Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    chevys n jets

You might want to check out this web site. Most of the members are Nor Cal guys and boat on the water you mentioned. There's a thread right now about a member making some mods to his Panther. Like others have pointed out here, they're a good pump but not in the same leauge as a berk.

I think you might have to join the board to read the thread.

http://www.laidbackboatersboard.com/...ults-t494.html

For the record, Roger Weiman of Rogers boats never used Panther pumps. He used only Berkeley's until the end of his run when they were no longer available. Then he used ATs or Legends. He didn't even own the mold insert needed for the berk E or F or for that matter the insert for the Panther.

He passed away this summer. He was also the father, along with Dick Schuster, of the V bottom jet boat.

R.I.P. Roger.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I am now fully aware of the mess I got myself into. LOL! After the guys at hi-tech percormance.com told me they'ed rather chop off a hand than try to polish that turd jet I have acquired. Interesting facts about Mr. Wieman though, heard and seen the name several places in my research, never went further to look him up. I will now. thank you for the info on the nor cal guys! You in this area as well?
    C.B.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope, we're still down south but would like to move up north someday.

Nothing wrong with a panther jet set up and don't listen to shops that specialize in other set ups . Panthers have been around for decades, thousands of them still on the water pulling skiers. If you want to go drag racing, yeah you might need to re-think your drink. You want a jet that'll give you reliable service and can reach 70, you're ok.

Cas who owns laid back boaters, is a wealth of knowledge with Panthers, pick his brain.

The guy that started panther pumps is the same guy that started Sidewinder boats back in the early 70's, who was the brother in law of the guy that started Tahiti boats in the mid 60's.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking

I'm glad to hear that the company at least came from a boater that had a good lineage in this marine industry. I get the feeling that you may have some deep roots in this industry as well? Although new to the ownership side of things I know a sales pitch when I hear 1. Those guys were all about swaps, and now I know who to bug when that rolls around. For now I'm goin your route and stickin with it till it quits. I am just glad I got a decent setup that'll hang with my friends in the big block clubs. Thanks again for all the info. Still waiting for the Laid Back Crew to hit me up. I subscribed to their pages. You'll like this area when you get here someday. If ya ever make a summer run up let me know. I have what some might say is an incredible location memory when it comes to knowing where to go on our big lake Shasta.
    C.B.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't realize you were running a sbc until I talked to Cas about you yesterday. He told me you signed up on his site.

You won't see 70 with a Panther with a sbc unless it's a killer sbc. To reach 70 which is just about the limit of a Panther you'll need big block power. At least that's what I've seen through the years.

Just enjoy your boat, get into boating and then when you want to, and you will, step up to a better set-up. Don't waste your money on any energizer kit for your Panther. That swap is 3K or more and in my opinion is a waste of money unless you've got a hull that your wife gave birth in or it holds some other sentimental value. In today's economy you can buy a wide variety of different hulls with good set-ups at great prices, well below what they would have sold for just a year ago. In fact in today's market you can hardly give a boat away.

You'll have to post on Cas's site to get any feed back. Just jump in.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yep, drive it!!makes canoe's and peddle power seem real slow

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I run a panther jet. There a great hole shot pump, but NO top end. I wouldn't stick any $$$ into the pump. I'd just drive it & be happy.
    Save your $$$ & find a boat with a better pump & motor.
    Check out my video on the hole shot.

V-king jet boat
    Seadoo speedster 200 310hp
    Hole shot http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y16...t=MOV00922.flv

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking Thanks

good suggestion and that sounds like my plan! sweet boat!
    C.B.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2