Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

need plumbing help

Hi everyone.

I am just looking for some good advice.

I have blown big block chevy in my jet boat and i have had some heat problems in the past to hot idling to cold under power. This has became more of a problem after i put the super charger on it. I would like to reslove this for good. First i will tell you how i have it plumb.

The water comes out of my pump, i have a tee for my banlog, one 3/8 line goes to it then to the headers all is good there! from that tee i have a ball valve then a 3/4 line going to my oil cooler,from there it goes to another tee witch sends the water to where the water pump would go, on top of my motor there is only one line coming out, this line is 3/4 with a ball valve to slow down the water going out.

I have come to find out that i should not be using ball valves at all and i should be using gate valves witch i took off because i did not like the looks of them. I know stuiped

I have bought a water pressure regulator with a gate valve witch i have not put on yet, that will take care of any water pressure problems that i have had in the passed.

What i am wondering is should i be putting a water bypass thermostat housing and thermostat on to or will the water pressure regualtor slow the water down enough to make controling the engine temp alot easier. I would really like to keep the heat at a good temp all the time.

I am thing that i should maybe be put in one on but i am not really sure. If anyone thinks i should put a water bypass thermostat housing on it can someone tell me how to plumb it.

I think i know how to do it but i am looking for someone with experence to help. I have been guessing and doing this trial and error for to long and it has cost me alot of money.

Any and all input will be appreciated

Thank's
    Last edited by nerve damage; 02-27-2010 at 01:10 PM.
    Trimmer & Pinner

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Read PM
    Duane HTP

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Listen to Duane

He setup my blown 540 in my Daytona and it ran like a top

Not sure if you have one but if you do not I would run a intercooler, on the dyno we noticed power gains and not to mention making your motor last longer its money well spent