User Tag List

Page 24 of 645 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 74 124 524 ... LastLast

Thread: Great old songs

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my brain..............

HURTS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

WET PICKLE RACING

The "UNracerxOFFICIAL"
    Home of the fastest Emission Outboard
    Motors on the planet

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im gonna put all of this on cds

R.I.P Paul Lanzillo September 23, 1956,August 30, 2009 Miss you Brother

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RfYeiy31h_A&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RfYeiy31h_A&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Robby321 View Post
    I know EXACTLY..where ya speak..and we gotta admit...best I can say..
    "They were the worst of times, and the same time , the best of time!"
    Did a 26 day road trip back Illinois after 14 years here, big azz "Last Blast" party, old friends. Anyone was invited that went to our HS.
    Had 20 years olds, to 80 years olds, big outdoor party.
    Great time.
    Ya ever read any of Peter Egan's writing? Does a column CycleWorld.
    He was a Midwest boy, did the coast thing, now back in the woods around Madison, WI. Great writer, has a book out his columns, and that dude is me, only a few years ahead of me.. the old bikes, Nam, many more bikes, small planes, old bikes.. seems every thing he did, I followed, only never knew it. Google Peter Egan..pick up the book...dude can toss a story!
    Aye-Aye I'll pick up Peter Eagan for winter reading.Small planes?I got a few of those stories too.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great choices E-Tec, I really like the Donovan song and have for a long time but forgot all about it... That's one of the best things about this thread is knocking the dust off the old classics...
    Kevin Kiser

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by E-tec1 View Post
    need a break for a while..........keep on postin.......................
    Gotta say here dude, lived western suburbs Illinois. EVERY weekend was the ride with Dad/mom/sis/bro..all older..me the baby, born 1950. I GREW up weekends, at "Crooked Lake". East shore, 132/Munn road, at the very end.
    The "White Feather Indian Club". Just a bunch of people there, crazy parents, out for a good time, 50's. Big house, hotel like, shared kitchen, and the "Bunk house", where the guys/older kids slept. Under that was the "Rec Room, the wild parents, getting drunk, "Polka music", late into the night.
    Then when half in the bag, they would load the cars, and go to "Sheery's bar", in Lake Villa, just up the road. When they took off, us kids would go fill soda bottles with beer out the tap in the Rec room..sit the shore, tell "Ghost Stories"
    BEST TIME OF MY LIFE!
    I went back the 3 years ago, after a few decades away.
    I thought it would be leveled, now a condo thing.
    I got to it, AND EXACTLY LIKE I LEFT IT.
    I pull in the parking, get out, freaking amazed, as it HAS NOT CHANGED!
    Pretty well empty, anybody. I get out, start looking around. A guy.. (caretaker now)..comes out, says "hi". Tell him "I grew up here, weekends, years ago. DAMN..nothing has changed!"
    Tell him the old days, old "Joe", the caretaker, and my dad (also Joe), helped build this place...say, "Remember Joe Queen?"
    HE SAYS.."ya remember old man Duel".
    YEAH!.....he says.."ya old fool, thats my dad..YOU/ME GREW UP TOGETHER HERE! Has been keeping it alive for quite awhile.
    DAMN!
    Anyway, WAY too much mems here, back there..
    Lost Resort, Fox, Mineloa, 30 more years stories from there.
    PM me if ya want..got pix the old place.
    If ya want, ride down the end, "bang the Gong"...talk to Mike..say .."Joe Queens kid said.."I need a tour"..like going back into the 50's.
    BUT..talk on the 4 person ""Swing"..overlooking the lake..sat that 50 years ago, and its still working

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sunapeeboater View Post
    Did we get this one already?
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/g8MYsii4DZY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/g8MYsii4DZY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

That is one of my favorites!!!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sue when I get it all put on CD's you want a copy?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I grew up in Lake Villa...........

munn rd was across from the duck farm?????? i believe that was the webers...........i think i know the bar..........it was across from olsens????? on grand???? i thinkur ten yrs older than i am so names might have been different........Dahlgaards was the grocery store in lake villa was the Green Monster up when u were around???? if u know what that was........

