Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

225 promax question?

New to screamandfly;Great Website!!!! Question to experienced screamers. I have the option of re-powering. not too familiar with promax models. I'm looking at a late 90's 225 promax or the option of powerhead only
    (2 different sellers). Am currently running a 18'6 1991 champion bass boat with a 2001 xr6 150hp. Would the 225 promax powerhead bolt on to the xr6? Would any mods besides upper/lower cowling and re-prop be needed.What is weight difference between the xr6/225 promax? would rather run 225 promax in midrange rpms than my current xr6 150 in higher rpms. what difference might I expect in top end speed/fuel consumption.(boat only has a 32 gallon tank ). Ok last question(for now). still havent found good outboard/rebuild shop near las vegas. Maybe Southern California shops??? any comments appreciated

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I run a 2000 225 Pro Max on my 1991 Stratos 295 PRO 19ft, its kinda heavy so this is what mine will run. 63 MPH on GPS fully loaded with a passenger, 72 MPH on GPS with just me. 26P Tempest prop, and gets horrible gas mileage lol..... Im kinda new to all of this myself so I know the motor will push my boat faster still working with my setup, but our boats are similar in age so just giving my 2 cents....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

swap

the 225 promax will swap right in place of the 150. you don't have to change the cowl if you don't want to and they weigh the same
    Erik Kiser

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All you need is a tuner and 225 ProMax adapter plate with the large exhaust dumps and you are set.. That is what I did on mine...

Rick
    2006 Gambler 2200DC/2006 250XS