Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    shouldn't,cuz at speed tail should be out of the water!
    why ask me ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man that sucks. It must have been the longest 45 minutes of your life.

I was out yesterday in 95 degree heat that felt like 105. I raised the center of the prop shaft to 1 1/4'' above the pad. The boat was light, (low fuel), and I was able to hit 98 mph at about 5800rpm. The heat might have slowed me down a bit. I checked prop slip and its at about 3%. I am thinking of getting the prop LABed. I have been told that will give me some more rpm and mph?
    At top speed the water psi was 20-25psi but between 3000rpm and 4500rpm the psi was only 7. I am not sure but I think that is a little low?

With the prop shaft 1 1/4'' above the pad and just me in the boat coming out of the hole was like a rocket ship.

Did you have to drill the cavitation plate to install the whale tail or will one of the drill less ones work?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "On a second note, At speed I hit a dead head log sumerged under the water, which put a 2.5 foot long gouge in the haul. I did not notice at first. so as I continued to drive fast the fibreglass started to delamitate. Eventually the haul had a 1 foot long crack and the boat began to sink. After noticing the water on the floor, I headed for shore. With the help from some people at shore we were able to bale for 45 minutes until my Wife drove around the lake with the trailer, and we saved the boat from sinking."
    Be careful because the hull sounds like it could delaminate at anytime I would not run her very fast unless the whole hull has been redone...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you everyone for all of your suggestions. By the way, which whale tale / stabilizer is everyone buying to deal with the porpoising issue? Bobs??

Dave

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5