Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you have 3 limiters, you should be into 1 or 2 of them now at 6150, the 3rd If I remember right is a Hard Limiter like a Car or Truck has. Your Motor is a Good One, it has the Lightning 1 lower unit, it also has the 1.86:1 Gears in it. Depending on the transom its on, and if you surface the prop their are some small hop ups for Long Term gear case life. Not sure if you can hop them up, some can, but you need to know BRP personally, and I dont think thats in the works. Have fun with the 270 ft lbs of torque and 250hp, maybe Hydrotec will start hopping up Evinrudes now that Yamaha is done with 2 strokes....Brannon

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info. When you say I'm into two limiters at this rpm what what should be happening? I know the rpm's are too high and I just purchased a 27p four blade prop to try and get the rpm's down. When the two plus feet of ice melts I will try to dial this in a little more. Thanks for any and all help. Rick

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ive got a 2009 model (August 2009).... are there any updates i should be pushing my dealer for?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If there are updates how does it work with Evinrude? Do they install updates free or is there a charge. Is Evinrude obligated to do the updates?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Velocity, at 6150rpm, your engine is on the soft rev limiter. At about 5850rpm it starts to inject extra oil. At about 6100rpm it starts to make the fuel mixture rich. Both of these things reduce power. If revs still continue to increase then the 3rd limiter will cut in to further protect the engine. This one cuts fuel or spark or both, I don't know I've not hit that limiter.

If you want optimum top speed you'll probably get it by tweaking your prop to reduce RPM just a little. 5800 WOT or so should give you the best top end at least in theory but of course props are not always that simple.

Or leave it as it is an enjoy the best possible holeshot and midrange and excellent top end.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You were the first person who was able to tell me what the limiters do.... Thanks. as for the next limiter I did touch it with a 25 pitch prop and the motor instantly slows to an idle. You have to turn the motor off and restart it to get it to go again and the same happens if there is an interuption in the fuel supply. One last question... is there a formula to see what pitch prop would get the rpm's down to the 5800 mark? I'm guestimating that a 27 should work any thoughts? I tried not to get it to the 6150 mark too often even though it did not see to run any different so if the 27 doesn't work I think I'll just enjoy the 26. I don't need to go crazy too often.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

225 ho with almost no hours

I have an 08 etec 225 ho on my pontoon boat. I bought the rig as a left over in 09. It has about 25 hours on it, mostly slow cruising. I am looking to upgrade to a 250 ho. What kind of pricing would the 225ho bring? I am in NJ.
    Last edited by garygbnj; 03-19-2010 at 07:41 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2