Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Moomba, Thanks for the updated link. I'v got one of these newer antennas on order (StarMarine $95 plus shipping). I will post my findings Pete

5/17, I'm glad to report that these antennas work. When I bought my STV the Livorsi GPS w/ recall had a dead antenna battery. This antenna has it working again. The antenna comes with a 4' cable with 4 wires. ( red and black for power) I used the white wire to the sender on the back of the guage and bingo! I'm not sure what the green wire goes to?
    Last edited by petehubbell; 05-17-2014 at 02:16 PM. Reason: Added results
    http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...interior-re-do

1986 Skeeter Starfire 150
    2000 Ranger R81VS
    1995 Liberator
    1988 Searay Sorrento
    1986 STV Pro Comp 280 "Area 51"
    1990 STV Pro Comp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there a way to tell if a puck antenna does in fact have an internal battery? I was told the round puck antennas that were manufactured around 2010 and later that have the 3 wires and connect to the 3 lugs on the speedo (not a plug in antenna)do not have a internal battery... anyway to the 100% sure?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Speed View Post
    Is there a way to tell if a puck antenna does in fact have an internal battery? I was told the round puck antennas that were manufactured around 2010 and later that have the 3 wires and connect to the 3 lugs on the speedo (not a plug in antenna)do not have a internal battery... anyway to the 100% sure?
    I've never seen a round one without a battery. I have replaced many batteries in pucks that were lug connected. Also the speedos with post connections are older than the ones with the three pin connector so not sure where the 2010 date comes from. The only way that I can think of to tell is to take the cover off. I have a spanner that I made to hold the base so I can remove the cover without damaging it. If you are going to try to remove the cover don't try to hold it by the strain relief. Is it not working? I still fix them.

96 Cougar 23 MTR twin 300XS's. 100 something
    98 Laveycraft Sebring 20.2 Tunnel 280 90 something SOLD
    85 Baker RST 220 Laser SOLD

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8