Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mercury verado in ski racing

Another First For Mercury
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Silent Black 2.jpg   Silent Black 1.jpg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can it run in an ourboard class ? Or do they run age group class, Im seeing more and more 4 strokes on ski boats down here all the time .Im guessing someone will do a twin rig soon

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe there will be one launched soon with twin suzukis on it

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyWoodF1 View Post
    I believe there will be one launched soon with twin suzukis on it
    SBR has been playing with one but it seemed to be very low at the back. It was a Kaos I think and again, I think they are swapping everything to another hull. Did'nt race it.

That Verado looked very fast at the bridge, fastest of the smoc boats but thinking they thru a blade or something. Passed us like we were sitting still and seemed to be battling a moc boat til we came around a bend and there was 4 skiers and 2 boats all over the river.

It was on a Lab and I reckon it's as fast as the Pro XS boat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It will be interesting to see how it goes in the 80, Robinvale and Mildura. Same as if the Pro XS motor comes down too! On whatever new boat (thinking another Stubbs brothers old one) the Pro XS ends up on.

Hehehe, talking about the Pro Xs, post race scrutineering may be interesting!
    97STV EURO & MERC 2.5 260

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh and Troy, not being smart but kinda curious, you guys own the motor for the old Pro XS?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heaps of discussion on this boat over on letstalkskiracing.com, check it out if you are interested.
    BOAT - Bring Out Another Thousand $

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    How does the boat handle with that weight and weight up high? Although the water looks really nice

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So the Verado is a good 4 stroke you said...
    Go boating,be happy!! And wear safety vest please!! And lesson good music...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2c5oHITTI8c

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Woodduck,
    I look forward to the post race inspection as well!!!!
    All I say is bring it on!!!!!! If it past you standing still I would go home and
    do more homework. As you are going on asumption how do you know it was the fastest thing on the water? Did you radar gun it or something?I did in grafton and there were only two MOC boats faster than the first top seven speeds in SMOC. So if a SMOC boat was battling a moc that wouldn't be new news. I have seen race results were SMOC has beaten MOC on quite a few occasions. I don't know what all the fuss or crying is, Neither the Pro XS or Verado did well at the bridge with both throwing blades. I need to go back know and work out how to build good speed into the props that we have but without them braking. I think I am going to have to bite the bullet and make
    billet ones cause once you find speed it is hard to go backwards.

Racer, The boat doesn't handle to bad now, At first it was quite different. The weight is a not really a problem, but you do need to change your balance and CG quite a bit from the XS set up. As for corning yes you know the weight is there but with alot of testing it is starting to change a little.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Interesting.

I'll be watching for more news and info on this one.
    I wouldn't have so much trouble with this motor if it wasn't so FUGLY!
    W/it being super charged you'd think this would be an avenue for it to shine.
    i.e., long distance highly loaded.
    I can see landing in a tree after trying to turn it though
    I'd rather be competitive w/junk I built in my garage than win w/stuff I bought.

I refuse to allow common sense to interfere w/my boat buying decisions.

Checkmate 16' 140 Johnson
    Hydrostream 17' Vector FrankenRude I
    Laser 480 (?) 21' w/GT 200
    Glastron Carlson Conquest w/XP 2.6
    Glastron Carlson CVX 20 w/XP 2.6
    24' Sonic w/twin 250 Johnsons
    24' Sonic w/twin 250 HO Johnsons
    19' STV River Rocket w/FrankenRude II
    Allison XR 2002 w/Frankenrude II
    Hydrostream 18' V-King w/Frankenrude II

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyWoodF1 View Post
    Woodduck,
    I look forward to the post race inspection as well!!!!
    All I say is bring it on!!!!!! If it past you standing still I would go home and
    do more homework. As you are going on asumption how do you know it was the fastest thing on the water? Did you radar gun it or something?I did in grafton and there were only two MOC boats faster than the first top seven speeds in SMOC. So if a SMOC boat was battling a moc that wouldn't be new news. I have seen race results were SMOC has beaten MOC on quite a few occasions. I don't know what all the fuss or crying is, Neither the Pro XS or Verado did well at the bridge with both throwing blades. I need to go back know and work out how to build good speed into the props that we have but without them braking. I think I am going to have to bite the bullet and make
    billet ones cause once you find speed it is hard to go backwards.

Racer, The boat doesn't handle to bad now, At first it was quite different. The weight is a not really a problem, but you do need to change your balance and CG quite a bit from the XS set up. As for corning yes you know the weight is there but with alot of testing it is starting to change a little.

Troy, no assumption there.

I watched it coming up behind us, we had motor issues and have lost speed since the 120, was at grafton too. We had changed the setup and damaged a prop. Since it's rework and subsequant rework again it has not been the same. The Verado is definately fast, I know how fast Brads boat is, and was on the day, watched him coming up too,he made up ground in the corners, the Verado did it on the straights, like most smoc labs. Brads lines put his boat into the placings along with his skiers, speed into the corners and out of them. I watched him skim the cables at Wisemans! Sure it is on a good Lab, which is suited to the bridge course, and most likely point scores in the right hands. Same as the props, you know a performer won't seem to work on a force but seems to like a Lab, specially after the Stubbs boys have worked on it, which is down to experience.

We have boxes of props, so there is no sleeping there, nor in the setup.

Your Pro XS, I notice on the other website that no mention of the boat being sold minus the motor to the gentleman from Bunderberg was made? Nor that he wanted to buy that engine on the boat but was told it was a sponsorship special. How special is it for a SMOC motor.

I've watched the Hydrotec video's, seen your workshop, spoke to Eric Simon so I can only presume you've gone down that path, good on you if you have because I know they work. There is no bias here against brands, we've run both and have both, just stating the obvious, from someone not sitting on the bank but getting in and having a go.

Outright speed is one thing, something that Tony Rowe and brad groves don't have but the lines they take are the right ones. Positioning themselves so that in four or five corners they'll be able to pass.

Yeah, I know, those moc times are pathetically slow, for most of the class. You really cannot compare them at all, nor the drivers.

Your pickup did look good towing Pro Xs at Grafton too.
    Last edited by woodduck; 12-07-2009 at 11:12 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    there's a team in the netherlands that also runs a 300 verado in ski racing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails normal_DSC_6207_[1600x1200].jpg   normal_DSC_6169_[1600x1200].jpg   post-8-1251136805_thumb.jpg  
    Last edited by dirtydutch; 12-07-2009 at 01:38 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which class do they run it in?
    Looks good!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Troy, what type and brand of props do you run?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the dutch boat would be an F2 boat, especially with the 300. Typically here in Australia, they run a little slower than the smoc boats in good conditions, where they excell is the point scores and rough courses, being heavier they cut thru the chop and handle the wind a little better. V bottoms so they don't have the outright top speed of the Lab (mod vp). F2 has to be a v bottom.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast