So I bought a new (to me) Hydrostream Valero with a 1995 2.5L Mercury offshore engine. The second time out I get the prop in the lake bottom and bend up the ears I have sent the prop off for repair but have questions about getting the thrust washer off.

The one on the prop shaft is 3/4" thick and doesn’t have the step design I have seen on the boards. It is approximately the same diameter. What is the best way to get it off? I am a bit leery of taking a ballpene hammer to it.

When replacing it what thrust washer should be used (part number). The prop a Mazco re3 28p that came off only had a nut and a tab washer. It also had what looks to be a thrust washer with grooves for the tab washer built into it.

I have another prop I would like to put on the boat so I can get some more use out of it before the end of the season. This prop doesn’t have a flush front, it has what looks to be a washer in the insert that sticks out about an 1/8". The back is recessed some with room for a washer tab washer and nut. It’s a stainless steel prop with a similar hub design as the Mazco.

Suggestions on the removal of the existing thrust washer and parts to install the other prop (and the Mazco when I get it back) would be appreciated.

If need be I could scan the prop in questions.

Thanks,
Steve