Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks to all of the responces, last night we repositioned the pump after cleaning it out! We also lowered it below the pick ups which by the way I replaced both of the pick ups last week! and we were able to get imediate flow from the pump! So tonight I am going to put her in the water and try it again; Keep your fingers crossed and I will report back tomorrow on the results! Sorry I didn't find the spec sheet on the pump yet but I know its among all of the reciepts and things I saved while putting this thing together! I am also determined to post some pics for you guys! Again thanks to all of you for the help! Maybe next yeat I will take the boat to River Ranch instead of the Harley!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hope the replacement of the pump helps, looking forward for the results.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have cut off the pick up tube .5-1.0" so not to suck up crap.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well moving the pump and the fuel selector below the pick ups did not help the problem either! last night we put her back in the water and putted out past the Manatee zone only to have the engine bog down and quit as soon as I throttled up! the pump again went dry! I'm at my wits end with this thing, I ordered another electric pump from Jegs this morning; this one pushes 130 GPH and comes with the pressure regulator.Sunapeeboater the other pump is an Aeromotive Inc Part # 11209, you can google this to get the info on the pump but I couldn't get the specs. Maybe you will have better luck than I did! I don't want to give up on the boat but I'm beggining to think there was a reason this guy sold this boat cheap! Again guys I will post some pics as soon as I figure out how to do it! Thanks for the help!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it gravity flow to the pump?, One time we had a clogged line took line off at the carb and blew back through to tank with the gas cap off, (fuel tanks can't handle pressure.) Don't blow back through the electric pump!. Blow before fuel filter to tank.
    Wonder if the pick up has a sock type filter? This is a good one, good luck.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry

I just replaced the pick ups in both tanks with the updated plastic tube types that you cut off at an angle! There is gravity flow to the pump; Last night when the motor quit the first thing we did was to pull the line off of the in side of the pump and there was still a gravity flow coming out of the line! Go figure? The pump has its own check valve built in it so you can't blow back through!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like the pump has a problem, hopefully the new one will solve it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    do you have have return lines going back to the tanks?

That fuel needs to go back to the tanks so the pump will see cool fuel and not over heat.

I have had that problem before and installed return lines after burning holley pumps up. After the return lines were installed no more problem

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    throw in another variable, remember an article that shoemaker wrote in hot boat as i recall, they were having a similar problem and determined that there had been a lubricant removed from the fuel and it was messing with the impellor they were loosing fuel pressure on a turbo boat. solved the problem and loss of pressure by adding marvel mystery oil or similiar lube back into the fuel supply. maybe worth looking into.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you ever get this resolved?

R.I.P Paul Lanzillo September 23, 1956,August 30, 2009 Miss you Brother

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope so Sunapee boater! At the moment I'm waiting for the saddle tanks to get back from the welder; when I pulled the tanks out I noticed some corrosion where the tanks had some water underneath them. I punched out all the bad places and sent them to be welded back up! next I'm going to coat them with some corrosion resistant primer before glassing them back in! Back to the problem at hand, I have installed a mechanical pump to pull the fuel through the fuel selector and feed the new electric pump before regulating it up to the carberator! The tanks were surprizingly clean on the inside but did have more residue in them! After glssing the tanks back in I will lrt you all know how the results come out! Thanks and stay warm up there, Its in the 40's this morning down here in Florida and I see you guy's have your share of snow up there in NH!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have installed a mechanical pump to pull the fuel through the fuel selector and feed the new electric pump before regulating it up to the carberator!
    You're going at it backwards. Put the electric pump back by the tank and put it down low. Use the electric pump to push the fuel and feed the mechanical pump. The electric pump can free flow through the mechanical pump, but the mechanical can not free flow through the electrical pump. Electric pump goes in line FIRST.
    Duane HTP
    Last edited by Duane HTP; 12-21-2009 at 05:21 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2