Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has anyone looked at the new Ford Coyote motors?

I just read a very good article on the new Ford 302 Coyote motors. 415 HP on 91 octane is pretty impressive along with their continiously variable cam timing system. Ford is making essentially the same HP as GM from a 1 litre smaller engine.

"Confidence" is that wonderful feeling you had right before you fully understood your true situation.- Unknown
    I don’t know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but, by God, they terrify me.- Duke of Wellington
    “I am not afraid of an Army of lions lead by a sheep; I am afraid of sheep lead by a lion.” – Alexander the Great
    Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.-Douglas MacArthur

Allison GSE 300XS

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didnt know it was called Coyote, but Yes, if things were better right now, I would be at the dealer buying one. I also like the 315 V-6 with 30mpg highway. I bought this one a year ago, has the 300HP 4.6, but due to fuel mileage(I work 40 miles from home), the wife drives it, I drive the old beater V-6 convertible mustang to work.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mus1.jpg   mus6.jpg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rchevelle71 View Post
    Didnt know it was called Coyote, but Yes, if things were better right now, I would be at the dealer buying one. I also like the 315 V-6 with 30mpg highway. I bought this one a year ago, has the 300HP 4.6, but due to fuel mileage(I work 40 miles from home), the wife drives it, I drive the old beater V-6 convertible mustang to work.
    Ford really hit-it-out-of-the-park with the looks of the Mustang.
    I am glad they did not blow it the way they did with the new Thunderbird [ugly and slow].

"Confidence" is that wonderful feeling you had right before you fully understood your true situation.- Unknown
    I don’t know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but, by God, they terrify me.- Duke of Wellington
    “I am not afraid of an Army of lions lead by a sheep; I am afraid of sheep lead by a lion.” – Alexander the Great
    Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.-Douglas MacArthur

Allison GSE 300XS

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JR IN JAX View Post
    Ford really hit-it-out-of-the-park with the looks of the Mustang.
    I am glad they did not blow it the way they did with the new Thunderbird [ugly and slow].
    Personally, I am not big on the '10's and 11's. I am sure the look will grow on me in time, but kinda plasticky looking(I hate the black plastic rear bumper insert), unless you go with the Shelby.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and what about the torque output, bet its a lil shy compared to the gm, torque is what moves the car, ford definetely did a nice job on the mustang
    action mobile marine, 772 528 0754, dealers for aces fuel products,wolf efi, pro marine,latham and gaffrig/livorsi. we build gearcases and modify them(3 litre) to ratchet, and powerheads as well. 21 skater/3 litre wolf efi 113 mph the engine build http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...-3-litre-build

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcrsr View Post
    and what about the torque output, bet its a lil shy compared to the gm, torque is what moves the car, ford definetely did a nice job on the mustang
    I have the #'s at home, I'll look them up tonight. From what I remember reading though, they werent too shabby. These are some serious motors, Variable valve tech, etc. The thing I really like about mine is the longer wheelbase than previous designs, Rides so much better(still a bitch to get in the back seat though), as for handling not so much, but way better than the older ones, but its a mustang, meant to go in a straight line. V-6 is like 315 HP, 5.0 is like 405, and the 5.4 SC is 550

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From what I remember it was 390 Ft# of torque which is not too shabby.

Allison GSE 300XS

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JR IN JAX View Post
    Ford is making essentially the same HP as GM from a
    1 litre smaller engine.
    Almost sounds japanese lol

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ford has done a great job in designing new vehicles, and in the R&D dept. I'm a chevy man, but they haven't designed anything worth squat lately including the camaro. I don't like the new one, and I have a 69SS. If I were in the market I would seriously take a look at what ford has to offer just for the fact they didn't take any STIMULUS money.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by harrells View Post
    Ford has done a great job in designing new vehicles, and in the R&D dept. I'm a chevy man, but they haven't designed anything worth squat lately including the camaro. I don't like the new one, and I have a 69SS. If I were in the market I would seriously take a look at what ford has to offer just for the fact they didn't take any STIMULUS money.
    As you can tell from my screen name, I am a chevy guy also, but when we bought our stang, the Camaro wasnt out yet, and dodge wanted a $5000 premium for the challenger. Ford gave me $5250 in rebates, 0% financing, and I am on their X-plan, so waived dealer fees etc. Plus gave us top dollar for our trade, I couldnt pass it up. Besides my Chevell(which I no longer have due to divorce, boating, and a move to FL), I have had 6 mustangs from a 1982 GT(first year back), 89LX 5.0, 90 GT, 95 Cobra, 99 V-6 convertible, and the 08 Boss 302. My favorites were the 89LX, and 08 boss. I am holding out for the 50th. anniversary for my next, maybe a Shelby this time

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No mater what they do it's still a ford..........

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rchevelle71 View Post
    Great looking car. I love that retro look.
    David

2000 Powerplay Sportdeck

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by D.B.S View Post
    No mater what they do it's still a ford..........
    At least their trying do you want ALL hotRod stuff to go away..........

Chris
    God, Country, and Fast Boats
    SPECIAL BOAT TEAM 12/ HSB'S SOC NSWU-1

Live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. And when your time comes to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with fear of death, so that they weep and pray for more time that they may live there life over in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a Hero going home.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by specboatops View Post
    At least their trying Chris
    That's kinda the way I feel too,,,, gotta give them all some credit for the retro look comeback thing. You would have thought that by the way the new Mustang set the bar kinda high,,, Mopar hit the nail on the head with the Challenger,,, with Chevy seeing both of these new designs, and having all the time in the world to re-design THE finest retro Camero, they fell on their nose in my opinion. (although I hear they are great driving cars)

And by watching the TV documentary on the new facility that chevy built just for the new Camero,,,, they built the friggin whole plant (S) in CANADA ? ? ? So much for helping the US Workers.....

And took a buttload of the STEALFROMUS money??? WTF?

RB
    Russ Benton
    Allison XB-2003 w/JSRE Pro Max
    Allison XR-2001 w/260 +