Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two hopefully simple questions...

Hello folks,
    I am in the process of bringing a 23 foot daycruiser back from the dead, all new furniture, paint, and potentially rebuilding the engine, (hoping minimal!)
    I do alot of garage saleing and have come across a couple of options, one is I bought a Barry Grant demon 650 carb at a garage sale for $15.00 I am sure it is not a "marine" carb but am hoping a flame arrestor filter will suffice to use it in the 1973 boat (Grandfathered?)
    Second is it is running a jacuzzi pump and I ran across a complete and very good looking berkley setup out of a 23 foot daycruiser and the guy only wants $50.00 for it!! I plan on buying it just for that simple fact but I hear the Berkleys are a better pump, hoping maybe I can swap but are the mounts typical and interchangable? There are the two questions, worse case I use it to barter with, I have a edelbrock Marine in case the demon is illegal but would much rather run the Demon, again worst case bartering fodder, thanks for any advice.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    on the carb, my .02 , is i would always lean on the side of caution, they make marine carbs for a reason, a fire on a boat is not a pretty sight, also going out on an assumption that the 23 is a covered engine and probably a big inch engine it would also perform better with a larger carb. also check your local laws for legality.as to the pumps good -bad are opinions , the berks and clones offer a lot more after market choices and much cheaper to rebuild than the cuzzis, but your are probably stuck with the jacuzzi as the intake is a different size and pattern from the berk. for 50. i would grab it for trade.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGA View Post
    on the carb, my .02 , is i would always lean on the side of caution, they make marine carbs for a reason, a fire on a boat is not a pretty sight, also going out on an assumption that the 23 is a covered engine and probably a big inch engine it would also perform better with a larger carb. also check your local laws for legality.as to the pumps good -bad are opinions , the berks and clones offer a lot more after market choices and much cheaper to rebuild than the cuzzis, but your are probably stuck with the jacuzzi as the intake is a different size and pattern from the berk. for 50. i would grab it for trade.
    I agree!
    74' Apollo Starfire 18'
    429 BBF mid-engine
    Berkeley 12J, PD and NO intake fins