Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jay:

I've used Merc Premium Plus since my 250 EFI was new in '04. I've got about 200 hrs on it and never had any issues at all. It's actually the best motor I've ever owned. Can I start to add / mix the Penn synthetic to the reseovoir as the Merc oil starts to get low without any problems?
    You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift. You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong. You cannot help the wage earner by pulling down the wage payer. You cannot further the brotherhood of man by encouraging class hatred. You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich. You cannot keep out of trouble by spending more than you earn.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Yes...........................
    TRANSPORT SERVICE...UP TO 33 FEET....YOUR TRAILER OR MINE... FULLY INSURED...............
    DOT & CDL COMPLIANT $500,000.00 CARGO & 1 MILLION LIABILITY

LIVE LIFE ON THE EDGE,LESS CROWED BETTER VIEW
    ...............2022 3500 HD SILVERADO DUALLY 6.6 TURBO. 8 FT BED...LETS PULL IT.................

http://www.frankmoletransport.com/

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IMO NO... To be 100% safe I would shy away from the addition of any 100% syn 2 cycle oil on steel sleeves. I have had the best luck with the Pen. syn/petro. blends on steel and "issues" with 100% syn. .. The blends are a great oil on steel sleeved recreational engines and yes I would feel 100% safe adding any of the Pen. 2 cycle syn/petro. blends available at Wally World to your tank when your tank volume is lowered to a safe level...

Good luck,
    Jay
    Jay @ JSRE

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Strong View Post
    JMO May be going a little to long between rering. Figure running completey worn out " sharp edged" rings the cause of the worn out cyl coating, not the oil brand. Had a 245 carb 2.5 and it got reringed every 80-120hrs, cyl coating was good for 3 rerings. It got TiN on the rebuild and was sold, never heard how much longer the TiN rings lasted.

Dave
    Hi Dave, interesting read. I appreciate the above relates to Merc but does the same also apply to OMC V8?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoking Joe View Post
    Hi Dave, interesting read. I appreciate the above relates to Merc but does the same also apply to OMC V8?
    Have never played with OMC much, mainly V-6 Mercs. Someone else may have some input.

Dave

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i know one think penn full syn sure has gone up over the years.... use to be 19 bucks... now it is 28. anyone get a better deal by the case or 5 gal can????? wally world has noticed how many of guys are buying it!!!!!!!!!!lol
    93 xr 2001 drag with a 15" drag
    92 xb 2002 comp with a 15" drag
    R.I.P. Phil "rpm racing" Watch over the rest of us my friend.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Definately pennzoil 100 synthetic on new stuff and semi on the older motors. I have used both and am very pleased. Even the semi on an old evinrude 135 there is almost no smoke. Great product. Oh yeah my chain saws and weed wacker like it too.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    royal purple synthetic oil is pretty good stuff

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xsflight View Post
    Anyone have experience with mercury multi-fuel oil, part #92-858092A01. Merc racing recommends this oil for the the new 200xs ROS and SST motors. I"m sure for good reason, including profit margins.
    I incorrectly ordered Mercury 2 stroke oil # 92-858092A01 for my 300XS motors. The cost was outrageous! But I had it shipped. I thought I was getting two 2.5 gallon jugs, gut only got one for the price. After talking to Merc. Racing ( two guys) with not much insight, except it was the most high end oil for 2 strokes (especially the diesel motor, multi fuel oil), I finally found out that it was the Mercury Racing recommended oil for the 200Ros / SST motors. Really nice guys at Mercury Racing BTW. So I decided to keep it and try to use it ... Has anyone had any history with this oil? I lost a power head at 10 hours under warranty, so I thought what the hell, try it. It is supposed to have additional additives for soot and carbon. It will be interesting to see the soot on the props (overhub) with the new oil. Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This is the red stuff correct - I don' have my numbers in front of me but Ted Gryguc a well known builder racer in Canada speaks highly of it and of course I use it it personally in a 2.5 280 and a 200 xs ROS .Jay Smith is a very knowledgable guy 5 posts above but doubt he will chime in on what an XS desires as far as oil but he is your goto as his race history building and driving proves on 2.0 - 2.4 - 2.5 needs as oil requirements and what is real and works vs just hype .
    Last edited by kellytheaker; 07-28-2020 at 07:42 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.marineworkz.co.nz/mercur...max-200xs-sst/

Found this regarding the Mercury Multi Fuel Oil *92-858092A01 as recommended for the 200XS SST Gen.2

Kelly, Mercury Racing oil (Rejuvenate) is the red oil. This oil is honey colored.

Anybody have any knowledge on this oil?

I found this below from "********************" site:

"I spoke with the brand manager at Mercury marine and was told that "Rejuvenate" isn't exactly the same oil as their "Multi-Fuel" 2 stroke oil and that the Multi-Fuel oil had more detergent in it and this would be better for our application. In researching it I found that the "Multi-Fuel" (Mercury P/N: 92-858092A01) oil is also only available in two 5 gallon containers (you gotta buy 10 gallons) at a time and you're gonna spend about $300 for that much oil (or you can buy a 55 gallon drum for a lot more). I also found it interesting that this oil is the recommended oil for the Optimax 200XS ROS engine that is used for offshore and drag racing. Bottom line being that this sounds pretty much like "the good stuff" but it's not cheap or easy to get.

Due to limited availability we used the Rejuvenate in our program and I'll update when we do a teardown, but for now we haven't stuck anything but I suspect that we will convert over to the Multi-Fuel oil soon.

Finally, the "Rejuvenate" is going to be discontinued. While it burns a lot cleaner than normal oils and really works on reducing the carbon buildup in engines, there hasn't been a huge rush to buy it. The good news is that it will likely be rebranded as a high performance/racing oil since it is also really good in terms of lubricity, so not only will you be able to protect your engine from damage, but it will run a lot cleaner too."
    Last edited by Davidlake; 07-29-2020 at 12:32 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JR IN JAX View Post
    I have to agree with Jay, I got over 1000 hours on my first Promax Powerhead running Penzoil synthetic blend through the stock oil injection system. I now have over 500 hours on my new powerhead. My exhaust tuner has only has a black stain on it and will not get your hand dirty.
    There might be something better out there but I'm not planning on experimenting....
    I was told not to use full synthetic in a Promax. I do not recall th ereasoning.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 36Tango View Post
    I was told not to use full synthetic in a Promax. I do not recall th ereasoning.
    He said he was running penn syn blend , the blend isn't full synthetic, lots people say don't run full synthetic in steel bore motor

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6