Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Personally I'm sure the 9.9 and 15's will fly off the shelf. These small fourstroke outboards are just what some one above said, over weight carburated turds.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hot damn..... you guys just gave me a reason to go to our local turd of a boat show... to one up the local e rude dealerwith knowledge.. they will be behind the 8 ball and i get to have my fun thanks guys

4-16-2014. 25 years old today... the fishin boat doesnt look to bad for a classic does she

things that were are no longer as they are today...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The OFFICIAL Press Release announcing the new Evinrude E-Tec 15HO

Here's a bit more ammo for ya Mate. Hot off the press.

http://issuu.com/liquidnirvana/docs/..._15ho_official
    Last edited by LIQUID NIRVANA; 01-16-2010 at 03:57 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally I'm sure the 9.9 and 15's will fly off the shelf. These small fourstroke outboards are just what some one above said, over weight carburated turds.
    Yes and no. I can only address OMC/BRP, but the Suzuki-produced 4-strokers they have made in recent years aren't too bad, we sold a lot of them and customers seemed to really like them. We NEVER saw them again except for oil changes either. I totally agree with you on the first-generation OMC-produced 4 strokes - that entire line was TERRIBLE in every respect. The only good feature was the lifting eye on the 9.9/15 ! And you forkin' needed it - bloated pig !

Matt

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bworner View Post
    see BRP closed the China plant that was making the 25/30, the only way they can even come close to turn a profit is to produce it elsewhere,.....Brannon
    Where are they building them now? When the stock runs out then no more 25/30hp E-Tec's?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zinger the China Plant is closed, they are "Currentl" not being produced, Today. Now thats per my rep, of course people are not always right so no one kill me if the line is up elsewhere,yet I doubt. We planned for a feeding frenzy, see 2 yrs ago BRP had a meeting announcing that the New for 2009 25/30 E-TEC would be available to dealers only and sold directly only, no selling to OEMs and no buying from OEMs for major discounts, see guys if we order a 75 Merc Opti from Merc we make hardly anything worth while on the motor sale, but if we buy if from lets say Lund, we can maybe make a couple %, either way its a service and not a Profitable part. Now I found out from Evinrude that "certain" areas have "Certain" Promos that are UNHEARD OF, definitely give them a check. The 8-9.9 will be a big expense because even if they use the old OMC platform they have to design the rest of the E-TEC System,certify, etc, its quite the job. Im trying to get Evinrude to do a EZ project, the 175 H.O. E-TEC, take the 200 2.6liter Small Block, put it on the 150 HOs gear case and graphics and Poof 175 HO Etec, 188-190hp at the prop and killer for the 175 Rated family boats, Bass Boats and so fourth. BRP is growing guys, The 115 H.O. or 130 E-TEC are such sweet Hearts, do yourselves a favor and try and run one, sweet motor, OH, the 25 is similar in power to a 40 4stroke, its a Torque Lil Bastard, with the Tiller handle, Monster gear case and water inlets its a very stout motor, on the back of a 5000lb Ranger 621 the extra 25lbs or whatever wont make a difference. BRANNON

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AFAIK the small engines will be produced in Wisconsin starting march/2010.

Have a nice day!
    This is my backyard! Cataguás,Angra dos Reis,Brasil

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorgeparagon View Post

Have a nice day!
    Thanks Jorge & Brannon, Good info. That should keep everybody happy.
    Last edited by LIQUID NIRVANA; 01-17-2010 at 04:49 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorgeparagon View Post

Have a nice day!
    I hope you are correct, I know many weren't happy, myself included, that the 25/30 hp E-Tec's were being built in China.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    China is Kaput for BRP at least for the time being. Main base is Wisconsin, USA

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok Guys, heres why, If a dealer sells a NEW 25/30 what do they make? approximately 200 bucks or so, what does BRP make? They could not compete with Tohat-ercury, or Merc-ohtsu, they just cant, hell Yamahas are chinese made, not the big stuff but small stuff. BRP will not be able in my opinion to build these in Sturtevant or wherever in the USA and still be competitve. I hope they can, but what happened to the USA 4 strokes? Where are our shoes, pants, TVs, Phones, almost everything is not made here, if it was we'd all be BROKE. Dont get me wrong, IM the BRP advocate, but im realistic. Come down to the Milwaukee Boat show, Im there all week, Oh, I met Michael Geisler there, very nice guy, and a Honest Merc Racing guy also, Mike I sent ETEC1 a message for ya, he probably laughed. Brannon

