Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Overheating alarm

On my 86' 200hp block, the "buzzer" for overheating is not functioning. Can I run a temp gauge from the block to my dash?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    absolutely...either or,or both...
    obnoxious

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Process

Is it a water temp gauge I am looking for? I am going to swap out my power trim gauge (which never works) for this one. Is a power head set up like a car engine, where there are different holes you can access for for things like gauges......yes, I said different holes I can access

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you try grounding out the connection on the block from the to the buzzer? you can just jump it to the block and it should make the buzzer sound. I agree that you will be better off with a gauge and why not through in a water pressure gauge as well. But you already have the wiring for the buzzer and if its broken you can get one at radio shack for about 5 bucks. If you go there ask for a 12 volt buzzer. they will have them in drawers and you can pick the dB you want.
    ALSO, Do you know the boobs..ah..I mean breas...ah,um.. girl in your avitar? She has very nice eyes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You guessed it

Thats why I put her up, b/c of her beautiful eyes As for the temp gauge, I have a water pressure gauge, but looking down at it every 10 seconds gets tiring. I need a HUD like in Vettes. Maybe a new buzzer will work, just not sure b/c its a different powerhead. Me and wiring does no not get along too well

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe someone with a little better memory than I have can tell you which color wire to ground to test the buzzer, But it is a very simple to change the buzzer if needed, I took me less than 5 min. Then I just stay up under the bow and took a nap. I told the wife it took me 2 hours. But in a few weeks, when I uncover it I can take some pics and show you exactly what to do once I cut the shrinkwrap off.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CKMATE225 View Post
    Maybe someone with a little better memory than I have can tell you which color wire to ground to test the buzzer, But it is a very simple to change the buzzer if needed, I took me less than 5 min. Then I just stay up under the bow and took a nap. I told the wife it took me 2 hours. But in a few weeks, when I uncover it I can take some pics and show you exactly what to do once I cut the shrinkwrap off.
    Should be the tan/blue at the terminal block on the electrical plate. The switch has two blacks (ground). One goes to the bolt on the head the other goes to the terminal block and ties to the tan/blue.
    Steve Schefer

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wires

You guys kick a*&, thanks for the input. I will give a peek at the wires to ground it when I pull the cover off whenever the snow stops coming down! The buzzer is almost 30 years old, so its prob shot - but I will double check