WET PICKLE RACING

The "UNracerxOFFICIAL"
    Home of the fastest Emission Outboard
    Motors on the planet

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ricky Nelson..."Garden Party"..?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_exY9ptMbA

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robby321 View Post
    Gotta say here dude, lived western suburbs Illinois. EVERY weekend was the ride with Dad/mom/sis/bro..all older..me the baby, born 1950. I GREW up weekends, at "Crooked Lake". East shore, 132/Munn road, at the very end.
    The "White Feather Indian Club". Just a bunch of people there, crazy parents, out for a good time, 50's. Big house, hotel like, shared kitchen, and the "Bunk house", where the guys/older kids slept. Under that was the "Rec Room, the wild parents, getting drunk, "Polka music", late into the night.
    Then when half in the bag, they would load the cars, and go to "Sheery's bar", in Lake Villa, just up the road. When they took off, us kids would go fill soda bottles with beer out the tap in the Rec room..sit the shore, tell "Ghost Stories"
    BEST TIME OF MY LIFE!
    I went back the 3 years ago, after a few decades away.
    I thought it would be leveled, now a condo thing.
    I got to it, AND EXACTLY LIKE I LEFT IT.
    I pull in the parking, get out, freaking amazed, as it HAS NOT CHANGED!
    Pretty well empty, anybody. I get out, start looking around. A guy.. (caretaker now)..comes out, says "hi". Tell him "I grew up here, weekends, years ago. DAMN..nothing has changed!"
    Tell him the old days, old "Joe", the caretaker, and my dad (also Joe), helped build this place...say, "Remember Joe Queen?"
    HE SAYS.."ya remember old man Duel".
    YEAH!.....he says.."ya old fool, thats my dad..YOU/ME GREW UP TOGETHER HERE! Has been keeping it alive for quite awhile.
    DAMN!
    Anyway, WAY too much mems here, back there..
    Lost Resort, Fox, Mineloa, 30 more years stories from there.
    PM me if ya want..got pix the old place.
    If ya want, ride down the end, "bang the Gong"...talk to Mike..say .."Joe Queens kid said.."I need a tour"..like going back into the 50's.
    BUT..talk on the 4 person ""Swing"..overlooking the lake..sat that 50 years ago, and its still working
    Man, that an awesome story... I have no clue of where You're talking about but it doesn't matter, cause We all have that special place from Our Youth that will be with us till the end and it great to hear about other People's true center of this world... Ain't America great, or used to be...
    Kevin Kiser

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by E-tec1 View Post
    munn rd was across from the duck farm?????? i believe that was the webers...........i think i know the bar..........it was across from olsens????? on grand???? i thinkur ten yrs older than i am so names might have been different........Dahlgaards was the grocery store in lake villa was the Green Monster up when u were around???? if u know what that was........
    Hmmmmm..dargging my azz back 50 years here..think yep, the Duck Farm!
    WHOA!........THATS A OLD BRAIN BURNER
    Yeah, off Grand..(132?..) hard to spot the turn off..east shore the Crooked lake. Munn rd.. Be on yer right heading to lake Villa, from Lindenhurst.(the Piggly Wiggly still there?)..'bout 1/2 way?..hard to see the lake from that way anymore..over grown blocks lake view. And it took me 4 passes to find it..off Grand.
    Take a ride down the end..you will see on yer left, and VERY weathered, old rusty 6 foot round sign..White Feather Indian Club
    Let me find a pic..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sunapeeboater View Post
    Sue when I get it all put on CD's you want a copy?

Hey Mark, thanks for thinking of me!!!! you will probably only be able to fit around 20 songs on a cd, if you put them on a dvd you can fit many more. My granddaughter gave me her old ipod and I am having a blast with it, I put all my music on it and plug it into the aux jack in my car...I would love it, if you put them on disc!!! Thanks again!!!!! I will send you money for the disc's and postage, thank you!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil's other half...Sue. View Post
    Hey Mark, thanks for thinking of me!!!! you will probably only be able to fit around 20 songs on a cd, if you put them on a dvd you can fit many more. My granddaughter gave me her old ipod and I am having a blast with it, I put all my music on it and plug it into the aux jack in my car...I would love it, if you put them on disc!!! Thanks again!!!!! I will send you money for the disc's and postage, thank you!
    No money necessary. If I write it as data I could put it on a disc and you could download to your computer and add it to your ipod

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am tired
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/egX9N8yOgaU&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/egX9N8yOgaU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Page 24 of 645 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 74 124 524 ... LastLast