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi guys,
    Just wanted to clarify a couple things that might have been misunderstood on the 15HO

This is not "just a detuned 25-30" as some have eluded to. The three engines (15HO, 25, 30) do share the same displacement and many common elements but there are many key differences:

-The throttle ramp has been designed to be extremely linear. this provides a very smooth rpm ramp up and is designed for accurate slow speed adjustments. This feature is directed to fisherman that need smooth exact control of speed and has been an inherent difficulty with most all other engines to date in this class.

-The EMM is mapped to the max hp for the class and still is EPA, CARB 3-Star and EU compliant

-The transom bracketry is all new, built to withstand short, steep, wave pounding punishment when stowed. Traveling in rough water conditions like that are often seen in the 18'+ boat lengths and the primary application 15HO was designed for. Unlike the 25 and 30, (in the electric trim models they are bolt on only) the 15HO is clamp-on with 4 smaller security bolts for simple secure installations.

-The tilt unit contained in this bracket is high speed (7 sec stow-deploy) and capable of tilting at all rpm levels for maximum boat and speed control.

- The 15HO incorporates a 4 blade High Thrust 7 pitch prop. A key feature for this user is the exhaust reversing element built in to the prop for maximum boat control and back trolling ease. This feature gives the prop full bite in reverse with little cavitation.

-Lastly the tiller handle though first seen on the 25/30 models is very much suited to the 15HO for several reasons -
    1) Gunwhale limitations with kickers (placed on port or starboard, depending on installation preference) can make steering an issue. The tiller is adjustable 20 deg either direction to allow for those issues, micro adjust vertically for comfort, and 3 verticle locking points to eliminate boat and tiller damage from wave impacts.
    2) The Touch-Troll speed control comes standard on the tiller and on a 20' boat will increase boat speed by 1/10th of a mph per touch of the button.

The key to 15HO E-TEC engine is that it's an expansion in the E-TEC line-up and designed with specific users in mind. Salt-water anglers for a get home or slower trolling engine, northern freshwater multi-species anglers, West Coast "Heavy Metal" anglers that have been looking for more Hp, standard digital speed control and easier starting than what is available on the market today. The last though not least user is the limited hp lake pontoon user. Auto winterize, 3 yr no dealer maintenance, and instant starts are what they want.

Think of the Evnrude 15HO as another addition to the expanding E-TEC line-up, addressing the needs of the users it was designed for. Will there be more to come? I'll let you guys talk about that.....

Thanks

Eric
    Last edited by Butter Boy; 01-29-2010 at 12:21 AM. Reason: not complete

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That sounds pretty close to being a detuned 25/30hp with a new prop and mounting bracket. It also sounds like it would not be a good match for 12ft Zodiac or other small boat. This thing was purpose built to be a trolling engine.

I am waiting for the day that Evinrude comes out with a 75lbs 9.9hp/15hp Etec.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking 15 hp bomb eng

if you go to Evinrude web site and look under parts for 2010 eng. You'll see that it is a 25/30 eng..fact the factory service manual lists 15/25/30 eng all in the same book..course manual is not available yet..
    The day of the 79 lb engine is long gone for ever..with all the crap they got to put on them to make the "GREEN" will be the main reason..So your going to have to get use to 120 lbs for that size engine..
    16ft stylecraft 150 Fmerc (force)
    14ft nylox 15merc 4stroke pt/t 2hp merc and minnkota

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well Welcome to Scream and Fly "Butter Boy", guys much like E-TEC1 and Liquidnirvana he knows his E-TECs. He knows more than most because of the factory knowledge he accumulates, oh wait dude, what do your checks say??? Guys we really need Eric here, he is killer, will always help me and consumers with Evinrude E-TEC knowledge, even when Im wrong, and thats rarely!!!! Eric you know im playin here and there of course, thanks for your continued help and Welcome to a Real Mans Boat forum, we can talk fact, yes we'll get slammed by some, but the Moderators prefer fact and opinion, which is the whole point of a forum I believe, Thanks Greg.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2