to be apart of this forum. My first impression came off pretty damn bad, and I’m sorry for that, as I AM a stand up, honest guy. I don’t like to cheat people of their money, or be a jerk to anyone. I go out of my way to make sure that I leave a good impression with everyone that I encounter. I will and do give a second chance to everyone that I encounter, if the first impression isn’t all that great.
    <o></o>
    However, the impression I’m getting from several people on here, especially the administrators, is that I’ve blown my one and only chance to become a member on these boards. Yes, the right thing for me to do would have been to never mention the motor being for sale, until I reached the 100<sup>th</sup> post. I’m sorry I did that, as I’ve said SEVERAL times before. As I’ve said in the two different messages to moderators that have been unanswered. With that in mind, I would prefer not to deal with such classless and disrespectful people.
    <o></o>
    This may come across as insulting, but it’s more the truth than it is anything else. I made a mistake. Instead of receiving a warning, or pulled aside for a quick slap on the wrist, I was banned and crucified by the administrator and others, without any chance to explain my action, or to apologize. No second chances here. Well, I’ve apologized several times more than is necessary. Sorry, yet again, for what I did, and I promise I won’t be bothering anyone else or cheating them of their $25 to list ONE motor again.
    <o></o>
    Snover

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Formula 260ss 496HO

Bender Clan Member

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    A mistake is when you do something accidentally that you should not have.

Announcing that you are breaking the rules is not a mistake, it is in your face.

Bye-bye.
    Per Rock:

"Once I bought my first Hydrostream boating changed forever for me."

Per my hero Instigator:

"I try not to let common sense interfere w/my boat buying decisions."

Pat Gent
    cell 954-249-3246
    '78 Hydrostream Vandal (being rebuilt)
    '86 21' Eliminator Daytona, 300 OMC V-8 (Li'l Toy III)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Li'l Toy View Post
    A mistake is when you do something accidentally that you should not have.

Announcing that you are breaking the rules is not a mistake, it is in your face.

Bye-bye.
    Bingo
    Living in the Freedom provided by Bud Conner and his fellow warriors.
    R.I.P. my Heathen Brother

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If he didnt see the posting rules how did he know he needed 100 posts

R.I.P Paul Lanzillo September 23, 1956,August 30, 2009 Miss you Brother

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Too much drama.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to say that i am very confused by the actions taken on this post. First there has been times in my posting carreer that i have put something on general discussion and when greg or raceman saw it they moved it to forum. They didn't affend me they just thought it was better to be in another location. I have also seen where posts have been removed for violation rules. Don't get me wrong i know this guy was wrong. However, once raceman saw this was wrong why wasn't it removed or moved to buy and sell where it should have been. I know it can't because of the post #'s. The new member should have been contacted and told in private what he did wrong and informed if he went against the rules he would be banned from the site. Now this has stayed public for us all to rip this guy apart. Now again he knew he did wrong but i have done wrong things in my life too. Why does this post allow itself to run the wrong course raceman .
    LAM MARINE RACING
    DOMESTIC DISPUTE QUARTERMASTER
    Allison SS-2000
    21 LIBERATOR
    17 ACTION IN DAVE'S MEMORY
    BASS TRACKER TF 1600

REST IN PIECE MY BEST COMPANION KIWI ( I LUV U )

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by qmaster023 View Post
    I have to say that i am very confused by the actions taken on this post. First there has been times in my posting carreer that i have put something on general discussion and when greg or raceman saw it they moved it to forum. They didn't affend me they just thought it was better to be in another location. I have also seen where posts have been removed for violation rules. Don't get me wrong i know this guy was wrong. However, once raceman saw this was wrong why wasn't it removed or moved to buy and sell where it should have been. I know it can't because of the post #'s. The new member should have been contacted and told in private what he did wrong and informed if he went against the rules he would be banned from the site. Now this has stayed public for us all to rip this guy apart. Now again he knew he did wrong but i have done wrong things in my life too. Why does this post allow itself to run the wrong course raceman .

Because it's still winter and we need things to get worked up about untill the weather breaks

Maybe it was left up as an "Example" or warning of things " Not to try"

Chris
    God, Country, and Fast Boats
    SPECIAL BOAT TEAM 12/ HSB'S SOC NSWU-1

Live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. And when your time comes to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with fear of death, so that they weep and pray for more time that they may live there life over in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a Hero going home.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast